Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2018 9:51:49 PM EDT
Just picked up my MPX pistol yesterday and today I spent a little time cleaning it and getting familiar with assembly/disassembly.
During my tinkering session I noticed there are no roll pins installed in the upper receiver holes for the charging handle to latch on to. The handle seems to stay put even with the bolt locked back, however I don't want to damage this thing in the first magazine.
If any of you folks with newer production guns could check yours to see if the pins are there I'd greatly appreciate it. Sig obviously changed a few things with newer builds since mine has a rubber "accuwedge" instead of the tensioning screw in the lower (verified this is normal), perhaps they decided the roll pins weren't necessary.
Many thanks!
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Does yours have a firing pin spring?
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#2]
It does have a firing pin spring.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 11:30:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It does have a firing pin spring.
View Quote
Mine at first did not have a spring. At around 300 rounds the firing pin broke.
Sig replaced the bolt carrier with one that will accept a spring, along with a new firing pin and spring.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 4:50:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a gen 1 none of these issues and mine came with the roll pins and the firing pin spring.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#5]
What are these roll pins your taking about. does the gen 2 have these. I have a firing pen spring. But I've not seen any roll pins
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 8:30:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What are these roll pins your taking about. does the gen 2 have these. I have a firing pen spring. But I've not seen any roll pins
View Quote
Look at the back of your upper receiver, viewing from the top. You will notice two holes located in the area directly behind the last section of picatinny rail.
These holes are used to install roll pins on each side for the charging handle latches to catch on.

As stated in my original post, mine did not have them, however Sig remedied the problem in extremely quickly, paid shipping both ways, and sent me all kinds of extra goodies for the inconvenience.
Overall I am extremely pleased with both the service I received, as well as with the gun itself.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 10:19:31 AM EDT
[#7]
That's great to hear they are backing their product and correcting their mistake.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top