Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2020 4:46:56 PM EDT
I've been trying to find a plate carrier that I like.  I want a carrier that I can attach a D3CRM-type rig, has a quick release cummerbund and is available in grey (and in stock).  I haven't been able to find anything like that until I was looking through Google images this morning.  I figured most were airsoft carriers but the Sentinel made by Combat Systems looks to be legit.  Unfortunately, they are in the Czech Replublic (CZ).  They have an European storefront but I don't know if it's okay to order a plate carrier from Europe.

Good idea or am I going to get loved tenderly?  Are there any other brands that fit my criteria?
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:36:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 7:30:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't see why not.

Do they even ship to the USA?
View Quote

Yeah, they say they do.  Shipped via DHL and they take PayPal.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 7:54:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I just ordered a cummerbund and a dangler pouch from Zentauron (Germany), last week. The shipping was atrocious (50 Euros) via DHL, but the DHL website also states that it may be shipped via ocean (actual fucking boat) due to china virus, which could take around 2 to 3 weeks to get to the US

Currently, my package has been sitting in Frankfurt, since Saturday with no sign of movement. I could have gotten shipped overnight anywhere in the US for that amount of money. And they have the balls to call us inefficient and lazy.....
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 10:13:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I bit the bullet and ordered it 10 days ago.  Didn't hear anything so I emailed them yesterday.  They said they are getting it ready to ship so we'll see if I actually get something and if it is actually usable.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#5]
You won't be disappointed.
I've owned quite a few budget carriers that were also budget in quality. Time will tell how this holds up, but build quality appears to be above it's price range. Took about 10 days to get mine.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Combat-Systems-Sentinel-Plate-Carrier/10-516964/
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Just because it's gear or tactical apparel made in Europe/Israel doesn't mean it'll be inferior to stuff made here. Look at Lowa, Salomon, Warrior Assault Systems, Helikon, Agilite...be judicious for sure, but there are a lot of people over there just as invested in making good stuff as we are.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I ordered my Polish 'Templar's Gear' Crusader ROC, from an authorized dealer in Hong Kong. Dude gave me a Disabled Veteran's discount (with proof sent), and shipped it FedEx for free. There are deals to be had for sure. Templar's Gear stuff is used by some foreign .mil/LE. Check out Recon Brothers on YouTube - Belgian Airsoft guys (gun laws) who only use (and sell) real deal gear. I saw the PC on there, but they were a lot more expensive than the Hong Kong guy.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 11:28:30 AM EDT
[#8]
My concern was more about actually getting what I paid for and not having an recourse if I never received the item.  That, and it being Airsoft gear and not knowing it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top