Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 160
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 5:08:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Croak:
I will be buying a DM cummerbund though, along with a Grim Hunter Tactical 'bund adaptor, so I can upgrade the cummerbund on my Agilite K-19.
View Quote

The AXL velcro loop adapter works well for that purpose, too, especially if you don't need the MOLLE.

https://www.axladvanced.com/products/velcro-loop-adapter
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 8:44:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 9:26:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone know where I could find a piece of cordura with Velcro? I just want to cover the exposed Velcro on my carrier.

Last couple times I went shooting with it I brought leaves and sticks home.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 11:14:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Gasman:

The AXL velcro loop adapter works well for that purpose, too, especially if you don't need the MOLLE.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gasman:
I will be buying a DM cummerbund though, along with a Grim Hunter Tactical 'bund adaptor, so I can upgrade the cummerbund on my Agilite K-19.

Yeah, well, the NINE MONTHS it took me to get a JPC placard adaptor from AXL, or the Eclipse that never shipped soured me on them.  AXL is dead to me.

Ok, I did buy a RAC Link recently but got that through another vendor that I know ships quickly and shows actual stock.   I still almost bought Chinese Sordin/AMP adaptors.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 7:11:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By smitty_007:
Are most of you running Hesco or RMA plates in your carriers?  I have some Hesco L210’s and keep thinking about stepping up to either RMA 1092’s/1093’s or 3810’s.
View Quote

Originally Posted By mPisi:

Anything 3-curve should feel a ton better, at least to me.  I'm saving up for U210.
View Quote

I use 3810's because I think .308 is a realistic possibility. That being said, ScubaSteve likes U210s for the same reason I like 3810s over Lvl IV. He's getting half the diameter.

https://www.hesco.com/media/3065/threat-matrix_210420.pdf
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 7:48:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
What did it look like if you lay the placard at the correct height?
View Quote

They sit down really low past bottom of edge and still have excess strap up top at buckles. If you're interested in it let me know.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 8:10:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Since this is a Carrier/Armor type thread I thought this would fit here. Anyone seen one of these suckers?

Valiant Dynamics
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 10:30:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:
I use 3810's because I think .308 is a realistic possibility. That being said, ScubaSteve likes U210s for the same reason I like 3810s over Lvl IV. He's getting half the diameter.
https://www.hesco.com/media/3065/threat-matrix_210420.pdf
View Quote

Both are great choices, U210 unofficially covers .308 while 3810 unofficially covers M855A1.

Surprised no new Daeodons showing up yet in the pic thread
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 6:40:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I SO want to place an esstac order right now but I dont really need anything
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 8:14:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Yeah, well, the NINE MONTHS it took me to get a JPC placard adaptor from AXL, or the Eclipse that never shipped soured me on them.  AXL is dead to me.

Ok, I did buy a RAC Link recently but got that through another vendor that I know ships quickly and shows actual stock.   I still almost bought Chinese Sordin/AMP adaptors.
View Quote

SKD Tac carries them, too, and they have real-time inventory.

I haven't seen a good review on the Bifrost Gear Chinese Sordin adaptors, but I am interested in them. The RAC link, while of good quality, sure looks like it was just cobbled together.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By leadersound:
@SouthsideSlim You might have another problem. Pretty sure LBX armatus placard buckles are 3/4" vs the standard 1" on other placards.
View Quote

LBX makes a MOLLE placard you can put whatever pouches you want onto.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Jibles:

If you took the buckles off and used a slim cummerbund, I don't see why not. It's very similar to the Slickster with the only real differences being the small built-in admin pouch and the flap that covers the rear of the cummerbund.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/245637/IMG_9225_JPEG-2443954.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:

Would you say it is as low pro as say, a slickster. IE, if you wanted to conceal this under a hoodie or light jacket, could you do so if you run it slick?

This is one of the few companies that offer a small.

If you took the buckles off and used a slim cummerbund, I don't see why not. It's very similar to the Slickster with the only real differences being the small built-in admin pouch and the flap that covers the rear of the cummerbund.

I prefer this over a Slickster.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By jcast141:

How useful is the admin pocket? I’m thinking about picking one up to replace my Velocity LWPC.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jcast141:

How useful is the admin pocket? I’m thinking about picking one up to replace my Velocity LWPC.

