BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 79
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:03:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Honda4828:
question For those who may have Experience with both iterations of the Perst 4.  Is the green visible laser model worth the $60-70 over the red visible model? 

It looks like the ir lasers on both models are 20mw while the red vis is 5mw & green vis is 18mw. The only thing I would use the vis for would be to slave the laser to my eotech. Thanks!
View Quote

Not sure about the red, but the green is really bright. I've been able to make it out through a 4x acog at 150y in daylight when I zerod it a few days ago. It was pretty clearly visible on its lowest setting.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:46:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Just joining the wait-party from the Sad White North

Ordered a Perst-4 from eBay on March 20th

Mar. 234:15 pmInternational item mailed in originating country - 109443, Russian Fed.
Mar. 255:06 pmInternational item processed in originating country - Rumowv, Russian Fed.
Mar. 3110 amInternational item has left originating country and is en route to Canada  - Rumowv, Russian Fed.

Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Just be aware these tracking updates are sometimes next to useless these days, as the shipment frequently out-paces the notification.

This is like the old days, when you ordered shit and waited for weeks.  The only "notification" you got was it showing up in your mail box.    

Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:42:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve spent the last week or so trying to decide whether or not to try one of the 3s out as a backup for my MAWL... Well I snagged that last one Ivan had and it shipped out today. Let the wait begin. Can’t wait to play with it!
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 6:27:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Ha I'll race ya.  Got a switch from him yesterday and notification today.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Chuckc45:
I’ve spent the last week or so trying to decide whether or not to try one of the 3s out as a backup for my MAWL... Well I snagged that last one Ivan had and it shipped out today. Let the wait begin. Can’t wait to play with it!
View Quote

Just a note. Ivan’s website always lists 1 or 2 for sale, and then magically another pops up the next or same day. I think he does that to try and boost sales.

There are plenty, there always were. That last one you got came from a shelf with 50 more.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 8:08:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Chuckc45:
I’ve spent the last week or so trying to decide whether or not to try one of the 3s out as a backup for my MAWL... Well I snagged that last one Ivan had and it shipped out today. Let the wait begin. Can’t wait to play with it!
View Quote

Can't wait for what you think, between the two. Come on USPS!
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#8]
That's pretty funny about Ivan.  He's probably so close to Zenitco, he can pop over there and get more whenever he wants.  Comrades I need more stock.  Here is Vodka for your troubles.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 9:42:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Good sales technique! I was just glad I didn’t have to wait for so long the vodka swap would take!
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 10:36:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Or Comrades you buy Vodka for 1400.00 US.  I throw in Perst-3.  You gift Vodka to customs inspectors, they expedite your "flashlight".  Customs drinks Vodkas.  Forgets to update tracking data-base.  "Flashlight" shows up at your doorsteps.  Tracking says it is still in Motherland.  We play off mistake as clever maskirovka.  Everybody wins.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Is everybody's unit holding zero? What seems to be the issue with these that would require a return to the motherland? My main reservation about ordering one is QC and the fact that shipping it back is potentially an ITAR violation.

For the guys who bought through Black Phase - if you run into issues, does he handle the return or are you on your own?

Given some of the videos of Russkies penchant for shooting at one another in live fire (e.g., shooting balloons off of each others' heads with these things), I'm wondering how they reconcile QC with risk mitigation.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 1:27:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Ive had the perst 3 out quite a few times and the unit seems to be pretty solid overall.  Zero seems to hold, and the illuminator is still amazing everytime i use it.  However, a few nights ago we went out, decent moonlight so no illum.  Switched it to IR laser only and played with that all night.  When I took out the rifle the day after to do some cleaning, i noticed the mode selector switch had fallen off the night before.  I contacted IVAN and in typical fashion he replied to my email within 15 minutes.  (This is the second time i have emailed customer service and they are always EXTREMELY fast to respond).  According to Ivan he is contacting Zenitco, and should be able to send out a replacement.  Will touch back once i get the final decision.   Has anyone else every had an issue with these popping off?  It make make sense to take them off, and dab a bit of adhesive on the back of the button to avoid this in the future.  Keep in mind I wasn't jumping out of any planes....  It appears it either rattled off under recoil (suppressed 5.56) or i bumped it.  Either way its not a huge deal, just wanted to give a heads up.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 1:58:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I have not. Doesn't a set screw hold the knob on? Don't have mine in front of me right now.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 2:15:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ARShooter91:
I have not. Doesn't a set screw hold the knob on? Don't have mine in front of me right now.
View Quote

