Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2018 12:59:58 PM EDT
The recent Forgotten Weapons video about the M6 piqued my interest, especially when I looked up the catalog listing with the auction house and saw where the pre-auction estimates were and the fac that the M6 is a full-auto only gun. (Select fire guns are considered assault weapons under the Connecticut assault weapons ban) However, the same laws also (generally) prohibit greater than 10rd magazines. I know that the factory magazines are 30 rounders- which would make them a no-go. I have seen some websites marketing M6 mags as M10 magazines. Are those actually cross compatible? If so, were there any companies that made 10rd M10-compatible magazines?

I don't own any full-auto guns, but I would love to figure what some potential options might be that comply with Connecticut's laws.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 6:47:57 AM EDT
[#1]
The majority of select-fire guns are easily and quickly modified to full-auto only status and may then be purchased by CT residents.  The real problem, as you have discovered, is the ban on magazines with larger-than-10 capacities.  A machine gun with 10-round mags is pretty useless.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 7:35:59 AM EDT
[#2]
You can find M-10 (Grease Gun) 10rd mags.....

M6 mags are not compatable with anything else......not even close.....they are expensive when you can find them.....

The M6 is actually selective fire.......uses a progressive trigger like an AUG. Some were fitted with selectors however.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 12:06:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The M6 is actually selective fire.......uses a progressive trigger like an AUG. Some were fitted with selectors however.
View Quote
What he said. It's an odd arrangement, especially when you're not told before using it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 1:53:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Are there no grandfathered standard capacity mags in CT? Most people own a bunch of standard AR mags. The M16 is easy to make FA only for CT.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top