Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2021 11:13:33 PM EDT
I didn't know these existed until today but apparently Midwest Industries makes a poor man's Unity Mount for Aimpoint Micro-style optics. I read an article saying that they have some type of agreement with Unity allowing them to make what is basically a clone of their mount with less features.

It's the same height as its' Unity counterpart but without: 1) The locking lug; 2) Removable rail attachment piece (you have to slide it down the length of the picatinny to get it to the mounting point); and 3) no iron sights, but it has a channel to see iron sights through. It's only $90 compared to Unity's mounts which are usually around $170.

Looks like it's currently OOS but I'm guessing they're making more, you may want to call to check.

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/MI-Non-QD-Mount-for-Aimpoint-T1-NV-Height-p/mi-t1-nv.htm

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 11:09:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if you could add the unity qf to that ??
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 9:10:32 AM EDT
[#2]
The slide down the rail thing is super annoying, but it's a really nice solid mount. I have the lower 1/3 version on the ultimak of my ak so my thumb doesn't block it when using the O.W.L., I was amazed to find that zero didn't shift after installing it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 11:06:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wonder if you could add the unity qf to that ??
View Quote

Wouldn't work, the whole mount is one piece.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 4:05:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I would just go with the unity one personally considering the difference but if it works for you it works.

Link Posted: 4/8/2021 8:43:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Is probably solid as hell like most of their other gear. I'll probably grab one at some point to give it a shake.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Night vision can get expensive and if you're doing it on a budget, saving $80 here, $100 there, etc. can really add up to either save you a good amount of money overall or allow for a larger budget when purchasing other accessories.

You can always just pull your charging handle and slide this thing on from the back of the gun. If you run a BUIS, use a torque wrench for consistent torque which will increase the chance of a repeatable zero if you have to remove and remount it. Personally, I'm finding that less and less of my guns seem to need BUIS, especially for NV rigs, because in my experience it's pretty hard to use BUIS in night vision shooting conditions.

If money isn't an issue, the Unity Aimpoint Micro mount with an ADM QD lever added to it is an awesome setup.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:11:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been contemplating running one of these set ups for a bit now, this will let me try it out on the cheap. I had no idea this was out there, and I didn't want to mess around with a bunch of chineasieum risers I don't have quite the right combination of yet just to get an idea if it was for me. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:23:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I came here to see an Aimpoint mounted to a carry handle...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top