Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2021 10:18:53 AM EDT
Curious if anyone has drilled and bolted a small picatinny for a light on a standard Mossberg pump forend? Thinking like how old school guys did it to AR handguards. I have a 20ga shockwave, I had it broken down yesterday to add a heat shield and side saddle but didn't take that frond off. Is there even enough room inside? I'm thinking 10-11 o'clock, forward and shim the tapered part with a rubber bushing cut to fit. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Literally just did this the other night, took it out today to see how well she held up. I'll get a pic up later, so far it works though. I changed back from using the 'Adaptive Tactical' forend, just didn't like it all that much...

I still wanted the ability to mount a light on my standard forend (didn't like the style/look of the Mossberg forend with pic-rails all over it)...

So I used my standard Mossberg forend, with a GG&G cantilever rail light mount (aluminum) on the left (1030-1100 o'clock). I ended up using some chicago-style screws instead of the M-LOK screws it came with, but I did have to dremel/sand out some of the material on the one nut that would have prevented the castle-nut for seating properly. Also used a rubber-washer (spacer) on the forward most screw to help the mount stay more straight.

Only put 25 rounds of birdshot, then 15 rounds of 00 buck. But everything is rock-solid so far.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Doesn't "bite" the hand in any way, easy press of the thumb when you want/need it.

Can see how far forward I have it, really can't get any more forward than this. -and no the sling-mount doesn't hinder the light.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I just went with the streamlight TL Racker on mine:

Link Posted: 4/19/2021 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I think GG&G used to have a rail modified Mossberg forend.

Yep...discontinued but still in stock at SWFA...

https://www.swfa.com/gg-g-mossberg-500-forearm-flashlight-mount.html
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Literally just did this the other night, took it out today to see how well she held up. I'll get a pic up later, so far it works though. I changed back from using the 'Adaptive Tactical' forend, just didn't like it all that much...

I still wanted the ability to mount a light on my standard forend (didn't like the style/look of the Mossberg forend with pic-rails all over it)...

So I used my standard Mossberg forend, with a GG&G cantilever rail light mount (aluminum) on the left (1030-1100 o'clock). I ended up using some chicago-style screws instead of the M-LOK screws it came with, but I did have to dremel/sand out some of the material on the one nut that would have prevented the castle-nut for seating properly. Also used a rubber-washer (spacer) on the forward most screw to help the mount stay more straight.

Only put 25 rounds of birdshot, then 15 rounds of 00 buck. But everything is rock-solid so far.
View Quote

Hell yeah! This is right on point, nice job! I don't think I could get away with cantilever mount as it would put the light out passed the muzzle on my shockwave. Why did you opt for the Chicagos over m-loks, too short?  Did you just have them kicking around? Id like to get a feel for hardware length.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 10:06:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, I'm liking it thus far. Looks good, feels good, functions good. :)

Also, I went with those screws because I had a bunch laying around, found the right length (wanted something a lil-shorter) and went with them. The m-lok screws/nuts would have worked as well, but just found them a touch longer than what I needed.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 6:25:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Do you know of those Rackers fit on a 590 with the heatshield?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top