BCM
User Panel

Page / 79
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 6:42:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am about to buy one, but have some newbie questions:

How do you keep from blinding yourself and team mates while using a full power IR laser.

What doe the .mil do?

For training how can you be sure that the russian switch that puts it in an eye safe power mode is really doing that?

what is the Minimum safe distance for eye damage with a 20mw IR laser?
View Quote
Yep. As the other guys said, be safe, treat it like a weapon. But also see if you can pick up some of those Oakley IR laser safety lenses
Oakley Laser Toric Lens Review
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 7:08:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

For eye safety, I was able to find green Laser Toric lenses for my Oakley M Frame Alphas off ebay which I now wear whenever I do any night shooting.
View Quote
Those won't protect you from IR lasers, will they? Just green wavelengths?
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 7:12:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wanted to give an update as I've had my PERST 3 for nearly a year now.

I had to send it back to Moscow a few months back as the illuminator stopped working, VIS and IR lasers still functional. One of my friends has an 07 SOT so we did a night machine gun shoot out in the desert and I put my upper on one of his FA lowers. Don't know if that caused just the illuminator to stop working but its the only thing I can think of. Since I bought my 3 from Zenitco on ebay I talked to Dimitry, he was slow to respond to my messages but he took care of me. Got the "Russian Flashlight" back within a month so good CS. Didn't even have to rezero it when I reinstalled it so it seems like the mount does RTZ.

I've been doing alot more night shooting lately and my 3 is still serving me well. My only complaints now is the illuminator flood level is fixed, lowering the power just dims it instead of adjusting spill. It doesn't want to stay centered with my laser, annoying but I can live it as I use the laser more than the illuminator anyway.

Added a PERST 4 green + to my collection from Ivan Tactical when they were right about $400 this past Black Friday. Got out of Russia and cleared customs just as fast as my 3 did about a year ago. Haven't mounted it to anything yet as I am debating if I want to mount it to my BCM midlenght that I rarely even shoot anymore or spend the money on a Zenitco railed handguard for my SAM7SF so I have an AK I can use at night as well.

Last night I brought my still in the aluminum can PERST 4 and my Holosun LS321G for comparison and to see if the 4 also has the same circular streak artifacts around the laser like the 3 does. Yes the 4 does it as well, but both will disappear when I turn on the IR light on my now helmet mounted Fenix TK-25IR, or have Illum+Laser on. Not a big deal when it doesn't obstruct my view but worth mentioning. The Holosun is a reliable and capable unit but of course being civilian power pales in comparison to the PERST units. It will be on the EE soon as I'd like to buy another PERST 4, or hopefully they come out with a PERST 5 that improves on the 3.

For eye safety, I was able to find green Laser Toric lenses for my Oakley M Frame Alphas off ebay which I now wear whenever I do any night shooting.
View Quote
Can you get a picture of the circular streaks? Mine doesnt do that.

Did they modify your illuminator to no longer be focused?
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 7:13:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Those won't protect you from IR lasers, will they? Just green wavelengths?
View Quote
Other way around. Did the same test as the guy in the video when I got them and the lens will block IR.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Can you get a picture of the circular streaks? Mine doesnt do that.

Did they modify your illuminator to no longer be focused?
View Quote
I'll try to take some pics later tonight if I have time.

Yeah I think they 'locked' the illuminator when they fixed it. Not a big deal as it works and if the PERST does go down again at all I'll tell Dimitry about that as well.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 7:56:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 2:14:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Took these in my spare bedroom, dot is much sharper in person but will give an idea of what Im talking about. NOD is TNVC PVS-14 Gen III. I was wearing my Laser Toric lenses for this test.