I have a Multicam one listed in the EE.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 11:49:41 AM EDT
[#14]
I received the A&A Tactical 3 streand molle cummerbund from them earlier this week. Fit is excellent, but TBH, I prefer the two strand skeletal from DM. The two strand doesn't ride up into my armpit, and the QD tubes are a straight pull to release instead of a slide out. FWIW, I could use either in a pinch, but the DM hooks up easier as well. Plus, it's less expensive, though not an exact match to the slickster, it works fine. You really can't go wrong with either. If I was wearing mnore gear on the cummerbund, as I only have a zero 9 radio holder and a TQ holster now, I'd probably like the 3 strand better. Ditto that if I was going to run side plates.  

The lead time on the A&A was like  2 months to get, but it came faster than I thought it would. I bought the DM because less than a month, as opposed to the 10-12 week lead time, and I needed a skeletal, due to heat and comfort issues.

Both of these are run on a slickster with the WTFIdea rear plate bag molle cover. The molle cover covers the velcro on the rear straps, but is lazer cut, so might still need to be cleaned out after a romp through the woods.

I might be tempted to get a DM carrier, since I already have the cummerbund, and replace the Condor one I got way back when steel plates were the only thing I could afford. I have enough placards to outfit both. Right now the Condor holds 9 mags, has a double stocked med kit, dump pouch, and all kinds of little things that really load it down with the level 4 plates in it.

Had a medical issue which kept me down for 2 weeks, and another weeks of light duty, so I weaseled out of wearing the carrier for those 12 hour shifts. But I have had the carrier on and worn it for that period of time, for multiple shifts in a row for 12 hours, and it is doable, but it takes time to get used to the weight of the carrier and the stress on the lower back, in particular. A skeletal cummerbund allows for air to get in on the sides and flow under the carrier, and IMO, is a must for hotter climes. On a happier note, I am down by about 30 lbs, and probably have another 25 to go until I am back at fighting weight. Losing weight helps to manage the additional weight of the carrier by a margin.

Getting old ain't for sissies. Train in your carrier if at all possible. Don't kill yourself. As you get used to the additional weight, it becomes much easier.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 12:25:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By GunnyFitz:
Since this is a Carrier/Armor type thread I thought this would fit here. Anyone seen one of these suckers?

Valiant Dynamics
View Quote

Ohhhh, I’m buying one of these!
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 4:42:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AIWB:
Ohhhh, I’m buying one of these!
View Quote

You'll DEFINITELY need to post a review on it if so! I've never seen such a thing and don't really buy into the concept.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 8:06:33 PM EDT
[#17]

You'll DEFINITELY need to post a review on it if so! I've never seen such a thing and don't really buy into the concept.
View Quote

Immediately makes me think of the Tactical Duostock.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 8:12:50 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Will do. It’s probably nonsense like you said, but I can kinda see where it might work.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 7:52:45 AM EDT
[#19]
ATTENTION T-REX or DM MEMBERS:

Has anyone owned/seen/used a T-Rex AC1 and a DM MEPC?

The desire for a minimalist/slick plate carrier lead me to the AC1 which I really, really like - though it has a few drawbacks. I can even remove the Placard and wear it underneath something.

My question is this = Is the MEPC bigger, bulkier, not as "slick" as the AC1? DM says "The Mission Essential Plate Carrier (MEPC) keeps a minimalist design at its heart while packing in key features that enhance usability"

Knowing I'll see other recommendations I'm just curious if anyone here has ever considered one of these over the other. DM offers a decent discount so I was thinking on grabbing one.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 9:06:47 AM EDT
[#20]
I can only speak to the AC1, which “appeared” slicker to me based on pics/YouTube. Overall, I’m pretty satisfied with the TRex. I’ve only had it for a couple weeks, but I wore it for several hours scouting for a tree stand spot this weekend. Pretty comfortable, but a couple gripes with the shoulder pads, and the front plate pocket. Very little contour in the shoulders to the extent that the inner side of the straps dig a bit. Also, because they omitted the side stitching on the plate pocket, the plate tries to spin a bit and pulls when you are securing the Velcro cumberbund. Didn’t notice it once it was on though, it moves well with you.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#21]
I can only speak to the AC1, which “appeared” slicker to me based on pics/YouTube. Overall, I’m pretty satisfied with the TRex. I’ve only had it for a couple weeks, but I wore it for several hours scouting for a tree stand spot this weekend. Pretty comfortable, but a couple gripes with the shoulder pads, and the front plate pocket. Very little contour in the shoulders to the extent that the inner side of the straps dig a bit. Also, because they omitted the side stitching on the plate pocket, the plate tries to spin a bit and pulls when you are securing the Velcro cumberbund. Didn’t notice it once it was on though, it moves well with you.
View Quote

What size plates are you running, and what size AC1 do ya have? I've never had any issue with plate movement w 10x12s

I added some other Shoulder Straps with more padding and can wear it for hours without griping. Once you find your comfort zone w cummerbund tension it doesnt move while running & shooting.  

