Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2021 12:50:11 PM EDT
Want to put some sort of scope or sight on my Crosman 2300S.

Plan is to shoot 10 yards for target (not hard core competition) and maybe up to 20 +/- for backyard vermin.
Considered a reflex or tube style red dot sight with no larger than 2 MOA.
Would also consider something else based on suggestions.
Budget? Maybe up to $200 if you twist my arm, $100 would be nice...

Just a conversation starter to give me some ideas.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 1:20:19 PM EDT
[#1]
At 10 yards if you need an optic you don’t really need an optic you need more time on the range. Decent red dots Sig Romeo, Holosun, Aimpoint, Trijicon will likely be way out of your price range. Buy some golf T’s let those be the target for your iron sights.
Good luck finding a base for this.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 1:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I really like the holosun stuff which is a little more pricier.
Running a 507C on a VP9

In the 200 bucks category the Vortex Venom was pretty OK but not sure if they have a 2 MOA version
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 1:45:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Just bought/received my 1st air pistol in over 50 years.

That said, do they require a scope rated for such? I'm aware an air rifle does, but not sure about a pistol?

ETA: Going to follow thread, as I'd purchased 2, Crossman Red Dot, and Gamo Laser, both under $20 (I know), and got exactly what I paid for.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is what I'm hitting with irons and a peep site affixed to my safety glasses.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/15/2021 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm using a micro Sightmark holograph 4-reticle dove-tail sight on a Diana Chaser 22 pistol/rifle combo.

It's a Co2 system with 3/8(11mm) built in rail system.

Very solid, well built sight for the cost.  Uses the easy to find CR2032 battery.

With having 4 reticles to choose from, the actual 1 dot that is availavle is probably 1MOA, and then on 3 of the other reticles you have circles or crosses to direct your eye to the center dot.

7 power brightnesses. I have noticed on really bright days and shooting under the Sun I have found there is washout of the reticle, even on highest setting, but just changing the shooting angle brings reticle back as is typical of this type of sight.

If your pistol uses the small cutouts on the receiver for a pinch type scope ring, this type of sight won't work unless you find a rail to attach.

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Appreciate the input. I'll dial in my iron sights a bit more and keep using the peep sight attached to my safety glasses. Unless I spend some coin I don't think I'll find a red dot that would be more accurate than my irons. I may get a cheap one to try on my Beeman R17 to see how they work.

I don't want to put magnification (scope) on the Crosman pistol because I do not intend to use only in a rest. I've read unsteady hands using magnification on a scoped pistol can lead to some frustration.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top