Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2022 12:29:03 PM EDT
At the gunshow yesterday, I picked up a modified P13/M1917 bayonet.  It was converted to a fighting knife with a shortened blade, modified cross guard and pommel.  The scabbard was also shortened.  It seems like it could have been done "in theater", but obviously it could have been modified at any time in the last 105 years.  I'll post pics later, but it seems like a neat find for just $25.

Have you guys seen any other WWI "bayonet to knife" modifications?

EDIT:  Pics added at Reply #3

Rob
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:36:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to have one. Neat blade. The French converted a lot of 1917 bayonets into fighting knives. Most were advertised as having been issued to the Foreign Legion, and, in a rare instance of truth in advertising, most were, particularly during the Algerian War.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#2]
No pics?
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Here are the pics!  I rebuilt my computer this week and had to re-install my photo software.  Sorry for making you guys wait!

Here is a comparison with an unmodified M1917 bayonet:

Rob
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 6:05:49 PM EDT
[#4]
That is something you don't see every day.

Very interesting & a GREAT find!

Congratulations!

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:52:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I would have bought that!
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:11:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Neat modification. Doesn't seem to be one of the French ones, as they left the handle intact.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top