BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 160
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:54:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Probably go with that. Or just get a flatpack2.0 and keep the OG on there. Who knows. It's almost 2021, gotta live dangerously.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 8:08:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By wtfboombrb:

@PFran42

What battle belt is that?
View Quote

@wtfboombrb

VTAC

https://www.vikingtactics.com/product-p/vtac-bb.htm

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/1/2020 10:30:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

@PFran42

What battle belt is that?

@wtfboombrb

VTAC

https://www.vikingtactics.com/product-p/vtac-bb.htm

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/309598/CBC9F721-64A9-47C4-9082-8DF9585E3A52_jpe-1709555.JPG

@PFran42

Thanks, that looks like a perfect upgrade from what I'm using.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:15:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By @stoner01 :

Probably go with that. Or just get a flatpack2.0 and keep the OG on there. Who knows. It's almost 2021, gotta live dangerously.
View Quote
What's the difference between the flatpack 2.0 and the original? Is the 2.0 the same as the flat pack PLUS?
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:23:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Daggertt:
What's the difference between the flatpack 2.0 and the original? Is the 2.0 the same as the flat pack PLUS?
View Quote

2.0 is the same smaller size but has the loop inside and is full clamshell.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 1:57:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

2.0 is the same smaller size but has the loop inside and is full clamshell.
View Quote
Awesome. That's what I was hoping but for some reason when I searched for it, I was always redirected on the Haley site to the original pack. I like that you can put mag pouches and other organizational stuff inside instead of just tossing everything in there.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 10:05:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I just put this new Esstac Daeodon carrier up in the EE

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 10:10:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wentz912] [#8]
Originally Posted By Nutro:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/130996/128655345_133884804947680_33422296828248-1710684.JPG
View Quote

What a jerk! Less than a week after I get my VERY nice LBX one in this pattern from @Gurthy.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 10:59:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By polishkebasa:
Just got my Multicam Velocity LEPC in from Double tap surplus, Ordered on Tuesday, so very fast shipping +1 to them. Fitted at the moment with Botach 10x12 level 4s, over all the plate bags are well sized and would probably fit everything is this size range and of course Medium Sapis. If anything I would add some foam to the bottom of my plates so they are a bit more secure. Unfortunately the cummerbund is the non divided versions so if I keep this over my ordered Esstac ASS then I might look to upgrade to a tube equipped cummerbund with some kind of elastic pockets (maybe Beez systems) although being a basement larper its not a high priority for me, but besides that the elastic cummerbund is nice and I do like it more than some other carriers I have borrowed without elastic.

I'll post a bunch of photos here since there isn't much out there on the web detailing that whole carrier but first impressions are positive and I feel its very solid option for a modular modern carrier from a very reputable manufacturer especially at the 20 percent discount

Good
-Overall very good construction
-3D mesh
-Quite low profile overall
-Alot of built in features for the size and price point such as the admin and kangaroo pouch.
-Pretty comfortable built in shoulder padding(the slip on elastic covers have some foam on the underside.
-Quite comfortable for a minimalist rig, I guess its base of the APC shows.

Meh
-Semi small width between the shoulder straps for your head, I had heard this being a compliant for some on velocity systems/mayflower gear compared to Crye and other rigs. I did not have any real problem getting off and on but I would have to take any external ear pro off before taking off the carrier.
-Perhaps slightly large plate bag with extra room side to side and top to bottom for a 10x12 plate, I wonder how a taller but narrower SAPI would fit.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/454522/20201127_122657_jpg-1704315.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/454522/20201127_122705_jpg-1704316.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/454522/20201127_122818_jpg-1704318.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/454522/20201127_122854_jpg-1704319.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/454522/20201127_123028_jpg-1704320.JPG
View Quote
I have the same setup. I swapped out the cummerbund for a QD one from esstac, not as elastic as the factory ones but much easier to don. its a very nice PC for the money as noted but I wish it had a bit more molle. half molle on the back makes adding a hydro pouch difficult, although VS will sell you a rear panel with full molle for $85 which I will probably do some day, and I wish the front top was also molle for adding a real admin pouch. this kinda sits in the middle of a full slick PC and a full overt PC and kinda isnt perfect for either IMO.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 11:46:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:
Plate carrier (and more) as it stands right now.