Not sure, lol mine is laying in a cornfield...
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 2:40:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Update on the shipping — got mine today! USPS tracking was still behind the ball, but the Russian tracking site told me it would come today. I usually have to sign for this kind of stuff, but didn't have to today, maybe because of the current situation.

Compared to my D2, this Green+ laser is incredibly bright, even in broad daylight I can see it from well over 100m without having to "trace it" down the yard. The dot isn't as "crisp" or as "circular" as the DBAL, but it is a nicer green color, and the "bleeding" isn't noticeable when I use it outside. It was nowhere near zero, about 35 clicks off each way. Can't wait to get it outside tonight and try out the IR setting.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By sheepdog697:

Not sure, lol mine is laying in a cornfield... 
View Quote

Look back on page 34, Diz has a pic of it. It does have a set screw holding in on.

I'll check mine and probably add some loctite.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 3:46:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ARShooter91:

Look back on page 34, Diz has a pic of it. It does have a set screw holding in on. 

I'll check mine and probably add some loctite.
View Quote

Right on.  Ill have to loctite and tighten the new one when it gets here.  I never touched the set screw to be honest.  I mounted it on the rifle, zeroed it, and thats all she wrote.  Oh well, not a big deal.  As of now Ivan responded back again saying the new selector will ship out this week.  Once again they appear to have better customer service than a lot of the US companies i have dealt with (which is sad to say!).
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Diz:
I ordered from Black Phase Tactical on April 9, got it April 26.  I liked working with an American dealer, simply because he is here, and he gives an all-up price.  Nothing against the other guys, but they are not quoting you the total cost, including taxes and shipping- until you order.  BPT is dealing with the customs and shipping and then shipping to you.  I think that's value-add- YMMV.

The Perst-3 is amazing.  Compared to the ATPIAL I was rocking, well, there is no comparison.  Testing it out in the back yard, the IR laser is very close to a civvy laser, on lowest setting.  At say 25 to 100m it looks very similar to my old ATPIAL, or even my old OTAL.  So you can dial in down to roughly the same intensity.  That being said, this thing is truly a light saber like all these guys have been saying.  I would recommend getting some laser safe safety glasses for use with it.  Yeah. 

The IR illum is something else.  As cool as the laser is, this is what really sets this unit apart.  PID at 100m with a -14, no worries mate.  But now I'm gonna have to get a clip on to see what this baby can really do.  Damn Rooshins!

Some bits and bobs.  It sits down nice and low on the rail, just out of view with an EOTech EXPS3-0.  I have a SF M640 on there with it, which can be adjusted to fit, but also tried a legacy Scout with an Arisaka Offset Scout mount and it tucks under the right side perfectly, just like the ATPIAL.  For the Scout tape switch, the Cloud Defense LCS M-Lok nestles under the Perst, on the left side at "10:30".  This is with a Midwest Industries Combat rail.  So my thinking is, at least with the MI rail, if your stuff fits with an ATPIAL, it will probably fit with the Perst.

It comes with a Panasonic 123 batt installed (again be careful; treat it like a loaded gun; don't look down the "muzzle").  To get a SF 123 in there, I had to remove the extra battery pad on top cover.  The batt from factory is slightly smaller and needs extra padding I suppose,  But at least they know a SF batt won't fit and made the extra pad removable.  Just a piece of rubber with adhesive, no issues.  And nice touch.  Got the enlarged thumbscrews too, which work just fine.     

To zero it, I just picked out a long distance "infinity" object, and moved laser to red (er green) dot.  Nice screw adjustment here.  And yes I removed cap wire, which is just this side of a RCS, before it broke.   

After reading all the stories here I was concerned about adjusting the illum to the laser.  But with the new longer wrench, it was pretty easy.  It feels klunky at first, so take it easy and don't force the screws; just apply (increasing) pressure until it moves, if that makes sense.

