Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2021 11:10:02 AM EDT
Jumped into some armor this past year, learning as I go.  

started out going cheap with botach but then learned more and bought hesco after I signed up for some classes and did more research.  

I have the 3810 and u210 now and want to set them up with proper corresponding plate carriers

since the u210 are thin I was thinking of setting those up in a lower profile PC, right now I have my eye on the Slickster, finding one might be a challenge but that one stands out to me.  

I would keep it low profile add one of the turnover triple 556 to it if I needed to carry mags but keep it as simple as possible

then with my 3810's I am looking for something that is more overt and as comfortable, i would leave mag set ups in this one, I like the idea of the esstac kywi mag pouches but open to suggestions

Right now they are sitting in an LBX Armatus II PC

thanks
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:31:57 AM EDT
[#1]
You can't go wrong with Ferro Concepts, their Slickster is excellent for those intending to run less stuff on their carrier and in need of a lower viz setup.

However, Ferro has been on the struggle bus all year trying to keep stock.  You might want to check out the Spiritus Systems LV-119 and the T Rex Arms AC-1.

For an overt set-up I run a Ferro Concepts FCPC V5, again they are hard to find in stock.  However, it strikes the balance of not being bulky while providing really good load bearing capacity (within reason). If you need to go more than three magazines on the carrier and are packing on a metric load of stuff (dual radios, utility pouches, smokes, etc.) then you might want to consider going to something like the Crye AVS, which has a harness system designed to really deal with the heavier loadouts.  I like the FCPC V5 a lot, because of the shoulder straps (one of the most important parts of a carrier).  The strap socks (sold separately unfortunately) have the right amount of padding for a medium weight loadout.  The shoulder straps also have real nice articulation and sit at the right angle for my body providing a real nice amount of real estate for my shoulder pocket to use my rifle.  The FCPC 3" skeletal cummerbund is also really nice, I like a firmer cummerbund because it keeps the plates in place so that your front plate doesn't ride up high and your back plate doesn't pull down low.  Being able to lock in the plates with a good supported cummerbund as opposed to an all nylon or elastic cummerbund without a skeletal structure to it. The down side to the velcro attached cummerbunds is that they don't have the wider range of adjustability that the nylon bungee cord style attachment ones have, which can be an issue as you bulk up with winter clothing (I own two of Ferro's 3" skeletal cummerbunds one for winter coat set-up and the other for the rest of the year).
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:54:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Update:

well i didn't do enough looking around... i was just able to order a slickster base and also an elasitc cummerbund, colors dont match and it was bit more at $183.50 for both, but i have a slickster coming my way for the u210's !!!!!!!!!!

Appreciate the info ill check out the fcpc v5, i do like the ideal of sticking with one brand for all of this

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Given that handguns are still the most likely threat in the US I recommend the Velocity Systems Low Profile Armor Carrier. It’s essentially a heavy duty carrier for concealable soft armor, plus plate pockets. I would use the U210s. You can add a placard for overt stuff or use the mag pockets in the cummerbund.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#4]
An under-clothing setup for your U210's is a good decision.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I"m a big fan of the Esstac pouches and Ferro also makes some similar pouches. Another option is the Haley Strategic MP2 inserts and pouches that are compatible with them. I really do like being able to reindex magazines and having that positive lockup that the kydex style inserts provide is really nice.  I've dealt with elastic ones and frankly they are always a pain to reindex the magazines with even if they have "hold open".  Unfortunately, I've been trying to find a Ferro Concepts KTAR or Kangaroo since  September of 2020 and I watch religious for one and so far they haven't done any runs of them.  I'm really hoping Ferro does one of those soon or releases their upcoming new placard system.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top