Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2022 12:53:54 PM EDT
Would love to see how much the tower hangs out of the ruger magwell before buying.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:47:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you.

Look better than any of the other glock drum mags.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:43:34 AM EDT
[#3]
My PC Charger wouldn't run on my Magpul PCC drums.  They are hard or nearly impossible to seat when loaded, and the bolt appears to be dragging on the feed lips.

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:40:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Well that doesn't sound good. They do look nice.

Do you think a little lip shaving would solve the problem? Sounds like the typical experience with AKs and poly mags.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:20:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Somewhere there was a review of the Ruger PC's and the author had a feed problem with the Glock magwell.
They replaced it with another magwell from the factory or another PC and it ran like a champ. Not saying
this is for sure your problem but something to look at. I would look at modding the feed lips also.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:12:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well that doesn't sound good. They do look nice.

Do you think a little lip shaving would solve the problem? Sounds like the typical experience with AKs and poly mags.
View Quote

I have 3 of the drums, but I have only tried 1 so far.  After seeing the previous picture of another Ruger with the drum clearly sitting lower I am starting to wonder if the magazine catch notch in the tower is out of spec.  These 3 were from their very first run, ordered within minutes of being released, so I suppose it is possible that a bad test sample got sent out?   I will test the other two drums tomorrow to see if they do the same thing.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:13:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Somewhere there was a review of the Ruger PC's and the author had a feed problem with the Glock magwell.
They replaced it with another magwell from the factory or another PC and it ran like a champ. Not saying
this is for sure your problem but something to look at. I would look at modding the feed lips also.
View Quote

Another issue that I had with the drum I tried is that it wouldn't lock into a mag well on a closed bolt in any of the 5 Glock mag PCC's I own.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top