On a 9.5" rail you ain't got much room, so I left the switch off for now.  But damn that thing is a beauty.  I am using the back button, which works just fine.  I actually like it better than either the ATPIAL on-board button, or the SF dual switch I was using it with.  Or the OTAL with TAPS switch I was also using before that.  It has good physical movement, which lets you know you're doing something (unlike some others that are just pressure activated, with no physical feed-back).  I gotta say, I like the one push for constant on, and then one push off.  Bottom line it's a shame to leave the switch off, but it works just fine without it.

Overall, initial impressions are very good.  It is very functional, but not very, uh esthetically pleasing.  In other words, very Russian.  In the same spirit as the rifle it was made for.  Would I buy another?  Absolutely.    

If I was HMFIC of Zenitco.  The first thing I'd do is put a button right behind the illum, in the little 45 deg cut out there.  It's a natural spot for thumb activation, nyet?  The next two are basically tied, but first I'd put normal adjustment screws on the illum.  Sorry Comrade but that adjustment system is classic Russian Kludge.  Then put a std batt cap up front between illum and lasers.  That, gentlemen would make this little unit govno-hot!  Also minor nit but would like to see slightly more robust screw mount (up at least one size).

Pics to follow.
View Quote

Nice setup, makes me want to rattle can mine.  The idea of putting the switch on that 45 is like you said a "sweet" spot.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 4:24:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah well I'm like that.  I usually void any warranty within 24 hours on most of my kit.  Seeing the issues with shipping this back to the Rodina, I just said fuggit, and coated it like everything else I own.

I am now torn as to whether I will continue to run a switch or go with on-board buttons.  Been doing ready-ups dang near every night with it, trying to get some reps in on laser activation, and it's become a toss-up which one I like better.  I have moved front BUIS back even further to facilitate using rear button in modified "C" grip.  Also (back)ordered Hot Button from TNVC for white light.  I think it will still fit in at "10:30", as LAM has cut-out underneath for rail grabber that leaves a lot of space open.  Also have a KV-9P button/dial combo from Ivan on the way.  I like the idea of having all round buttons; just have to see how this all shakes out.  Work in progress!

On the selector switch.  Yeah me thinks that you have to make sure you have the set screw on the flat.  I would almost bet yours wasn't.  This is a good catch.  It might be prudent PMCS to dis-assemble and add blue Loctite, ensuring set screw is "normal" (90 deg) to flat.  

On the zero, have not live-fired yet, but done a shit-load of ready ups, and carrying the damn thing around.  I'd call it normal handling.  I re-check zero every night and haven't seen any shift.  The range is just now re-opening so will go and get some live fire ASAP.  Keeping in mind that all my mil-spec buds have said that lasers are notorious for not staying zeroed.  So if our mil-spec stuff is that way, I don't know if it's a reasonable expectation for Zenitco stuff to be any different.  I think that is why there is a visible laser; you can verify zero as part of your pre-combat checks, regardless of light levels.  

Another "concern"  I have is the attachment screw.  I just want to go up a size, just cuz.  So I may try and find a suitable replacement screw, of slightly larger dia, and ream/tap new threads in rail grabber.

On Russian tactical philosophy and/or QC.  Oh man this is another whole thread, but suffice it to say, they see things differently from us.  As you pointed out, their definition of safe live fire training is, uh, substantially different from ours. And their definition of QC is very different, especially concerning cosmetic issues.  Just staying with QC for this thread, the Russian philosophy is basically all things are expendable.  Weapons and equipment of war are made in mass quantities and are expected to be used up as required.  Their stuff is oftentimes crude but very functional.  As opposed to western philosophy, where craftsmanship ruled.  Almost as if none of this stuff was ever going to be destroyed.