Also added their foam plate backers too. That may even help with your moving plates?  
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 9:59:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Both small, plates are SAPI cut. I throw it on with one side of the cumberbund attached. When I pull the other side to secure it, the Velcro front rolls to that side and I have to move it back. Not really a gripe I guess, just a temporary annoyance.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 1:44:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#23]
Both small, plates are SAPI cut. I throw it on with one side of the cumberbund attached. When I pull the other side to secure it, the Velcro front rolls to that side and I have to move it back. Not really a gripe I guess, just a temporary annoyance.
View Quote

I see what ya mean. I still do it old school. Throw it over my head with both sides of cummerbund open, raise placard and tighten down each side accordingly. Amendments made during duration worn.
*Know how they say 10x12 curved plates dont fit in their Medium one? Took me awhile but I inched those plates into that damn thing!

The thought's been planted in my head on using tubes with the Tab to yank etc. Have this feature on my "Heavy" Rig setup and guess its ok. I still revert to making tightness adjustments old way.

If anyone ditched the stock TRex cummerbund for something more advantageous - drop in a link. I'm all for gnarly outfitted rigs with eject tabs or rocket switches. Just prefer to have a super slick one on hand too.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 5:49:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Croak] [#24]

The desire for a minimalist/slick plate carrier lead me to the AC1 which I really, really like - though it has a few drawbacks. I can even remove the Placard and wear it underneath something.

My question is this = Is the MEPC bigger, bulkier, not as "slick" as the AC1? DM says "The Mission Essential Plate Carrier (MEPC) keeps a minimalist design at its heart while packing in key features that enhance usability"

Knowing I'll see other recommendations I'm just curious if anyone here has ever considered one of these over the other. DM offers a decent discount so I was thinking on grabbing one.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/434956/Front_jpeg-2473854.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/434956/dm_JPG-2473855.JPG
View Quote

These guys have tried both:

Defense Mechanisms MEPC: We have found a winner

TL;DW: MEPC wins the comparison as a slick carrier, and turns into a pretty good load bearing rig.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#25]
gonna be ditching the lv119 and getting a shaw arc 2...

Gonna be selling it on the EE in the next week as well as some other chest rig stuff
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 7:53:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#26]
These guys have tried both:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZB6Ne5F62Y
TL;DW: MEPC wins the comparison as a slick carrier, and turns into a pretty good load bearing rig.
View Quote

Ugh. Just what I need. Another point against the AC1.
Will watch in detail but would love to hear from owners too. Thx
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 12:49:00 AM EDT
[#27]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/434956/Front_jpeg-2473854.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/434956/dm_JPG-2473855.JPG
View Quote

Buy the MEPC.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#28]
What shoulder pads for JPC and Slickster? I'm looking for shoulder pads that aren't bulky but still plenty of padding. Any suggestions from anyone with either PC?
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 12:57:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By manywits:
What shoulder pads for JPC and Slickster? I'm looking for shoulder pads that aren't bulky but still plenty of padding. Any suggestions from anyone with either PC?
View Quote

Running qore on my slickster
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 8:32:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
Does anyone know where I could find a piece of cordura with Velcro? I just want to cover the exposed Velcro on my carrier.

Last couple times I went shooting with it I brought leaves and sticks home.
View Quote

@03RN Maybe this would work?
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:03:15 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm not sure if this belongs here with plate carriers or with the first line belts because it's a question about both. What solutions have you all found to keep my draw of my AR mag from hanging up on my gp pouch on my left cumberbund other than moving pouch to completely different area. But if that's what needs to be done then I'm open to all suggestions. Thank you in advance.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 2:55:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By tuckfinn35:
I'm not sure if this belongs here with plate carriers or with the first line belts because it's a question about both. What solutions have you all found to keep my draw of my AR mag from hanging up on my gp pouch on my left cumberbund other than moving pouch to completely different area. But if that's what needs to be done then I'm open to all suggestions. Thank you in advance.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/462313/IMG_20220809_235703_2_jpg-2483561.JPG
View Quote

