Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2022 5:22:33 PM EDT
Does anyone have this setup? I’m looking to get my barrel cut and just have the factory brake pinned on. Not looking to suppress, want to keep the same tame recoil it has now, but have a smaller overall length for high speed LARPing or more likely, bench shooting and lightweight deer gun.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#1]
My $0.02: either keep it stock or p&w a suppressor host (maybe a Surefire brake, SilencerCo brake, or KAC MAMS).
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 9:53:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My $0.02: either keep it stock or p&w a suppressor host (maybe a Surefire brake, SilencerCo brake, or KAC MAMS).
View Quote

Noted, thanks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 10:05:22 PM EDT
[#3]
If you aren't going to suppress it, seems a bit silly to go through all that trouble and ruin the stock barrel for 1.5".  If you are going to suppress it, go all the way down to 13" or just buy the FN 13" barrel assembly and do it right so your OAL isn't that much longer even with the suppressor mounted.  Of course, you could do 14 or 14.5" p&w to avoid the NFA dance, but still only makes sense if you are going to suppress it.  Without a suppressor, the 16" barrel is just fine.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 10:55:50 AM EDT
[#4]
+1 on what has been suggested. I regularly switch back and forth between a 14.5” and 16” AR and don’t notice much if any difference un-suppressed
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 4:34:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Here’s my OEM 13” with factory flash hider.
Best I can do.
Looks cool but in hindsight it was a waste of money.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top