IR laser with the circular artifacts around the dot

Helmet mounted Fenix TK-25IR IR illum on, notice the artifacts is washed away, black shadow on bottom left is a leather office chair

Visible green + laser, PERST 3 is mounted right behind MBUS Pro front sight which is what the shadow is

Anyone else has this on their PERST as well? Again not a big deal to me as it doesn't impede my view of what Im aiming at, but it is something worth mentioning
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 2:33:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Just received my Perst-4+ from ebay seller Zenitco. Im going to assume that it is defective but i should probably ask. the green visible is only a "dot" at a foot away from a surface. at 10-15 yards it turns into a fist sized orb. at about 20-25 yards it only gets bigger and hazier turning into about a head sized orb. changed the batteries and checked all physical characteristics to make sure nothing is broken or the lens is obscured and everything is fine. I emailed the ebay seller and he responded right away saying something along the lines of "dont use it on a close surface" regarding the major surrounding splash but did not address the orb shape and hazy nature.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 4:25:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just received my Perst-4+ from ebay seller Zenitco. Im going to assume that it is defective but i should probably ask. the green visible is only a "dot" at a foot away from a surface. at 10-15 yards it turns into a fist sized orb. at about 20-25 yards it only gets bigger and hazier turning into about a head sized orb. changed the batteries and checked all physical characteristics to make sure nothing is broken or the lens is obscured and everything is fine. I emailed the ebay seller and he responded right away saying something along the lines of "dont use it on a close surface" regarding the major surrounding splash but did not address the orb shape and hazy nature.
View Quote
Ask seller for replacement. Green laser is improperly focused. Its collimating lens is placed inside threaded housing. Probably someone in factory not fixed it and it moved during transport.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 6:23:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Took these in my spare bedroom, dot is much sharper in person but will give an idea of what Im talking about. NOD is TNVC PVS-14 Gen III. I was wearing my Laser Toric lenses for this test.

https://i.ibb.co/DpsdBdS/20200219-211607.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/sjnShkq/20200219-211702.jpg

Helmet mounted Fenix TK-25IR IR illum on, notice the artifacts is washed away, black shadow on bottom left is a leather office chair

https://i.ibb.co/wMdCRMt/20200219-211747.jpg

Visible green + laser, PERST 3 is mounted right behind MBUS Pro front sight which is what the shadow is

Anyone else has this on their PERST as well? Again not a big deal to me as it doesn't impede my view of what Im aiming at, but it is something worth mentioning
View Quote
I'll try mine close up and see what I get. I have only aimed it as close as about 7-10yds in IR mode. You have the power turned all the way down?
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 11:30:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://i.ibb.co/DpsdBdS/20200219-211607.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/sjnShkq/20200219-211702.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/wMdCRMt/20200219-211747.jpg

View Quote
Yes, Inside a small room, I can see a "Halo" depending on the setting and power via the buttons/knob. I haven't done exhaustive testing inside, as when I went out side right after, everything looked as it should, even at a few meters away. I assume it's just all the IR energy being emitted from a full power unit? The Diffuser on the illuminator would be for indoors and takes care of that part. The Green with the naked eye in a small room doesn't bother me with any blooming scattering that mattered. I'd have to play around some more with the IR designator inside.

Basically, I saw some stuff with the PERST, that I don't see with my Holosun - but attribute it to Full Power vs FDA compliant - but I'm no expert. It doesn't bother me enough to send it back, whatever it is.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 11:38:42 AM EDT
[#12]
@TxZen or anyone else with a Perst-2....what have you been getting for battery life on a fresh charged Russian 18650?

The P2 comes with two, and all four powered up my two P2 units upon arrival, but I'm wondering if I should top them off, or just run 'em until dead like NiCad rechargeables.

Any chance these things won't get a memory if charged before completely drained? Thinking yes, but welcome input from others as I'm not a battery guru beyond knowing that I don't keep alkaline batteries in the house any more except 9v in the smoke detectors that get changed every 6mos.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 11:48:05 AM EDT
[#13]
18650s (21700s, etc...all sizes) have no "memory effect" that I'm aware of - Lithium Ion vs Nickel Cadmium. I top off all my Olight/Nitecore stuff any time I think about it. But like you, I'm no battery guru
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
@TxZen or anyone else with a Perst-2....what have you been getting for battery life on a fresh charged Russian 18650?

The P2 comes with two, and all four powered up my two P2 units upon arrival, but I'm wondering if I should top them off, or just run 'em until dead like NiCad rechargeables.

