Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 160
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 7:02:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kidnap_44] [#1]
Attachment Attached File

AWS OCPC with ESAPIs and MSAP side plates, 5 mags, TQ, shears and IFAK in dangler. 22lbs.
JPC 1.0 with RMA 1093s, 4 mags, TQ, shears and IFAK in dangler. 15.2lbs.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 8:07:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Croak] [#2]
Finally got around to taking a shot of my belt and carrier setup.

On the PC:
Agilite K19 V2.0
LAPG Level IV plates
Juggernaut MOLLE Mount (it's LARPtastic!  Their IMPCT case sucks for EDC though, too damned bulky)
Agilite Pincher Placard
PIG gloves and a little One-Wrap loop holding them to the placard.
Defense Mechanisms radio wing pouch with BF UV-5 or Anytone 868
Cattail Antenna
CommGear Supply Kenwood PTT/mic and headset lead (not shown)
HSGI Taco (handy when I switch to a .308 placard)
Eleven 10 soft TQ holder with CAT 7 TQ
Krydex dangler, IFAK inside in a Grim Hunter Tactical insert

The belt
KORE battle belt (this does not suck, in case anyone wondered)
Esstac double pistol mag pouch, One-Wrapped
2x Esstac AR-15 pouches, One-Wrapped
BFG dump pouch, One-Wrapped
Safariland 7TS RDS with mid-ride UBL
Sig P320 X-Carry with Faxon comp, HS 507 Vulcan, Wilson Combat grip module, Armory Craft "WC-style" +2 baseplates
Eleven 10 soft TQ holder with CAT 7 TQ and shears, One-Wrapped.
Viking Tactics G-hook suspenders (mounts on belt, suspenders not shown)

Helmet (fresh work in progress, helmet just came in on Friday)
Team Wendy Exfil Bump LTP 3.0
Team Wendy Peltor QD mounts
Agilite MC helmet cover
Agilite Rear pouch
Sordin Supreme Pro X LED (waiting on SARA from Unity to arrive to use the Peltor mount)

Still haven't gotten around to a small belt mount IFAK, and will be adding a PVS-14 setup to the helmet before long.  Oh, and there's a Rite in the Rain in the PC admin pouch!

Link Posted: 6/19/2022 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:
I put armor off for a long time, but I now finally have the beginnings of a functional setup.

https://i.imgur.com/DtnPnjc.jpg
View Quote

Ordered a hook for myself, I didn't even know that such a thing existed until now.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 8:39:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Inimicalone] [#4]

Top to bottom.
My truck PC. BFG plateminus with hesco l210's and a tenspeed double m4 pouch.
An older highcom active shooter kit with lvl4 4sa7 plates and an AWS triple mag kangaroo pouch.
My house PC SKD pig brigadine with spiritus tube cummerbund and Ferro concept m4 placard and hesco 4401 plates.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:
I put armor off for a long time, but I now finally have the beginnings of a functional setup.

https://i.imgur.com/DtnPnjc.jpg
View Quote
Nice!

What plates you running?
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 10:26:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Nice!

What plates you running?
View Quote

I went with a set of HighCom 3s9m's, Level 3 special threat.  They claim M855A1 and 7.62x54R AP protection.  A little heavy and thicker than I'd ideally like, but they should do for now.  I hope the Hesco 3811's make it out into the wild before too long.

The plates are shooter cut, so there is some empty space in the carrier, but they fit ok.