On the civvy market, guys expect a certain level of QC and customer service, if required.  With Zenitco, I think you have a unique situation, in that Russian design philosophy is still in play, but also current standards of customer service are being catered to, as they seek to enter these western markets.  It will be interesting to see what they do with the feedback they get as they respond to market requests from our side.  Keeping in mind this is a company making support gear for the AK weapons systems, and testing the waters over here.  It is a risk for both sides.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Anybody order from Ivan or any zenitco dealer using Russian post around mid March? I'm still waiting almost 1.5 months later since it left Russian customs.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#21]
See my timeline above. Cleared Russian customs March 20, no movement since.

Edit: meant to quote sandman990
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 6:32:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By mustangduckk:

See my timeline above. Cleared Russian customs March 20, no movement since. 

Edit: meant to quote sandman990
View Quote

Well at least we're in the same boat. In April I ordered some other items from Ivan via express and they were here in 14 days.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 11:19:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Too close or send it?
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:03:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By SgtSandman990:
Anybody order from Ivan or any zenitco dealer using Russian post around mid March? I'm still waiting almost 1.5 months later since it left Russian customs.
View Quote

Yeah, i ordered via Ivan Tactical on March 25, i got it in the mail like two days ago.
I paid for standard 15-30 day shipping. It immediately left Ivan and got stuck in Russian post, eventually it shipped to the US (on my birthday ) and sat around for a bit in US Customs.
Eventually, tracking said it was back in Russia, but the guys at Ivan Tactical assured me this was a widespread update glitch everybody was getting. About a week later, i got it in my mailbox. I think May 5. Overall, about 6 weeks total. You should have it by now...
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 10:35:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Hakim_Thumb:

Eventually, tracking said it was back in Russia, but the guys at Ivan Tactical assured me this was a widespread update glitch everybody was getting. About a week later, i got it in my mailbox. 
View Quote

That's funny, I remember another guy (or was that you?) that said tracking showed it being sent back - glad that was a mistake!
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 2:23:04 PM EDT
[#26]

Yeah, i ordered via Ivan Tactical on March 25, i got it in the mail like two days ago. 
I paid for standard 15-30 day shipping. It immediately left Ivan and got stuck in Russian post, eventually it shipped to the US (on my birthday ) and sat around for a bit in US Customs.
 Eventually, tracking said it was back in Russia, but the guys at Ivan Tactical assured me this was a widespread update glitch everybody was getting. About a week later, i got it in my mailbox. I think May 5. Overall, about 6 weeks total. You should have it by now...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Anybody order from Ivan or any zenitco dealer using Russian post around mid March? I'm still waiting almost 1.5 months later since it left Russian customs.

Yeah, i ordered via Ivan Tactical on March 25, i got it in the mail like two days ago. 
I paid for standard 15-30 day shipping. It immediately left Ivan and got stuck in Russian post, eventually it shipped to the US (on my birthday ) and sat around for a bit in US Customs.
 Eventually, tracking said it was back in Russia, but the guys at Ivan Tactical assured me this was a widespread update glitch everybody was getting. About a week later, i got it in my mailbox. I think May 5. Overall, about 6 weeks total. You should have it by now...

Yeah, I'm getting a tiny bit impatient. It was released from Russian customs last update, then nothing for about a month now. That was 3/23. Another order from Grey Shop, no update since 4/11.

Express shipping from Ivan was reasonably fast for international shipping during a pandemic though. Just about 14 days.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By mickdonaldson:

That's funny, I remember another guy (or was that you?) that said tracking showed it being sent back - glad that was a mistake!
View Quote

That was me and another guy.

ALSO did you guys know you can increase or decrease the brightness of the LED Indicator light on the back???
Hold down the "on" button (like the momentary function) and simultaneously press the +/- buttons. It works for both Green (red indicator) and IR (blue indicator) modes.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 7:24:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Well I was going to complain about not hearing anything with my perst 4 since being released by customs mid April. But I think I'll just stay quiet considering the guy who bought his in March still hasn't gotten his.

However if I dont see an update soon I'm going to start growing impatient.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 7:33:35 PM EDT
[#29]

That was me and another guy. 

ALSO did you guys know you can increase or decrease the brightness of the LED Indicator light on the back???
Hold down the "on" button (like the momentary function) and simultaneously press the +/- buttons. It works for both Green (red indicator) and IR (blue indicator) modes.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mickdonaldson:

That's funny, I remember another guy (or was that you?) that said tracking showed it being sent back - glad that was a mistake!