Any chance these things won't get a memory if charged before completely drained? Thinking yes, but welcome input from others as I'm not a battery guru beyond knowing that I don't keep alkaline batteries in the house any more except 9v in the smoke detectors that get changed every 6mos.
View Quote
Never run a lithium ion rechargeable till it’s dead. I repeat.

If it’s an unprotected cell, it can either kill it, destroy its ability to hold a complete charge again or cause other problems.

Even if it’s protected, it’s not good.

If you are storing a lithium ion rechargeable, charge to 3.8 and store.

For best life span, Lithium ion batteries like shallow discharges. 4.2 down to 3.8 and back up for example.

If you are using them, yes keep them topped off. Do not let them drain all the way. There is no memory effect.

Cells degrade over usage, but as long as you don’t let them fully drain and don’t leave them in a super hot place they will last for a long time.

When it does degrade to where you can notice it pony up the huge 7 bucks or so to get a new one.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I don't own a PERST, but it sounds like a battery contact problem. I'd start with cleaning the contacts points with contact or brake cleaner, then see if the spring is compressed and to make sure it's seated properly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone else having issues with the perst4+ model visible laser cutting out during recoil?

Started cutting out every now and then to every shot now. Haven’t tried it under nv yet to see if the or laser does it’s well. I have put in new batteries and that don’t fix the issue.

I emailed black phase tactical where the sight was purchased (6/2019) to see what my options are. Just curious if anyone else experienced this issue.
I don't own a PERST, but it sounds like a battery contact problem. I'd start with cleaning the contacts points with contact or brake cleaner, then see if the spring is compressed and to make sure it's seated properly.
Followed advice above and fixed the issue.  Used a pair of needle nose pliers and lengthened the springs slightly.  Also used a q tip with brake cleaner and cleaned the connections inside the unit where the battery makes contact.  Was full of soot/black powder.  Just wanted to give an update in case anyone else has this issue.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 7:46:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'll try mine close up and see what I get. I have only aimed it as close as about 7-10yds in IR mode. You have the power turned all the way down?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, Inside a small room, I can see a "Halo" depending on the setting and power via the buttons/knob. I haven't done exhaustive testing inside, as when I went out side right after, everything looked as it should, even at a few meters away. I assume it's just all the IR energy being emitted from a full power unit? The Diffuser on the illuminator would be for indoors and takes care of that part. The Green with the naked eye in a small room doesn't bother me with any blooming scattering that mattered. I'd have to play around some more with the IR designator inside.

Basically, I saw some stuff with the PERST, that I don't see with my Holosun - but attribute it to Full Power vs FDA compliant - but I'm no expert. It doesn't bother me enough to send it back, whatever it is.
Out at the desert, its not as bad but still noticable. Pics were taken with the power turned up, even at low power the halos are still noticeable.

Yes Holosun is alot more crisp, but nowhere near as powerful as the PERST. Makes sense if full power is causing the artifacts, and good to know its not just mine that does it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 8:32:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Out at the desert, its not as bad but still noticable. Pics were taken with the power turned up, even at low power the halos are still noticeable.

Yes Holosun is alot more crisp, but nowhere near as powerful as the PERST. Makes sense if full power is causing the artifacts, and good to know its not just mine that does it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Mine has the artifacts around the IR illuminator too. My friend that has a full power i2 with the IR illuminator also has artifacts so I guess it is common across high power laser illuminators.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 11:17:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm not sure TBH

I have only charged the battery once since July 2019 and it wasn't dead when I recharged it. It's been on 20 odd hunting trips now but I don't keep it on all night, though I do run the laser for at least 20 to 30 minutes a night pointing stuff out or just keeping it on
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 4:31:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Just got my Perst 3 in from a December order from Ivan, Russian holiday rush meant it was a 2 month weight but it is what it is. Put it on the krink for a photo op, will be going on my 14.5 when thats done. Illuminator sure blows away my M600V vampire I have on my sbr along with my Perst 4, finally being able to just press 1 button and get both laser and illum is so much better than haveing to mess around with 2 tapeswitchs overlayed thats for sure. Has anyone else noticed the illuminator seems to move left to right around when focusing it? Not sure if it was just from me messing around with it or what but I won't know for sure until i get it all zeroed. The switch feels great but I do wish I could make the unit momentary on only or something, don't care much for the pulse setting.

