Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked Pics, pics and pics please! (Page 66 of 75)
Page / 75
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Idpapaperoperator:

@bigmatt17073

Is that a henry lever action? If so, where did you get those sights?
View Quote
@Idpapaperoperator Yes, it is a Henry model H001. Both sights came from Midway USA. My Henry was shooting very low @50 yards with the stock sights and the stock rear raised all the way up. So I got the HIVIZ for 22Mag front sight because it is a little taller than the one for the 22lr Henry. The rear sight is a Williams FP-GR. The front Hi Viz sight is all steel compared to the stock plastic band on some of the Henry's. It also has a 3/8 dovetail so I can add a Lyman globe front in the future.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 6:54:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Just got my HK MP5 in .22LR back from the gunsmith!

9” barrel with an AAC Element2 suppressor

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 3:00:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ponykilr] [#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 4:42:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Savage FV-SR with my first camo attempt. I'm redoing it with proper stencils and a different color scheme, but this is the rifle I monkey around with when I want to try stuff out. I also sprayed the action with Alumahyde II and pillar bedded it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 12:23:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pirate63] [#5]
Some of the toys....

Link Posted: 1/23/2018 9:26:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 9:48:01 PM EDT
[#7]

The McMillan M40-A22 stocks showed up today.  Our 455s are looking pretty sweet now.
My rifle is on top in the Campfire Camo.  My 7yo son chose that gray based Rhino Camo on the bottom.
CHRIS
Link Posted: 1/24/2018 5:41:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 9:17:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Techna:
http://i.imgur.com/8Ny39zu.jpg
View Quote
@Techna

How's that stock working out with your chassis?

CHRIS
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 10:21:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Cixelsyd:
@Techna

How's that stock working out with your chassis?

CHRIS
View Quote
I like it just fine. Had to lengthen the pull a bit with Magpul’s enhanced buttpad to make it feel just a touch less cramped, but it was usable without. I may put it on my mill and see if I can shave a little weight kind of like some of the lightweight AR builder guys do to their MOE stocks. Not that it’s heavy, but after knocking a full pound off the gun with the carbon fiber tensioned barrel, I’d like to see how much more weight I can get rid of by trimming here and there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Came up with a QD sling mount at work for the Nordic Components tube that I mounted to that PMACA chassis.  Laser cut it out of 1/8" steel and made a recess on the backside for those pop-out bearings.  Simple!
I should be replacing the factory threaded barrel/Gemtech Outback II combo with a MIST in a couple of weeks.
CHRIS
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 1:15:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spud] [#12]
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 3:11:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

How my 10/22 currently sits.... It will be completely different by this coming weekend.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote
Please tell me about this rig.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Tap4AU:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tap4AU:
Sure. It started out as simply as buying an MDT LSS-22 chassis for my Savage TRR-SR and kinda got complicated from there. When I put the barreled action in the chassis I became just how long the TRR’s barrel really looked... especially with the suppressor on it. I decided that I didn’t really want to cut the barrel down to 16” because the flutes extended past the point I’d be cutting it to, so I bought a barrel blank to make a new barrel out of. A buddy half jokingly asked if I was going to do a carbon fiber tensioned barrel, and I half jokingly said yes. The half joke turned into full intentions, so I started thinking about how to do it. Once I figured out how I wanted to implement the tensioned barrel (thanks in part to a full time gunsmith buddy of mine), the whole project started to seem a little ambitious for such a rookie lathe operator as myself. Ultimately, I came to the conclusion that just buying a new FV-SR, knocking the barrel out of the receiver, and modifying it rather than making a new whole barrel would be best. This way, I not only wouldn’t have to worry about cutting the chamber, cutting the extractor reliefs, or machining for the receiver pins, but I also wouldn’t have to deal with threading the muzzle. I found a good deal, bought the new rifle, turned down and modded its barrel to accept the tensioning collars and support that I made, and put the whole thing together with a 1” carbon fiber tube as the tensioning shroud. I’m quite happy with how it came together and it shaved a full pound off the gun. Though I haven’t had a chance to shoot it for groups at 100 yards, the results I got at 50 seem to indicate that it’s at least as accurate as the TRR is.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 10:11:52 AM EDT
[#16]
thanks.!
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#17]
New 25moa base and glass on my RAR. Best 25yd group yet.

Link Posted: 2/11/2018 1:28:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Have not shot this yet. All Kidd except the receiver.

Link Posted: 2/14/2018 3:46:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HK_DUDE] [#19]
Changed the little one up a little. Not finished with the big one.

Things to add to the big one:

1. Medium size scope thinking the new $200 Leupold
3-9 x 40 rimfire model.

2. Probably a 1 piece offset mount. Maybe the Tac Sol mount.

3. I think I will be adding the carbon fiber handguard that PMACA has for $100. That handguard will stick past my barrel by about an inch.

Yes, it's over 26"

My modified DD pistol grips are very comfortable, have to decide if I want to trim the trigger guard back more or leave them as is....they look a little goofy now, but they are growing on me.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 10:45:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 11:26:54 PM EDT
[#21]
What stock is that? I like it!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 4:02:10 PM EDT
[#22]
In case anyone is interested.  I added the CF handguard and a budget scope to my "long" build.

Done now,  unless the scope sucks;)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:56:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 6:53:12 PM EDT
[#24]
RAR in a Boyd's At-One

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 9:27:45 PM EDT
[#25]
My first Charger/pistol build.  This thing is damn cool!  PMACA multi chassis, 6" threaded Kidd barrel, SB Tactical brace on a pistol tube, and a side folder.