The only problem so far is that due to my manlet status at 5'8" I've shortened the shoulder straps up as far as they go, and the plates still sit a little lower than I'd like.  Still trying to figure out how to get that fixed.  Other wise I really like the K19.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 10:27:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Kidnap_44:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316849/20220619_175730_jpg-2424106.JPG
AWS OCPC with ESAPIs and MSAP side plates, 5 mags, TQ, shears and IFAK in dangler. 22lbs.
JPC 1.0 with RMA 1093s, 4 mags, TQ, shears and IFAK in dangler. 15.2lbs.
View Quote

What is your reason for taping your mags?  I realize different strokes for different folks, so just curious.  Seems like most people that post pics in here have PMAGS that are already FDE or sand/tan or maybe even a home brew paint job along those lines, so they already blend in with multicam plate carriers.  But I just noticed you have some USGI steel mags (which is what most of mine are) and the green OD tape sure seemed like an easy way to help them blend in a little better to the PC.  But it also might be your way to identify a particular loadout, or maybe even some other reason(s).  So, just curious.  :)
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 10:38:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kidnap_44] [#8]
Originally Posted By DD1801:

What is your reason for taping your mags?  I realize different strokes for different folks, so just curious.  Seems like most people that post pics in here have PMAGS that are already FDE or sand/tan or maybe even a home brew paint job along those lines, so they already blend in with multicam plate carriers.  But I just noticed you have some USGI steel mags (which is what most of mine are) and the green OD tape sure seemed like an easy way to help them blend in a little better to the PC.  But it also might be your way to identify a particular loadout, or maybe even some other reason(s).  So, just curious.  :)
View Quote

The USGI aluminum mags fit better under my arm on side, slightly shorter/thinner than PMAGs, makes all the difference on my setups/body. Taped them with .mil OD Nashua tape / 100 MPH tape for kicks, no reason other than that throwback nastalgia and I felt like taping some mags.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Awesome thanks!   Nice setups you got there, too.  I still need to get a TQ holder.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 1:20:56 AM EDT
[#10]
FYI Duct/100mph tape good as a survival fire starter.

CD
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 9:45:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

I want an “SMG” panel for Glock mags to attach to this LBX carrier.
I’m used to old school MOLLE stuff so learning the modern things.
(I know ALICE too)
Esstac makes one but it specifies 6” between buckles. I measure 7” on this.
Anyone have recommendations?
TIA
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 2:18:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#12]
Has ANYONE ever seen one of these things? You'd think it would be more prevalent if they were really out there. Looks like just another backer to me.

Body Armor ICE
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Finally took some pics.

Attachment Attached File

Covert setup.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 9:02:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: leadersound] [#14]
@SouthsideSlim You might have another problem. Pretty sure LBX armatus placard buckles are 3/4" vs the standard 1" on other placards.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 10:49:40 PM EDT
[#15]
You are correct sir, thanks for pointing that out.

Guess I will ponder this a bit.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 5:48:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Which mag holder is that on the slickster? And is the TQ just stuck in the side?
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Croak:

And this cummerbund looks fairly minimalist and skeletal to me, and that sure looks like mesh backing on the plate bags and shoulders.  But I could be wrong, I just own one and only use it in Florida.  

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tacticalcafe.it%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2021%2F02%2FTattico_1-3.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
View Quote

Banshee 2.0 has built up padded mesh so there are channels air can flow through. Only certain parts of the mesh touch your body.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 2:36:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#18]
Originally Posted By Sniper3142:
For those interested, Agilite recently released their Version 3 of the K19.  It can now be configured to either have the Quick Release buckles on the shoulder areas, or not.

I'm pretty sure that makes this already capable and comfortable PC now one of the most flexible on the market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f-CP0QYQ00
View Quote

That's huge to me. My Banshee Elite 3.0 is awesome but I hate the placement of the shoulder strap buckles since they are right where the buttstock goes when you shoulder a rifle. I am not a professional but I can't help but think it was a poorly thought out location that everybody got on the bandwagon with. Tubes make them completely unnecessary now too by my reckoning. I can't help but think the ability to comfortably and thus accurately shoot is more important than shaving a couple of seconds off of dumping your PC anyway unless you're in a maritime environment.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 4:03:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Pleaforwar:
@PatriotNC

Thank you for your reply.