ALSO did you guys know you can increase or decrease the brightness of the LED Indicator light on the back???
Hold down the "on" button (like the momentary function) and simultaneously press the +/- buttons. It works for both Green (red indicator) and IR (blue indicator) modes.

I did not. Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:21:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Can somebody measure the length of a PERST 3 for me?
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 6:52:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Number0neGun:
Can somebody measure the length of a PERST 3 for me?
View Quote

Length from the front of the illuminator to the back of the unit is approximately 4.7" (with diffuser cap on.)

From front of pointer window to back of unit is approx 3.4"

There's a switch input plug the would give you a bit of a protrusion, the way I have mine mounted I can't measure that for you.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:04:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Anybody order from Ivan or any zenitco dealer using Russian post around mid March? I'm still waiting almost 1.5 months later since it left Russian customs.
View Quote
@SgtSandman990 have you used 17track.net to track your package?  It pulls tracking information from the Russian post.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By K1rodeoboater:
@SgtSandman990 have you used 17track.net to track your package?  It pulls tracking information from the Russian post.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By K1rodeoboater:
@SgtSandman990 have you used 17track.net to track your package?  It pulls tracking information from the Russian post.

I'm using both 17track and Russian Post, released from customs and then went dark for over a month now.

I know Ivan has submitted claims to Russian Post and all, he's been a great seller, and world events are causing delays... I just want my stuff, ha.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 2:55:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm using both 17track and Russian Post, released from customs and then went dark for over a month now.

I know Ivan has submitted claims to Russian Post and all, he's been a great seller, and world events are causing delays... I just want my stuff, ha.
View Quote
Mine went dark for about or just slightly over a month.  Then it popped up randomly.  Had another package from Bulgaria never make it through customs or it never arrived in the US.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#35]
International shipping is just fucked right now.  I've had a Perst stuck in a Russian warehouse waiting for a plane ride for 2 months now.  I had two other orders from Russia ordered later than the Perst and they show up randomly.  I also had another unrelated order from Japan that also took around a month after clearing customs to get on a plane.  I think the Perst will eventually make it, after breaking the world record for slowest intl shipment .
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 5:45:59 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Nice find.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm in the same boat. Ordered some stuff from Ivan mid-April, with no movement after clearing customs in Russia.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 9:25:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Update: I ordered some different shit from Ivan using express shipping just last week as a test. It's already cleared customs like the other 2 slow items AND updated beyond that to show as exported. I'm sure it'll have left country already or will do so shortly. EMS option is the way to go for reasonable delivery times right now.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 12:46:29 PM EDT
[#39]
I Orderedaa Perst 4+ from Russian Thunder on April 21st. Here is my tracking info looks like it left Russia on 4-28 not expecting it until June? Also ordered NEWEST Zenitco flashlight KLESH KLESCH 2 dual IR&visible KV-5PU socket modernize and NEWEST KV-4/2U remote button pressure switch ZenitCo ??-4/2? from ebay on 4-11 and its saying June 11th we will see.

Russian Federation, MR LC Vnukovo Cex-2 MMPO 102972, Export of international mail

2020-04-22 11:32
Russian Federation, MR LC Vnukovo Cex-2 MMPO 102972, Customs clearance, Released by custom house

2020-04-22 11:31
Russian Federation, MR LC Vnukovo Cex-2 MMPO 102972, Handed over to customs

2020-04-22 11:30
Russian Federation, MR LC Vnukovo Cex-2 MMPO 102972, Processing, Arrival at transit office of exchange

2020-04-22 10:52
Russian Federation, MR LC Vnukovo 102975, Processing, Arrival at inward office of exchange

2020-04-22 07:15
Russian Federation, Moskva MSP-3 Cex-4 MPKO-Vostok 111974, Processing, Departure from inward office of exchange

2020-04-22 04:15
Russian Federation, Moskva MSP-3 Cex-4 MPKO-Vostok 111974, Processing, Arrival at inward office of exchange

2020-04-22 01:09
Russian Federation, Moskva 20 111020, Processing, Departed from origin facility

2020-04-21 16:47
Russian Federation, Moskva 20 111020, Acceptance, Single
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 5:33:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By robbtr6:
I Orderedaa Perst 4+ from Russian Thunder on April 21st. Here is my tracking info looks like it left Russia on 4-28 not expecting it until June? Also ordered NEWEST Zenitco flashlight KLESH KLESCH 2 dual IR&visible KV-5PU socket modernize and NEWEST KV-4/2U remote button pressure switch ZenitCo ??-4/2? from ebay on 4-11 and its saying June 11th we will see.