I hate to say it, but I actually like the rubber brace and side folder better than the normal stock/buffer tube on my other PMACA build.  And I thought I was done with that rifle. lol.
CHRIS
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 8:53:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 10:00:04 PM EDT
[#28]
What kind of chassis is on your Charger?  Looks great!  Wish I could find a Precision Rimfire for sale here in PA.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 10:12:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ToeTag:

What kind of chassis is on your Charger?  Looks great!  Wish I could find a Precision Rimfire for sale here in PA.
View Quote
ATI AR-22  Came in the box with this setup and the standard Charger wood separate.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#30]
How about some 90s junk?

Remington Viper in all of it's un-glory. Added a rail, afg, bedlined the stock, kydex mag carrier, and a cheap red dot (it doesn't even have a brand name) I bought all of the spare parts I could find on eBay 5 years ago, except mags. I wasn't ready to pay $40 plus on used mags (still not) Once I get used to the 87 pound trigger, its not too bad.

Link Posted: 4/19/2018 11:31:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jeremywills] [#31]

My 10/22 I rebuilt up with KIDD parts and a Dead Air Mask out front.  Not much Ruger left honestly.  Sorry don't have a pic of it by itself.

My .22 dedicated upper.

https://i.imgur.com/XoaYiyN.mp4 Click the link for video, sorry no sound.

Never give your 13 year old niece your .22 upper, a binary equipped lower and tell her to let loose lol. I still think my wallets recovering from that particular range trip.   The best part of that day was when she turned to her dad and demanded one of those for herself but with pink furniture.  He just rolled his eyes, looks right and me and says "Thanks".
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 9:05:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Attachment Attached File

Dedicated 22 build
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 6:02:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ponykilr] [#33]
Kidd receiver and 20moa rail
Kidd 16.5" threaded barrel.
Kidd threaded pins, take down screw and Vblock
Kidd trigger in factory housing (2lb)
Kidd bolt, charging handle and spring
Boyds ProVarmint with steel bedding block and pillar.
PA 4-16FFP mil/mil

Link Posted: 4/29/2018 9:19:24 AM EDT
[#34]
My son shooting down at the creek.  Rifle is his CZ455, McMillan stock, Primary Arms dot, and Gemtech Outback II. It's a pretty handy rifle with that American barrel on there.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Rocking the Franklin binary with the Dead Air Mask today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdK9smaN0vk
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 7:47:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By jeremywills:
Rocking the Franklin binary with the Dead Air Mask today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdK9smaN0vk
View Quote
Good shit!
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 4:54:36 PM EDT
[#37]
T3 Summit Receiver with Optimal Twist barrel (11.25:1), Kidd trigger, and AAC suppressor.

" />
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 4:05:44 PM EDT
[#38]

I got a good deal on a Leupold Mark 4 16X and threw it on my CZ455.
CHRIS
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 1:52:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 4:58:18 AM EDT
[#40]
New one I just built.

Non-TD Charger
-Copper Custom adapter
-SB mini brace
-TritonMFG pistol tube
-Magpul K grip
-PA micro dot
-Spray painted stock FDE

Link Posted: 5/27/2018 8:36:51 AM EDT
[#41]

PWS Summit
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 5:41:34 PM EDT
[#42]

Eventually I'll get an aluminum trigger housing and more knick knacks.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 10:53:30 PM EDT
[#43]

replaced the Mueller tgt scope with an Athlon Midas and added a camo paint job ..
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 6/11/2018 9:59:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Very cool.  Specs please.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 9:48:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By ToeTag:

Very cool.  Specs please.
View Quote
Sure, here:

PMACA Chassis

Stock parts: Charger receiver, V-block, cross pins, bolt, charging handle and spring, weaver rail

Ruger BX trigger

Volquartsen buffer tube and extractor

BCM Pistol Grip Mod 3(heavily dremeled to fit)

Generic castle nut

ProMag Magazine 25rd

Ordered stock take down screw because I didn’t know the PMACA came with one. Plus it comes with a grip screw as well, just FYI.

Beyer 4.5” barrel(with black cap, you have to be very specific if you want a black cap instead of the silver, had to mail back for a swap). Also, you have to make very sure that when installing the extractor is in the dead-middle of the slot on the barrel. I ordered an upgraded extractor trying to help with failed extractions, but it was the alignment. Unlike a Kidd barrel the slot on the Beyer’s barrel is only thinnest in the middle. As you approach the edge it thickens and depending on the ammo type you may not get good extractions unless it’s right on center.

Gap filler. Hard to find, but got it from a company, not sure I can promote, but he’s out of Osage Beach MO. Was super cool to call me about another item that was misrouted in the mail. Will buy from him again for sure. I had to dremel this a ton as well to get it to fit.

Midwest Industries 3 Slot Key Mod Hand Stop. For obvious reasons…

SBA-3 brace. This took way too long to get in, but it was worth it!

Sig Red dot. Had a Vortex Crossfire CF-RD1 red dot originally but the light kept going in and out so returned that. I did like it more esthetically though but the Sig is working out just fine.

Not pictured but I only shoot this with my AAC Element 2 suppressor. With the barrel length I can save money too because there is no need to use subsonic ammo.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 7:12:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Remington 572

Link Posted: 7/30/2018 10:10:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Cixelsyd:
https://i.imgur.com/DeC9dQw.jpg
I got a good deal on a Leupold Mark 4 16X and threw it on my CZ455.
CHRIS
View Quote
Chris, that is an awesome .22, if you dont mind me asking, what is the barrel diameter? Did you start out with a 455 Varmint or the 455 Varmint tacticool ?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 9:29:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Had a lot of donated parts to build this for my son’s 12th birthday.

It’s got a Brownells BRN-22 receiver with 16” barrel as the base.

Link Posted: 8/8/2018 9:06:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bishop2355] [#50]
Cixelsyd  What side folder are you using?
Page / 75
Tacked Pics, pics and pics please! (Page 66 of 75)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top