I have two POV's for carriers - one being the training load, which is worn for rucks, courses, FTX's etc. Philosophy is to get as close as possible to what I'd wear OCONUS (I'm in the RC). I already have this setup, which includes a TYR PICO-MVS. My deployment scenarios range from heavily SOP-driven commands to wear what you want (within reason) commands. This is what I found to be the most reasonable option considering my wide range of possible deployment scenarios.

Photo:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/204956/Screen_Shot_2021-05-16_at_10_36_32_AM_pn-1944539.JPG

My second kit would be the home/truck kit. Priorities would be-

1) Much lighter
2) Quick to don
3) Somewhat comfortable to wear for prolonged periods/while driving
4) Focus on speed over sustainment
5) Carry 3x M4 mags, nothing else
6) Available in RG/OD/Foliage (okay, not a priority, but I want what I want )

The K12 caught my attention because it's cheaper than a JPC with a QD cummerbund, although it looks like there is some disagreement whether the K12 or other QD options are better.

Thanks again for your reply. I'm not pulling the trigger on anything anytime soon and appreciate the feedback.

@stoner01

Thank you as well. I've been considering these too.
View Quote

Whoa that's some first class equipment!!!
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 7:01:55 AM EDT
[#20]
@tuckfinn35

Thanks! Ended going up the Spiritus route for the second carrier, with a few changes. I'm happy with what I have so far.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 12:28:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Pleaforwar:
@tuckfinn35

Thanks! Ended going up the Spiritus route for the second carrier, with a few changes. I'm happy with what I have so far.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/204956/20220507_190412__1__jpg-2431268.JPG
View Quote

I see you are a man of culture. I love my lv119
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 6:07:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

Which mag holder is that on the slickster? And is the TQ just stuck in the side?
View Quote

It's from Defense Mechanisms. They are modular and scalable. In the pic it is the AR Mag Placard, Half pocket placard, double pistol mag placard, and placard wrap.

Yes, TQ is in one of the the cummerbund's elastic pouches.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#23]
3 mile run. Not sure I like the shoulder pads.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 10:18:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/IMG_20220626_101031_jpg-2431918.JPG
View Quote

Are those the oldschool ones that came with the Eagle Scalable Plate Carrier?

I have a few pairs in a box somewhere - I never cared much for them man.  They never seemed to stay in place quite right and weren't very comfortable.

Even on my SPC, I ended up tossing them and sticking a pair of Velocity pads on.  Maybe give those a shot - they come in a stretch version and a velcro version.  I have the velcro ones.  They have held up pretty good and are reasonably comfortable while being pretty slim.

SKD

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:26:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By skindroid:

I have a few pairs in a box somewhere - I never cared much for them man.  They never seemed to stay in place quite right and weren't very comfortable.

Even on my SPC, I ended up tossing them and sticking a pair of Velocity pads on.  Maybe give those a shot - they come in a stretch version and a velcro version.  I have the velcro ones.  They have held up pretty good and are reasonably comfortable while being pretty slim.

SKD

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/430189/7E0D9656-ADA4-4EF5-8014-A5BBD8005BED_jpe-2432229.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By skindroid:
Originally Posted By 03RN:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/IMG_20220626_101031_jpg-2431918.JPG

SKD

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/430189/7E0D9656-ADA4-4EF5-8014-A5BBD8005BED_jpe-2432229.JPG

Thanks

I'm not sure I dislike them or just prefer no shoulder pads.

I did a 6.5 mile run with them today. I'm getting used to them and I even jumped in a lake for a quick swim at mile 5. The last mile and a half there was no discomfort or chafing so I'll keep them for now. I might stitch some velcro to keep them from shifting idk yet.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#26]
LBT-6094 carrier, ceramic chest and side plates. OpsCore ballistic helmet. Eventually NODs and war belt.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/3/2022 1:20:55 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll spare you my ugly mug. Slickster with the defense mechanisms cummerbund which has made the carrier groups cooler. Have the radio holster for my personal ham rig. Molle tq holder opposite side.