Link Posted: 2/21/2020 8:14:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just got my Perst 3 in from a December order from Ivan
View Quote
Your plug is different than mine (Green Standard) - is yours the Red Gen 1 they had for ~$850? Or is that the Gen 2 plug, and I got Gen 1? Doesn't matter, just curious. I don't recall the circle of the illuminator moving around, but I didn't really pay attention - just unscrewed it all the way, then put it back on all the way. I centered it over the designator, and the adjustment screws were stiff'ish, which is good.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 8:17:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Mine has the artifacts around the IR illuminator too. My friend that has a full power i2 with the IR illuminator also has artifacts so I guess it is common across high power laser illuminators.
View Quote
Good to know. I assume that unless you have absolutely perfect glass made in a "clean room", there will be something...or like you said, it just "is". I assume Steiner glass is really good.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 8:43:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Has anyone else noticed the illuminator seems to move left to right around when focusing it? Not sure if it was just from me messing around with it or what but I won't know for sure until i get it all zeroed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Has anyone else noticed the illuminator seems to move left to right around when focusing it? Not sure if it was just from me messing around with it or what but I won't know for sure until i get it all zeroed.
Mine does the same thing. Not a big deal unless it's focused down really small. I especially like the diffuser on the illuminator it really lights up everything.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know. I assume that unless you have absolutely perfect glass made in a "clean room", there will be something...or like you said, it just "is". I assume Steiner glass is really good.
Yeah it is what it is but isn't really noticable the larger you focus the illuminator. At least there aren't any dead spots with in the illuminator beam. That sucks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 9:58:11 AM EDT
[#23]
I fee like an idiot here after having my perst 3’s for over a year now but if I am reading those last posts right the illuminator is adjustable? As in the beam spread?
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:17:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I fee like an idiot here after having my perst 3’s for over a year now but if I am reading those last posts right the illuminator is adjustable? As in the beam spread?
View Quote
Yes. You can focus the beam.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yes. You can focus the beam.
View Quote

I've always thought they were a little tight, but I use them just for clip on work. Guess that makes sense now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:39:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Does the perst 3 emit a visible red light when ir is turned on?
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:29:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I've always thought they were a little tight, but I use them just for clip on work. Guess that makes sense now.
View Quote
You don't know what you've been missing
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:23:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yup - all the way in is the widest with it on, about an 8ft circle at 50 yds...unscrew and it tightens to almost a point. You can take it totally off and it is a wider circle, but not sure about using it that way - just go with the diffuser, which is pretty darn fast to put on/take off.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:26:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Does the perst 3 emit a visible red light when ir is turned on?
View Quote
No one wants to look at it - you'd have to set up a recorder and aim at it - but digital devices pick up red glow when even the human eye can't see it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Damn I may see my -4 sooner than expected!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 7:38:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Your plug is different than mine (Green Standard) - is yours the Red Gen 1 they had for ~$850? Or is that the Gen 2 plug, and I got Gen 1? Doesn't matter, just curious. I don't recall the circle of the illuminator moving around, but I didn't really pay attention - just unscrewed it all the way, then put it back on all the way. I centered it over the designator, and the adjustment screws were stiff'ish, which is good.  
View Quote
Yeah I got the Gen 1, hell of a deal considering they were going for more than 1k before the gen 2 came out.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 8:10:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yeah I got the Gen 1, hell of a deal considering they were going for more than 1k before the gen 2 came out.
View Quote
Yes, those were a screaming deal, especially considering a Holosun LS321G retails for $799, congrats!
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 8:40:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Just got my Perst 3 in from a December order from Ivan, Russian holiday rush meant it was a 2 month weight but it is what it is. Put it on the krink for a photo op, will be going on my 14.5 when thats done. Illuminator sure blows away my M600V vampire I have on my sbr along with my Perst 4, finally being able to just press 1 button and get both laser and illum is so much better than haveing to mess around with 2 tapeswitchs overlayed thats for sure. Has anyone else noticed the illuminator seems to move left to right around when focusing it? Not sure if it was just from me messing around with it or what but I won't know for sure until i get it all zeroed. The switch feels great but I do wish I could make the unit momentary on only or something, don't care much for the pulse setting.

