Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2020 6:22:49 PM EDT
Price check on MP-40.

REWAT.

Repair was remove weld from chamber. Chamber was drilled thru also and welded from outside then repaired.

All matching numbers.

Original finish but for repaired area.

What is the ballpark?
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 8:32:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:54:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 3:49:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone know who owns that site?  The prices on 90% of the MGs listed are WAY more than the going rates.
View Quote
Those are listed asking prices not verified sale prices.  If this were real estate they would not be considered verified comps.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 4:17:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 8:03:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Hell, those prices are even higher than Ruben’s asking prices.
View Quote
Reuben probably owns the site. He’s selling below retail so his prices are “fair”. I know everyone talks about how great rueben is, but I’ve spoken to him about a M11/9 and M11-a1 and he never responded to me after calling him. I bought the guns elsewhere and I’m glad I did.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 11:21:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Anyone know who owns that site?  The prices on 90% of the MGs listed are WAY more than the going rates.
View Quote
I agree, the site tends to be 10-20% higher than what is actually selling.

I was always under the impression that they just search for the list prices from various websites and compile the data. If that is the case they will always be high as the MGs that stay listed are the ones that are not selling and they are not selling because they are over priced. MGs priced to move sell in days, sometimes even hours and don't get included in the data.

Its not perfect but its good for people new to the MG world. I appreciated it when I first started looking, it helped me set realistic expectations for what I could and could not afford to own as well as gave me an idea the selection of transferables for sale.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I have posted this before but that machine gun price guide site is 100% BS.

Guys in Uzi talk have stated that prices at which guns were sold and information sent to the guy who runs that site was never put up on the site.

It was believed dude gets some sort of kickback from the big dealers to keep the prices up.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 10:25:10 AM EDT
[#9]
MG Price Guide is interesting to look at historical trends in asking prices. It has always been well over the actual sales prices. I think it greatly relied on Sturm and Subguns as the sources of data collection. The owner used to post on Subguns.  I highly doubt he gets a kickback from big dealers.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 6:30:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I do not know,

But the Super cheap RLL I bought is listed $5000 in 2012.

Lowest listed RLL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top