Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2021 7:40:06 PM EDT
I have two Remington 1903's, I'm thinking about selling one of them

I bought it as a stripped barreled receiver and built it out using all NOS or used Remington parts

The barrel was a sewer pipe and I found a NOS barrel, in original wrap and had it installed (by a professional)

What might this be worth in todays market?

Gunbroker and other sites aren't much help, they only list one of kind, rare rifles.  Yeah right

Any opinions?

THIS IS NOT A FOR SALE POST, JUST ASKING FOR OPINIONS   if i SELL IT, IT WILL BE ON A LOCAL SITE ONLY

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 8:21:30 PM EDT
[#1]
No rule against it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 10:47:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No rule against it.
View Quote

Thanks

Link Posted: 4/18/2021 1:47:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Prices have shot up significantly on 1903s.  Maybe due to the 100th anniversary of WWI.  I've been looking for one, and I've lost quite a few auctions for one.  It's hard to give an exact number, as the prices have varied so much depending on condition.  If I were selling one like that I wouldn't feel bad asking for $1,000.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 1:56:52 PM EDT
[#4]
$1k +/- $200
As always, it all depends on a bunch of factors.

What I would do:
Set the price at what you would be happy letting it go for and see if you get a bite.

Also lots of close up detailed pictures showing everything on all sides of the rifle and the action out of the stock would help.
Was it a demilled receiver?
Have you shot it? What ammo and how did it typically group? Got the target, show it.
Was it refinished or not?

Anyone buying it is probably buying it as a shooter to pour some ammo through - it is a put together = basically no collector value.

Link Posted: 4/18/2021 3:26:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
$1k +/- $200
As always, it all depends on a bunch of factors.

What I would do:
Set the price at what you would be happy letting it go for and see if you get a bite.

Also lots of close up detailed pictures showing everything on all sides of the rifle and the action out of the stock would help.
Was it a demilled receiver?
Have you shot it? What ammo and how did it typically group? Got the target, show it.
Was it refinished or not?

Anyone buying it is probably buying it as a shooter to pour some ammo through - it is a put together = basically no collector value.

View Quote

I was thinking 1K on the high side with a minimum of $800

Demilled receiver, absolutely not

Yes I shot it, with Greek HXP.  The sights on the 1903 are too much of a challenge for me.  It was just fun to shoot

There is zero collector value to it, so I'm hoping to find someone who wants a pretty rifle just to shoot

Thanks for the response

Link Posted: 4/18/2021 3:54:11 PM EDT
[#6]
There is still some “collector” value to it as it is not a D&T receiver or a former drill rifle. True that it is more of a shooter grade rifle.  

When it comes to shooter grade rifles,  barrel condition is everything. With a NOS barrel, $1000 is not out of the question.  The only real drawback that I can see from the picture is that is has a 03A3 pinned stock.  That is not a deal breaker by any means.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 4:19:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I was thinking 1K on the high side with a minimum of $800

Demilled receiver, absolutely not

Yes I shot it, with Greek HXP.  The sights on the 1903 are too much of a challenge for me.  It was just fun to shoot

There is zero collector value to it, so I'm hoping to find someone who wants a pretty rifle just to shoot

Thanks for the response

View Quote
yup, the rear sight on the 1903 is the same reason I never bought one but picked up 03A3's instead.

If the sight is why you are selling it, try trading it for an 03A3 (if you don't already have one).
That rear peep on the 03A3 works pretty good for me and I got the old, bad eyes with glasses thing going on.

Link Posted: 4/18/2021 5:35:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
yup, the rear sight on the 1903 is the same reason I never bought one but picked up 03A3's instead.

If the sight is why you are selling it, try trading it for an 03A3 (if you don't already have one).
That rear peep on the 03A3 works pretty good for me and I got the old, bad eyes with glasses thing going on.

View Quote

Actually, I have a 1903A3 and two 1903s  

Link Posted: 4/18/2021 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Actually, I have a 1903A3 and two 1903s  

View Quote
Nice, that's doing it right!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top