Crye JPC 2.0
-First Spear tubes sewn in by Down Range Gear
-cummerbund is attached by WTF straps and homemade loop keepers instead of bungees
Crye MOLLE front flap with Esstac triple KYWI panel
Juggernaut phone case and mount with Galaxy S6 running ATAK-CIV
USGI IFAK at 7 o'clock

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/276110/Layout_2020-11_resized_jpg-1707392.JPG
View Quote

@Sonoran_Tj

What is the model number for the Safariland? I am looking for that exact holster only black,  I am probably going that route with my P320. Is it ALS/SLS or just ALS?
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 11:54:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Nutro:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/130996/128655345_133884804947680_33422296828248-1710684.JPG
View Quote

Like the woodland, like the cobra buckles, why u no include front mag pouch
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 11:56:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By GSAR426:

@Sonoran_Tj

What is the model number for the Safariland? I am looking for that exact holster only black,  I am probably going that route with my P320. Is it ALS/SLS or just ALS?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GSAR426:
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:
Plate carrier (and more) as it stands right now.

Crye JPC 2.0
-First Spear tubes sewn in by Down Range Gear
-cummerbund is attached by WTF straps and homemade loop keepers instead of bungees
Crye MOLLE front flap with Esstac triple KYWI panel
Juggernaut phone case and mount with Galaxy S6 running ATAK-CIV
USGI IFAK at 7 o'clock

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/276110/Layout_2020-11_resized_jpg-1707392.JPG

@Sonoran_Tj

Its a 6390RDS-4502-761

Its for a full size P320 (M17) with light and red dot sight.  Its is ALS only, I removed the guard thing over the latch and added a nub mod.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 12:32:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:19:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Ordering a set of Level IV ceramic plates and a LBT 6094 carrier tomorrow from bulletproofme.com.  Any thought on this vendor/products so I don't make a mistake? Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:38:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Caniac_Nation:
Ordering a set of Level IV ceramic plates and a LBT 6094 carrier tomorrow from bulletproofme.com.  Any thought on this vendor/products so I don't make a mistake? Thanks!
View Quote

Level IV is often heavy, bulky and unnecessary. If you've never worn IV plates, they suck to wear.

I've never been shot at with rifles, I'm just telling you that you're better off with III+

Looking based on data, you're me. "Why wouldn't I get the absolutely best protection?" I've already made that mistake. Heavier, thicker, unlikely need for coverage.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:42:25 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

It’s been a few years, but I bought a set from them. Great people, buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:48:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Caniac_Nation] [#17]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

Level IV is often heavy, bulky and unnecessary. If you've never worn IV plates, they suck to wear.

I've never been shot at with rifles, I'm just telling you that you're better off with III+

Looking based on data, you're me. "Why wouldn't I get the absolutely best protection?" I've already made that mistake. Heavier, thicker, unlikely need for coverage.
View Quote

Looking at their site, the Level III+ are 50% more. I don’t think I can justify that even with the reduction in weight. You may remember that initially I was looking to spend much less on a carrier set. Reading up on all the info on this site, I became convinced to spend more. That site had a good deal on the LBT 6094 carrier and ceramic seemed like a better option to steel so I went that way.  $300 per plate is up there...

Also they look like poly...which has a sheld life of 5 years, right? Like I want to buy armor every 5 years...
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:50:13 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

You can wear all the level lV you want and still get merdered. How would that make you feel?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:22:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#19]

Looking at their site, the Level III+ are 50% more. I don’t think I can justify that even with the reduction in weight. You may remember that initially I was looking to spend much less on a carrier set. Reading up on all the info on this site, I became convinced to spend more. That site had a good deal on the LBT 6094 carrier and ceramic seemed like a better option to steel so I went that way.  $300 per plate is up there...

Also they look like poly...which has a sheld life of 5 years, right? Like I want to buy armor every 5 years...
View Quote

Poly will last much longer than 5 years if you aren't storing it in the trunk of you vehicle... in Arizona. Heat is the enemy of poly. Just about any armor that spends most of it's time in your home closet is going to last decades.

Here is a (level IV 6 lb. $110) budget option that weighs a lot less:

https://botach.com/battle-steel-level-iv-10x12-ballistic-plates/
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:47:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#20]
@Caniac_Nation

$130
4.2 lbs
Single curve
Shooter's cut
"Rated" for M855
10 year warranty
Poly

https://botach.com/battle-steel-level-iii-ballistic-plates-m855-ap-protection-10x12-shooters-cut/

$60
LBX carrier
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LBX-Tactical-Modular-Plate-Carrier-LBX-0300-LBT-Inland-Taipan-M-L/383813892586?hash=item595d1739ea:g:su0AAOSws0JaaOBH

$320 for a for a good carrier with 2 poly plates.