Carriers take some time and planning to get everything tight and right. Experience is something you get right after you needed it. Definitely get a carrier with mesh, skeletal cummerbund, Qd releases, MOLLE back panel for hydration, and multi curve plates.

12 hours in the carrier in south Florida is very doable that way. I would rather wear the carrier than soft armor any time. Soft concealed armor sucks in summer.

Oh yeah. Febreeze. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 2:35:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Forlorn-Hope:

first spear slick ultra light, hesco m210 plates in it currently but trying others as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Forlorn-Hope:
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

@Forlorn-Hope details?

first spear slick ultra light, hesco m210 plates in it currently but trying others as well.

How do you determine your size?  And anyone know if 1st spear is having a sale?
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:06:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Finally getting back to training after a long hiatus! I need to retool. Lower key and less multicam.
Attachment Attached File

All that molle and all I ever attached is an esstac shingle and a TQ. Do I replace this APC with a T Rex AC1, or a Slickster? Lots of both in the past few dozen pages.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:
Finally getting back to training after a long hiatus! I need to retool. Lower key and less multicam.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/505129/7722FBBC-F256-4A70-9888-9A7C88F8FF4F_jpe-2443014.JPG
All that molle and all I ever attached is an esstac shingle and a TQ. Do I replace this APC with a T Rex AC1, or a Slickster? Lots of both in the past few dozen pages.
View Quote
if I ever sell my VS LEPC I am buying this.

https://defensemechanisms.com/mission-essential-plate-carrier/

its slim enough to run fairly slick, you can get rear panel with molle for water or gear. its got placard support which is mandatory, and it has molle/velcro at the top front so you can run patches or admin pouch/phone mount. plus their tubes elastic mag pocket cummerbund is perfect. elastic is best IMO for fit, pockets for additional storage if needed and tubes for QD. from my limited larping experience. its perfect.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:36:28 PM EDT
[#31]
That looks promising! Any experience with them? I’m a loser, I’ve never heard of anything not sold by OPT, SKD, or Esstac.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 10:39:30 PM EDT
[#32]
nope. someone linked it here a while ago. I think it was @advance ?
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 11:00:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Cool, maybe he will chime in. I wear a small sapi so my options are usually limited. The APC is a S/M, but there has always been some slop.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 2:45:43 PM EDT
[#34]
I have the defense mechanisms MEPC. I use it with medium plates but it has an internal strap to adjust plate ride hide so smalls might be ok. It’s a great carrier, especially for the price. I use a 3” molle cummerbund from Beez combat systems. I’ll try to get a picture later.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#35]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/505129/7722FBBC-F256-4A70-9888-9A7C88F8FF4F_jpe-2443014.JPG
View Quote

@gingershanks

I know this is the plate carrier thread... But what is that belt?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:46:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GingerShanks] [#36]
Originally Posted By Jibles:
I have the defense mechanisms MEPC. I use it with medium plates but it has an internal strap to adjust plate ride hide so smalls might be ok. It’s a great carrier, especially for the price. I use a 3” molle cummerbund from Beez combat systems. I’ll try to get a picture later.
View Quote

Would you say it is as low pro as say, a slickster. IE, if you wanted to conceal this under a hoodie or light jacket, could you do so if you run it slick?

This is one of the few companies that offer a small.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:50:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Nonchalance:

@gingershanks

I know this is the plate carrier thread... But what is that belt?
View Quote

That is a HSGI cobra belt with the micro grip pad. No complaints, but if I was building one today, I would Esstac all the things. I’d still keep the belt pad though.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 5:31:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#39]

Would you say it is as low pro as say, a slickster. IE, if you wanted to conceal this under a hoodie or light jacket, could you do so if you run it slick?

