Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2020 10:07:27 AM EDT
Got some questions if anyone owns one:
Where’d you purchase it?
Is there any visible signature from the IR?
How’s it holding up? Used the “warranty” or anything?

Considering getting one, or getting a perst 4 and using a separate IR Illuminator. My reason for doing that would be I’d rather only have $400 in it if it breaks and mother Russia won’t give me a warranty.

Update:
What other options are out there for powerful strictly IR illuminators? Preferably laser to minimize visible signature?

I could buy a perst 4 for $400

Given that a perst 3 is $1100, that means I’m paying $700 for that illuminator. Now the system would be separate which is a down side, but could be much more cost effective.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 10:26:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Where’d you purchase it?

Considering getting one, or getting a perst 4 and using a separate IR Illuminator. My reason for doing that would be I’d rather only have $400 in it if it breaks and mother Russia won’t give me a warranty.
View Quote
1. Ivan Tactical
2. Not that I’ve noticed. I don’t recommend looking for one either, you’ll blind yourself.
3. I’ve had 3 units, two PERST 3s and a PERST 4 and all were good to go. I don’t beat the shit out of my stuff, but they’ve held up to a lot of heat being right next to my suppressor. I think I’ve seen one person who needed to use warranty and they got it back relatively quick
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1. Ivan Tactical
2. Not that I’ve noticed. I don’t recommend looking for one either, you’ll blind yourself.
3. I’ve had 3 units, two PERST 3s and a PERST 4 and all were good to go. I don’t beat the shit out of my stuff, but they’ve held up to a lot of heat being right next to my suppressor. I think I’ve seen one person who needed to use warranty and they got it back relatively quick
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where’d you purchase it?

1. Ivan Tactical
Thanks. I wasn’t planning on looking for it lol. Just wondering if anyone had found themselves down range, or noticed animals, etc reacting to it
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Agreed with above comments

I have a Perst 2 which had a firmware issue but Ivan replaced it no questions asked without receiving the defective one first. Turn around time was about 2 weeks but I did have to pay return shipping. On an $1800 unit I wasn't worried about an extra $30

The replacement Perst 2 has held up to getting bumped around in a UTV and stalking on foot for a few months on a pretty regular basis. Not abused but it's a field gun and gets muddy and wet a lot

My Perst 4 has no issues and is maintaining zero after hundreds of rounds on my KR-9 PCC
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 11:16:01 AM EDT
[#4]
PERST-3, bought from Zenitco Ebay, ~$1300 for a Green Std all in, took exactly 14 days. But I would say go with Ivan Tactical because his service seems outstanding from the few reports in the main PERST thread, from guys who had to do exchanges - the Ebay store is an unknown as far as service goes. Mine has one minor defect where the Blue indicator lights don't illuminate when using any IR setting - everything else is perfect. I don't care about the indicator lights.

If you test it indoors in a small room without the Diffuser, you'll probably see a whole bunch of stuff you can't see with FDA approved units due to the power (blooming, halo/rings, etc...) - tons of IR energy coming out of it. Take it outside and it is perfect. It's a LASER based illuminator, so any signature is what it is - I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND TRYING TO SEE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE.

There is a video on TFB Side-TV of a PERST-3 compared to a MAWL C1+ and a full power DBAL - based on what I saw in that video, I thought the PERST beat them both. Being about HALF the price of the MAWL, didn't hurt either, even if the MAWL is technically better on the spec sheet...saving $1200 isn't anything to sneeze at.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 11:18:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Agreed with above comments

I have a Perst 2 which had a firmware issue but Ivan replaced it no questions asked without receiving the defective one first. Turn around time was about 2 weeks but I did have to pay return shipping. On an $1800 unit I wasn't worried about an extra $30

The replacement Perst 2 has held up to getting bumped around in a UTV and stalking on foot for a few months on a pretty regular basis. Not abused but it's a field gun and gets muddy and wet a lot

My Perst 4 has no issues and is maintaining zero after hundreds of rounds on my KR-9 PCC
View Quote
Thanks! How long have you had your units?
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 11:23:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the advice. I’m not going to look at it, maybe set up a camera and shine the IR at it. Still slightly concerned about dropping that much money on one from Russia. But I guess realistically US made ones only have a 1 year warranty
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 11:24:32 AM EDT
[#7]
My .02.

I DO beat the crap out of my gear. Not on purpose just via the type of training I do.

I’ve fallen on my perst 3’s, wracked then hard on roll bars/trees/ext. Been in pouring rain ext.

Never had a problem.

They are built like a brick shit house.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 11:26:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Awesome. Thanks for sharing your experience with them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 11:32:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Perst 2 since early July and Perst 4 since early September. I'd say each has had 500+ rounds through it
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Perst 2 since early July and Perst 4 since early September. I'd say each has had 500+ rounds through it
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is the size comparison between the 4 and an I2?
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 1:50:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What is the size comparison between the 4 and an I2?
View Quote
http://looserounds.com/2019/06/18/russian-perst-4-green-ir-laser-vs-the-dbal-i2/
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 3:21:05 PM EDT
[#12]
What other options are out there for powerful strictly IR illuminators? Preferably laser to minimize visible signature?

I could buy a perst 4 for $400

Given that a perst 3 is $1100, that means I’m paying $700 for that illuminator. Now the system would be separate which is a down side, but could be much more cost effective.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Perst 4 and Perst 2

Perst 2 and Perst 4 next to DBAL A4 and MAWL

MAWL, A4, Perst 2, A3

Perst 2 on AK105
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top