The professional door kickers might roll their eyes a little bit but the above setup would put you miles above the avg. Joe six-pack who ventures out onto the internet in order to purchase SHTF protection.

The setup I just linked you to is $1700 cheaper than what I am running while only only giving up a couple plate carrier features, multi vs. single curve and .5 lbs.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

MrGunsNGear is a member here:

Battle Steel Level III+ Armor Plates: Can Budget Lightweight Armor Stop M855?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 9:09:28 AM EDT
[#21]

You can wear all the level lV you want and still get merdered. How would that make you feel?
View All Quotes

Heavy
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#22]

Heavy
View All Quotes

Heavy

Or broke.

Also, I will never consider single curve plates again. The Hesco multi curve is fantastic.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 9:33:39 AM EDT
[#23]

Poly will last much longer than 5 years if you aren't storing it in the trunk of you vehicle... in Arizona. Heat is the enemy of poly. Just about any armor that spends most of it's time in your home closet is going to last decades.

View Quote

Thank you. You have made me reconsider. I was shying away from poly based on the shelf life but they have 10 years on this and it appears to be NIJ tested which is important to me. I would be keeping this carrier in a shaded garage or gun safe and using it to train and that would be in the NC heat.

As far as botach, I've seen negative reviews on their customer service here that concerns me a bit.

As far as the carrier, the LBT 6094 looks like a nicer carrier than the eBay one and $250 seemed like a really good deal on that. I want to get a decent one with side plate pockets.

choices, choices...

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:03:25 AM EDT
[#24]

Thank you. You have made me reconsider. I was shying away from poly based on the shelf life but they have 10 years on this and it appears to be NIJ tested which is important to me. I would be keeping this carrier in a shaded garage or gun safe and using it to train and that would be in the NC heat.

As far as botach, I've seen negative reviews on their customer service here that concerns me a bit.

As far as the carrier, the LBT 6094 looks like a nicer carrier than the eBay one and $250 seemed like a really good deal on that. I want to get a decent one with side plate pockets.

choices, choices...

View All Quotes

choices, choices...

The LBT has more features than the LBX, which is part of where the price difference occurs.

I went with LBX primarily due to cost, with being available in woodland right up there. Also, the LBX inadvertently suited my needs/wants better. Which was nice.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#25]

Or broke.

Also, I will never consider single curve plates again. The Hesco multi curve is fantastic.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Has anyone tried out the Grey Ghost gear SMC? Got one at a great deal for Black Friday. But I don’t see much info on it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:17:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Doodles:

+1
View Quote

+2
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:38:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Elroy_Lobo:
Has anyone tried out the Grey Ghost gear SMC? Got one at a great deal for Black Friday. But I don’t see much info on it.
View Quote

Yep

I've got three of them. One for my wife and two sons.

Very comfy. I like them a lot.

My sons have 4401 Hesco 10X12 SC plates. My wife's has GGG 10X12 L3+ plates

The shooters cut plates fit perfectly. The SAPI cut plates work but there's a little room at the very top.

Wife's rig...

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#29]

Yep

The shooters cut plates fit perfectly. The SAPI cut plates work but there's a little room at the very top.

Wife's rig...
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/485060/IMG_1588_JPG-1713046.jpg

View Quote

Wow nice glad to hear! I couldn’t pass it up at $170 shipped
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:56:21 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

For $170, that is a steal!

I can't vouch for durability but they are nice. Lots of padding in the right spots.

Two pontoon pads on the inside chest for heat channel and impacts.

There is another shoulder QD in one of the side pockets if you want one for each shoulder.

I found it by accident.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 6:08:15 PM EDT
[#31]

For $170, that is a steal!

I can't vouch for durability but they are nice. Lots of padding in the right spots.

Two pontoon pads on the inside chest for heat channel and impacts.

There is another shoulder QD in one of the side pockets if you want one for each shoulder.

