Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2020 8:03:02 PM EDT
I wear a mild prescription for distance.  I ordered some clip in lenses for my Revision Military goggles.  Will this setup work with NODS or do I need to do something different?
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 8:14:48 PM EDT
[#1]
You can use them with or without your NODs
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 12:22:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I wear my glasses every time I hunt under NODs.

I’m also planning on getting corrective surgery soon.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#3]
No issue with glasses or contacts behind a pvs14 here.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#4]
You can adjust the diopter for when you use your glasses and when you don’t. Remember when focusing nightvison you should go Front, Back,Front.

Look at something with detail: Tree branches, bark etc.
Front - focus the front ring to get as clear as possible at the given distance to the tree etc
Back - focus the back to get as clear as possible
Front- focus the front again to get as clear as possible

Front focus will be for whatever distance you focused it for. If you want infinity then look at far away tree tops or stars and focus on that after you do the above. If you always wear glasses then you won’t need to change your rear piece until you don’t wear glasses and then they will need some adjustment.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No issue with glasses or contacts behind a pvs14 here.
View Quote
same
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:16:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wear a mild prescription for distance.  I ordered some clip in lenses for my Revision Military goggles.  Will this setup work with NODS or do I need to do something different?
View Quote

Yes it will. RX insert on Sawfly, Stingerhawk and Desert Locust on ball detent Sentinels here. Something to be aware of with the RX insert is the standoff between your eyelashes and the lens (depending on the length of your eyelashes) which can cause oil streaks on the lens. As you use your NVG's throughout the night you may find the image becoming less clear, wipe the lens of the insert first before you mess around with the ocular focus. You will also perhaps notice part of the RX insert frame in your peripheral vision, be aware of this before making IPD adjustments.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 3:57:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top