Russian Federation, MR LC Vnukovo Cex-2 MMPO 102972, Export of international mail

2020-04-22 11:32
Russian Federation, MR LC Vnukovo Cex-2 MMPO 102972, Customs clearance, Released by custom house

2020-04-22 11:31
Russian Federation, MR LC Vnukovo Cex-2 MMPO 102972, Handed over to customs

2020-04-22 11:30
Russian Federation, MR LC Vnukovo Cex-2 MMPO 102972, Processing, Arrival at transit office of exchange

2020-04-22 10:52
Russian Federation, MR LC Vnukovo 102975, Processing, Arrival at inward office of exchange

2020-04-22 07:15
Russian Federation, Moskva MSP-3 Cex-4 MPKO-Vostok 111974, Processing, Departure from inward office of exchange

2020-04-22 04:15
Russian Federation, Moskva MSP-3 Cex-4 MPKO-Vostok 111974, Processing, Arrival at inward office of exchange

2020-04-22 01:09
Russian Federation, Moskva 20 111020, Processing, Departed from origin facility

2020-04-21 16:47
Russian Federation, Moskva 20 111020, Acceptance, Single
View Quote

robbtr6, looks like standard shipping, correct? If so yours got out of the country in 7 days from ordering, while mine hasn't in 2 months from today. Kinda shitty. Will have to see about Ivan and Grey Shop sending out replacements via EMS, or a charge back as a last resort, if nothing gets resolved at the 3 month mark. I think 1/4 a year is long enough to expect product. Nothing against the 2 shops I ordered from, but I'm not a charity donating $700.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 5:36:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Anyone order one from BPT?  Curious what type of shipping he uses when he orders a batch. I ordered a perst 4+ from him on 5/2. Since then I’ve seen two pop on the EE
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#42]
I had real good luck with BPT.  First -3 came in about 4 weeks (1st week of April to 1st week of May).  Second one is at 4 weeks now (3d week of April to now).  Don't know what shipping he uses but it's as good as anybody else's.

OK looked at ad in EE.  Depends on what you're looking for and if you just can't stand the wait.  If you're not going to use the viz laser for much more than checking IR laser zero, then the red laser is your baby.  If however, you would like to explore using viz laser, the green plus+ is a friggin' light saber.  I like the fact that I can practice the same reps across the light spectrum, be able to use a pro mask, and/or alternate shooting positions.  If you just ordered you have at least a 4 week wait.  If you get the one in EE, it can be to you in days.  

As I guy who ordered two of them I'd say fuck it, and get 'em both.  That way you're covered, either way.  I want to get a spare -14, but this deal is the priority.  So the money went to the lasers.

Teaser pic.

Duracoat "Magpul FDE".

Edit to note: that one on the EE is gone.  Man they go quick.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:27:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Edit to note: that one on the EE is gone.  Man they go quick.
View Quote

Ya they do

I helped a friend out. Hes local and doesnt have an arfcom account. If he had took the time to make one he would have missed out.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:00:10 PM EDT
[#44]
I had real good luck with BPT.  First -3 came in about 4 weeks (1st week of April to 1st week of May).  Second one is at 4 weeks now (3d week of April to now).  Don't know what shipping he uses but it's as good as anybody else's.

OK looked at ad in EE.  Depends on what you're looking for and if you just can't stand the wait.  If you're not going to use the viz laser for much more than checking IR laser zero, then the red laser is your baby.  If however, you would like to explore using viz laser, the green plus+ is a friggin' light saber.  I like the fact that I can practice the same reps across the light spectrum, be able to use a pro mask, and/or alternate shooting positions.  If you just ordered you have at least a 4 week wait.  If you get the one in EE, it can be to you in days.  

