Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2020 7:37:01 PM EDT
Does anyone know, of a muzzle device that uses griffins plan a taper that uses 14x1 lh? I know griffin has the short flash hider in 14x1, but my barrel is 14.5 so I would have to paperwork the gun to use that one. I want to start transitioning over to plan a, and that gun is really the only one stopping me. I'm currently planning on buying a recce 7 solely for that AK, but if I can't mount it then I'll have to go another route. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 8:07:53 PM EDT
[#1]
@green0
No other 14mm options?
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 8:34:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Not that I can find in regard to griffin's taper mount. I'm set on griffin because I can get discounts on their cans with my veteran status. I REALLY want a recce 7 for this gun, but I may have to go with something else if I can't mount it. With the prevalence of AKs, you'd think companies would make more 14x1 products.

My bad, that wasn't for me. I missed that tag for green0
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 8:45:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Could you use a thread adapter and then a muzzle device of your choice in 5/8x24?  Just tack weld the adapter to the muzzle device.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:23:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Could you use a thread adapter and then a muzzle device of your choice in 5/8x24?  Just tack weld the adapter to the muzzle device.
View Quote
I considered that, but I'm not sure about tolerance stacking like that.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 10:09:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 10:10:59 PM EDT
[#6]
In your opinion, is it 'safe' to stack an adapter and a brake? My barrel was cut and threaded by M13, so concentricity shouldn't be an issue as far as the barrel is concerned. Do you think the adapter and one of the shorter devices would be long enough to bring a 14.5 barrel to 16" in length?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top