Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2021 3:20:34 PM EDT
Anyone here reload 22tcm? Looking for powder recommendations.  I have seen a wide variety of stuff used on the internet but would like suggestions from somebody that has some experience ...

I do realize that Accurate TCM is out of stock everywhere.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:30:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:20:51 PM EDT
[#2]
this cartridge likes, in general, same powders as .22 Hornet

from this article:

For a while, Fred Craig sold unprimed cases and custom-made dies for the .22 TCM. Hornady is now making the reloading dies as well. Also available are Armscor unprimed cases for $19 per 100 or $184 per 1,000.

Craig recommended the use of W296 and H110 propellants in the .22 TCM. Other .22 Hornet powders, such as Hodgdon Lil'Gun, Ramshot Enforcer, Accurate 1680 and Alliant Power Pro 300-MP, may eventually prove to be equally good candidates. The Western Powders website will likely be the first source for load data, but I am told it is still months away.
View Quote

This article lists some recipes for careful consideration
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:48:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I use H110.

I have experimented with unique for sub sonics that do not cycle the slide.

With the 40gr armscor bullets in converted LC brass (Less case capacity than armscor brass) I got up to 10.2gr of H110 before I got stuck cases.

Good luck, its a fun round, but finicky.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:28:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use H110.

With the 40gr armscor bullets in converted LC brass (Less case capacity than armscor brass) I got up to 10.2gr of H110 before I got stuck cases.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use H110.

Quoted:
this cartridge likes, in general, same powders as .22 Hornet

from this article:

This article lists some recipes for careful consideration

Thank both of you guys! I have some H110 and some Winchester 296, guess I should buy a chrono and play a little bit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:54:27 AM EDT
[#5]
With H110, recommended by Fred Craig, I got just what he predicted.  All the accuracy, and less velocity.  About 150-200 fps if I recall.

Lil'Gun I matched velocity, but lost accuracy.

300MP I matched factory velocity and accuracy.  5" RIA 1911

You will split some case necks, even the factory ones split.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top