I found it by accident.
View Quote

Awesome I look forward to adding the extra shoulder QD!
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:09:22 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Yep

Wife's rig...
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/485060/IMG_1588_JPG-1713046.jpg

I really wanted to snag one to try out but they were out of stock on the few other items I’ve been wanting from them so I passed. That and I didn’t want to have to pick up another set of plates. Seems like it’s a great carrier especially at that BF price.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 9:40:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WTR_Warlord] [#33]
Originally Posted By ki_soarer:

I really wanted to snag one to try out but they were out of stock on the few other items I’ve been wanting from them so I passed. That and I didn’t want to have to pick up another set of plates. Seems like it’s a great carrier especially at that BF price.
View Quote

No doubt I’ve been impressed by all their products I have ordered in the past. Now just need to order some esstac mag pouches
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:21:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Trying to pick my first PC and looking at the Shellback Tactical RAMPAGE 2.0 . Is it a good setup, Pro's/Con's?
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 2:56:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By HEATH223:
Trying to pick my first PC and looking at the Shellback Tactical RAMPAGE 2.0 . Is it a good setup, Pro's/Con's?
View Quote

Their Stars and Stripes one is better on all accounts IMO.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 10:04:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Well that sure sticks out like a sore dick

Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:11:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Zakk_Wylde_470:

https://i.imgur.com/55v4wNu.jpg
View Quote

Ummm, I'm not tracking?

Nice rig.

What plates?
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:21:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Ummm, I'm not tracking?

Nice rig.

What plates?
View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/55v4wNu.jpg

Ummm, I'm not tracking?

Nice rig.

What plates?

Thanks

Nah I just thought the flag patch has a ton of that light brown color in the pattern and it really stands out against everything else that's more of the greens and darker browns.  Plates are the LAPG level III.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:18:06 AM EDT
[#39]

Thanks

Nah I just thought the flag patch has a ton of that light brown color in the pattern and it really stands out against everything else that's more of the greens and darker browns.  Plates are the LAPG level III.
View Quote

Ah gotcha.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#40]

Ah gotcha.
View Quote

Y'all are gonna crack up when you see how a 10x12 plate fits me. My Daeodon is in the mail, the wife's Daeodon ASS is coming next week.

I already have her L210's, but my 4401's are in the mail. I held the L210 up and there is not way this would cover my lungs. I dont think a large SAPI would do much better haha.

I will post pics when I get it all. I will give my body measurements (chest, should width, etc) because there is not a lot of info for Y shaped guys that are over 6 ft, 200+ lbs.

Not a brag at all. Just figure yall will be able to see what a 10x12 looks like on a bigger frame.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 11:31:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By USAFtacFANAC:

Y'all are gonna crack up when you see how a 10x12 plate fits me. My Daeodon is in the mail, the wife's Daeodon ASS is coming next week.

I already have her L210's, but my 4401's are in the mail. I held the L210 up and there is not way this would cover my lungs. I dont think a large SAPI would do much better haha.

I will post pics when I get it all. I will give my body measurements (chest, should width, etc) because there is not a lot of info for Y shaped guys that are over 6 ft, 200+ lbs.

Not a brag at all. Just figure yall will be able to see what a 10x12 looks like on a bigger frame.
View Quote

You'll  be fine. Just think of it as better dexterity
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:30:28 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Great people, very knowledgeable. I placed my order back in September. I went with their level 3+ plates and the 6094, very happy with everything.

One thing to keep in mind, they are swamped, expect some delays in communication. The stuff you get will be good and they know their business, when they suggest something I suggest paying attention.

I was interested in level 4 plates, I think the 3+ plates were a better choice for me.  That was their suggestion, I think they were spot on.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By USAFtacFANAC:

View Quote

I took a photo of me with a 10x12 plate.

Link Posted: 12/5/2020 3:00:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

You'll  be fine. Just think of it as better dexterity
View Quote

Honestly that is what I wanted. I looked at getting large sapi or something bigger but I will have a lot of freedom to move. My stock will stay in my should better to I dont have to relearn basic drills hopefully.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Happy with this SPC, just wish they'd ship the cummerbund at the same time. Using the waist strap as a bund in the meantime

Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#46]
anyone have pics of, or review of a Beez Aptum in M81?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Mikehikes:
anyone have pics of, or review of a Beez Aptum in M81?

Thanks in advance
View Quote

M81, no. Coyote, yes. It's the wife's PC.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:43:52 PM EDT
[#48]
know what page the pics are on?
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#49]
2.5 second search on Google.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:50:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Wow. Thanks for being so helpful. I thought this was a technical forum.

I’ve seen the generic photos. Looking for first hand setups.
Page / 160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top