Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2021 3:16:48 PM EDT
What was the “normal” price per round before the world went insane?
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#1]
17-22 per 50, for fmj and bargain SP.   Hornady CD and similar were a buck a round.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 3:52:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Around $.44 cpr here for PPU and Aguila...

I remember my buddy paying about $22 a box of 50.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 6:26:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I was paying around $17 for 50 round boxes of PPU, normal price for Armscor was $18 bucks a box. Best deal I found was this time a year ago, Outdoor Limited had scheduled a sale on the Armscor at $11.99 a box of 50. I stumbled onto that 1st week of the current panic and bought 4000 rounds so quick my debit card screamed

I've still got 3000 rounds of that. Last summer through Nov 6 the Korean surplus was still plentiful and holding a decent price so I would buy that at $44 bucks a 120 round bandolier as I went to the range (I live near AIM Surplus) plus I bought 2-3 cases. Last summer I mainly shot my Carbines because it was the only ammo I could replace at a decent price.

That stopped the week of the election. Everyone ran out then restocked a week later at almost double the price.

Right now I've 5000 rounds of .30 Carbine for 6 Carbines (3 shooters, 3 safe queens) I plan on allowing myself to shoot 1000 rounds of the Korean I have through the summer then parking my Carbines until I can replace it.

Grabagun sent me a notice in the past week that they had the PPU in stock at $35 a box, double what it was last year. Their out now.

I really don't expect .30 Carbine to become plentiful for 2 years minimum. This same thing happened post Newtown/Sandy Hook. .30 Carbine dried up and there was zero being made for at least a year. Ammo makers were using the materials for more common calibers.

Back then I had 4 Carbines and only 500 rounds of Carbine ammo. I sold off 2 of my "commercial" Carbines because I couldn't feed the poor things. This time out I'll keep what I have and hope ammo prices come down in 2 years
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#5]
mid summer 2020 you could get Korean bulk for 36 CPR.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:15:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I just paid .66 at SGammo. Not complaining though, my sister gifted me my BIL's M1 he bought from CMP in the late fifties. He still had 3 bandoliers of LC marked 1956 with it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 9:24:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I just paid .66 at SGammo. Not complaining though, my sister gifted me my BIL's M1 he bought from CMP in the late fifties. He still had 3 bandoliers of LC marked 1956 with it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice gift, post pictures of it in the Carbine photo thread

As to the Korean surplus, inspect every round IMO. I've shot around 2000 rounds of it (have 1600 left from when it was cheaper) and there was 1 can that mildew got into and gummed up the rounds.

I was able to clean up most of it but did throw away around 30 rounds that can that I just didn't want to risk.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:56:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an ammo can of Federal in military boxes and an ammo can. Any idea what that is worth?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:01:17 PM EDT
[#9]
S&B used to be $9 per 50 in bulk at AIM way back in the day.

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah that didn't go out of stock, they just raised the prices to make more money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top