Ridgeline Defense
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 7:34:10 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm not sure if this belongs here with plate carriers or with the first line belts because it's a question about both. What solutions have you all found to keep my draw of my AR mag from hanging up on my gp pouch on my left cumberbund other than moving pouch to completely different area. But if that's what needs to be done then I'm open to all suggestions. Thank you in advance.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/462313/IMG_20220809_235703_2_jpg-2483561.JPG
View Quote

Get rid of it. Put it in you pack
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 7:34:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By GSAR426:

Ridgeline Defense
View Quote

Thanks a lot!!! That was so not what I was expecting but will remedy the problem just the same. I was thinking of different placement or something like that. Thanks a lot. I think I could use that in some other spots too!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 7:35:46 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Get rid of what exactly? The pouch or the mag?
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 7:36:58 AM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Because I've seen similar pulled off. Sincerely asking.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Sorry. The gp pouch.

Unless it's absolutely critical that you have it on your armor. If so shift it back.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:42:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Spyider] [#38]
Ditching the lv119.. the Shaw arc 2 came in.

This thing is SWEET

Gonna take me a few months to get it setup to how I like

Link Posted: 8/16/2022 5:20:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Hi everyone!

Which kind of rig would you choose for service in trenches with high probability of frequent artillery fire? Could you give any examples of what can be obtained in US?
Imo frag protection with large coverage would be more preferable, i.e. soft armor including neck, groin, biceps coverage. But I managed to find only low profile plate carriers.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 7:39:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By EvgenS:
Hi everyone!

Which kind of rig would you choose for service in trenches with high probability of frequent artillery fire? Could you give any examples of what can be obtained in US?
Imo frag protection with large coverage would be more preferable, i.e. soft armor including neck, groin, biceps coverage. But I managed to find only low profile plate carriers.
View Quote

A usgi interceptor
Attachment Attached File

The groin, neck, and shoulders are all pretty cheap
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 4:54:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EvgenS] [#41]
Thanks for the suggestion!
There are not much offers and I managed to find only used complete set of iotv on eBay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/175310146550?_ul=UA

I heard that soft armor starts to degrade after 5-7 years. So maybe it would be safer to buy this Alice brand new vest instead? Is it a good option?
https://acelinkarmor.com/bulletproof-vests/m-s-o-v-modular-special-operations-vest/
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By EvgenS:
Thanks for the suggestion!
There are not much offers and I managed to find only used complete set of iotv on eBay.
https://www.ebay.comitm/175310146550?_ul=UA

I heard that soft armor starts to degrade after 5-7 years. So maybe it would be safer to buy this Alice brand new vest instead? Is it a good option?
https://acelinkarmor.com/bulletproof-vests/m-s-o-v-modular-special-operations-vest/
View Quote

Soft armor has been shown to be effective for 20-30 years. As long as it's not sitting in the sun I think you'll be ok.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:43:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MeatBag] [#43]
View Quote

@tuckfinn35 You could try a horizontal mag pouch on your belt. I've seen someone on reddit mount the vertical kywi (can't tell what your AR pouch is) that way using zip ties, so you don't have to buy a new one.

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 7:48:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Seatbelts] [#44]
Does anyone know if the esstac panels will fit a shellback rampage 2.0?

Esstac says this " To use our front panels on different plate carriers that are out on the market make sure you have the 1" female buckles and they are spread 6" apart from the inside of the buckles. Also make sure your carrier has loop velcro under the buckles so our front panels can attach to your plate carrier that you have."

I measured the female buckles and mine look closer to 1.25 then 1inch but the 6inch spacing between buckles is pretty close. I would love to get some AR mag panels and some MP5 mag placs for my new PC but obviously fitting is important.

Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 7:50:45 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote
You could try the mag mounted upside down in a ITW FastMag mounted on the cumberbund
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 12:48:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Thomasjtsi] [#46]
Trying out a lesser known company, Redemption Tactical, and their Crusader 2.0 carrier.  Battle Steel level 4 plates.
https://youtu.be/VVv02HS_5NI
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

No way this isn't shilling
View Quote

I assure you it’s not.  Just putting info out about a new carrier I’m trying.  Just so happens to be my first post.  I’ve been a member for a couple years, however.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 9:23:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kidnap_44] [#49]
Heaviest to lightest...
Added a BFG 10 Speed Chest Rig...dont know if Im a fan, but only $60.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 2:51:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#50]
Working on getting this fixed
Attachment Attached File

CD
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top