This is one of the few companies that offer a small.
View Quote

If you took the buckles off and used a slim cummerbund, I don't see why not. It's very similar to the Slickster with the only real differences being the small built-in admin pouch and the flap that covers the rear of the cummerbund.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 10:58:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jcast141] [#40]

If you took the buckles off and used a slim cummerbund, I don't see why not. It's very similar to the Slickster with the only real differences being the small built-in admin pouch and the flap that covers the rear of the cummerbund.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/245637/IMG_9225_JPEG-2443954.JPG
View Quote

How useful is the admin pocket? I’m thinking about picking one up to replace my Velocity LWPC.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 10:23:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By jcast141:

How useful is the admin pocket? I’m thinking about picking one up to replace my Velocity LWPC.
View Quote

Honestly, not that useful. It’s smaller than I thought it was going to be. You could fit a couple small items like pens, batteries, etc. but nothing more. I throw all my random stuff in the little dangler pouch.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 2:39:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Went with the T-rex. Same plates that were in the APC, but this feels so much more compact.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Loved my one DM so much I bought a twin in all black. Outstanding carriers.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Are most of you running Hesco or RMA plates in your carriers?  I have some Hesco L210’s and keep thinking about stepping up to either RMA 1092’s/1093’s or 3810’s.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 11:59:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#45]

Just ordered another placard from DM. The 3 Mag one I ordered was with their "Standardized" straps which were too long. The placard looked like this which drove me nuts.
Waiting on a new one with their "Optimized" straps that are shorter. Other one going on EE soon.

I was so on the fence to get the MEPC because I wanted something much more slick. Went w the TRex AC1 instead but wish I knew someone w the DM so I could try it on. Their gear is fantastic.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Can’t you just run that further down the front? It looks like you have an inch or two of space below that panel.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 2:02:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By smitty_007:
Are most of you running Hesco or RMA plates in your carriers?  I have some Hesco L210’s and keep thinking about stepping up to either RMA 1092’s/1093’s or 3810’s.
View Quote

Anything 3-curve should feel a ton better, at least to me.  I'm saving up for U210.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 3:08:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By GunnyFitz:

Just ordered another placard from DM. The 3 Mag one I ordered was with their "Standardized" straps which were too long. The placard looked like this which drove me nuts. Waiting on a new one with their "Optimized" straps that are shorter
Other one going on EE soon.

I was so on the fence to get the MEPC because I wanted something much more slick. Went w the TRex AC1 instead but wish I knew someone w the DM so I could try it on. Their gear is fantastic.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/434956/20220614_161137_jpg-2463984.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/434956/20220614_161000_jpg-2463985.JPG
View Quote

I only run spiritus’s placards. The modular placard concept doesn’t make any sense to me. I don’t want to roll pouches up in a Velcro roll.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By MustyWaffles:
I only run spiritus’s placards. The modular placard concept doesn’t make any sense to me. I don’t want to roll pouches up in a Velcro roll.
View Quote

No clue what that means, but thanks.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 4:40:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By GunnyFitz:

Just ordered another placard from DM. The 3 Mag one I ordered was with their "Standardized" straps which were too long. The placard looked like this which drove me nuts. Waiting on a new one with their "Optimized" straps that are shorter
Other one going on EE soon.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/434956/20220614_161137_jpg-2463984.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/434956/20220614_161000_jpg-2463985.JPG
View Quote

Funny thing is, most folks need the longer straps as the QASM or G-hook horizontal cuts for placards are usually about at the top of the plate bag.

I dropped a bit of coin on the DM placard setup, with both a 4x 5.56 base and a 3x .308 base, slick and molle burrito wrap, zipper pouches, pistol insert, TQ insert, radio wing, etc.  It's quality stuff, but I've totally discarded the idea of running anything thicker than one row of magazines on a placard, all that kit is stuffed in a box somewhere along with the magazine bases, because there are better magazine-only placard options.

I will be buying a DM cummerbund though, along with a Grim Hunter Tactical 'bund adaptor, so I can upgrade the cummerbund on my Agilite K-19.

Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top