As I guy who ordered two of them I'd say fuck it, and get 'em both.  That way you're covered, either way.  I want to get a spare -14, but this deal is the priority.  So the money went to the lasers. 

Teaser pic.

https://i.imgur.com/jR8jAkw.jpg

Duracoat "Magpul FDE".

Edit to note: that one on the EE is gone.  Man they go quick.
View Quote

That they do.

I decided to just wait on the one from BPT.  But I will say I do need to buy another at some point. Thanks for your input on the cheaper red laser version. That may be what I go with on a second unit as all I will ever use the vis laser for is for slaving to an optic zero. Surely I’d be able to see the red on a white target at 150yds through a scope. The IR lasers look like they are the exact same per the specs.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 2:32:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By LVMIKE:

Ya they do 

I helped a friend out. Hes local and doesnt have an arfcom account. If he had took the time to make one he would have missed out.
View Quote

Na, takes your time takes your time.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 3:04:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Well, lemme say this about that.  The red laser is fine, don't get me wrong, but the green plus+ is in another class.  

Funny that's what I said, almost pulled the trigger on red, but then I said what the hell, and got the green one.  I was just fucking around last night and switched up viz laser for shits n giggles.  It threw out 100m on low.  You could easily check a 100m zero at dusk before going out.  Guy's that use US-made LAMs for a living tell me lasers are notorious for not holding zero.  So having a good viz laser is a plus.  We will have to see how Perst lasers hold up in this regard.  But me thinks a lot is going to depend on your particular set up, and how rigid, stable your rail is.

Just added a Magpul VFG to my 10.5 SBR.  I can now activate both laser and WL with thumb on buttons, without any tape switches.  I'm really digging this as space is at a premium here.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 3:14:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Well, lemme say this about that.  The red laser is fine, don't get me wrong, but the green plus+ is in another class.  

Funny that's what I said, almost pulled the trigger on red, but then I said what the hell, and got the green one.  I was just fucking around last night and switched up viz laser for shits n giggles.  It threw out 100m on low.  You could easily check a 100m zero at dusk before going out.  Guy's that use US-made LAMs for a living tell me lasers are notorious for not holding zero.  So having a good viz laser is a plus.  We will have to see how Perst lasers hold up in this regard.  But me thinks a lot is going to depend on your particular set up, and how rigid, stable your rail is.

Just added a Magpul VFG to my 10.5 SBR.  I can now activate both laser and WL with thumb on buttons, without any tape switches.  I'm really digging this as space is at a premium here.
View Quote

I had a perst+ before and foolishly sold it. I to did not use the tape switch as it just ate up too much rail space on the carbine RAS.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Well, lemme say this about that.  The red laser is fine, don't get me wrong, but the green plus+ is in another class.  

Guy's that use US-made LAMs for a living tell me lasers are notorious for not holding zero.  So having a good viz laser is a plus. 
View Quote

+1
I don't use mine for a living but I've found I've had to re zero my D2 several times in the past. I check my laser's zero (vis green co-witnessed with the red dot) every chance I get light permitting (near dusk, etc.) and have had to re zero it plenty of times. This is hands down the best reason to get something with a slaved green laser and why co-witness is the best zero IMO.    
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 3:36:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Rails flex. Especially light weight rails. I did some testing on a few and found some of them were really good at flexing around 10moa and coming back to the same POI perfectly. I could totally see a rail being the culprit and not the laser. Especially if the rail has a loose fit on the nut or retaining system.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 3:46:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By LVMIKE:
Rails flex. Especially light weight rails. I did some testing on a few and found some of them were really good at flexing around 10moa and coming back to the same POI perfectly. I could totally see a rail being the culprit and not the laser. Especially if the rail has a loose fit on the nut or retaining system.
View Quote

I've tried a couple of different rails but had the same issues. I might try something like a Geissele next.

Mine only shifts to the left. I've twisted the snot out of the rail by hand, etc. without changing it's position. The laser's mount is good to go.

It's something people should definitely check regardless.  
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top