https://i.imgur.com/euVMTJ6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hc0uykn.jpg
View Quote
So, i saw one poster say his tape switch does work as a momentary. I tried with my PERST-3 last night and found it does work as a momentary switch, just has to be held down for a bit before releasing... maybe a second or so. So, you can't just "blip" it for a split second, but it does seem to work as a momentary...

Play with it and report back!
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 8:49:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So, i saw one poster say his tape switch does work as a momentary. I tried with my PERST-3 last night and found it does work as a momentary switch, just has to be held down for a bit before releasing... maybe a second or so. So, you can't just "blip" it for a split second, but it does seem to work as a momentary...

View Quote
That’s how all of mine work.

If you hold for any amount of time and release it’s momentary.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah mine works the same as well as my perst 4, just wish i could have the pressure switch in momentary only mode and not have to deal with the one quick tap "blip" activation at all, the same as most flashlights with pressure switches. Just trying to reduce accidental activation is all.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 1:05:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My klesh-2 is the same.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#37]
My 3 made it to NY over the weekend
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Sent Putin the munya
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 10:45:39 PM EDT
[#39]
I took delivery of a Perst 1 today, for pistol and some rifle use. This thing is awesome

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 6:49:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Perst noob here

Looking to get one for an ak105 I'm putting together

Is the perst3 the illuminator laser combo?

Perst4 looks like it's just a laser.

How does the perst laser/illum compare to a peq15 in function and ease of use? I'm assuming pretty simple so the russkies can figure it out
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:04:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Tracking indicates my -3 should arrive tomorrow
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:54:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Perst noob here

How does the perst laser/illum compare to a peq15 in function and ease of use? I'm assuming pretty simple so the russkies can figure it out
View Quote
Yes the Perst 3 and 2 are laser/illuminator with the 2 having a white light as well.

It is quite simple. My manual has no English and I figured it out pretty quick
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 7:57:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yes the Perst 3 and 2 are laser/illuminator with the 2 having a white light as well.

View Quote
Cool. Sounds like the 3 is what I want then

Eta: turns out zenitco has a YT channel in English...with a hot russian girl.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 8:01:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We know
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:21:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Perst noob here

View Quote
I use Full power peq 15’s now along with a 15-a (dbal a2)

The perst is great and I do like the controls. They are simple and easy to mess with in the dark.

The available switchology on the peq’s give you a lot though. Aka the ability to run the taps or whatever your switch of choice is along with your surefire.

I have a few of the gen 1 perst plugs and they seem fragile. My gen 2 plugs seem better, but not great. Of course I haven’t had one fail so I guess it’s just a feeling so far.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 3:41:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It isn't just any girl. It is Anastasia.

If you don't care about red vs. green laser you can find the PERST-3 red with the gen 1 plug for under $900 before shipping online whenever they come up for sale. I think Ivan Tactical is the one that was carrying them. Not sure if they still have them in stock.

Another option is you can go with the PERST-4 (IR and visible laser) for $400 along with the Klesh-2 (IR and visible light) for $370. Then you would need the ZenitCo KV-4/2 dual remote pressure switch for $67. So about $830-840 before shipping.

Just depends if you want it all in one unit or don't mind going with sepwrate light and separate laser but using one pressure switch for both.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 12:49:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If you don't care about red vs. green laser you can find the PERST-3 red with the gen 1 plug for under $900 before shipping online whenever they come up for sale. I think Ivan Tactical is the one that was carrying them. Not sure if they still have them in stock.

Another option is you can go with the PERST-4 (IR and visible laser) for $400 along with the Klesh-2 (IR and visible light) for $370. Then you would need the ZenitCo KV-4/2 dual remote pressure switch for $67. So about $830-840 before shipping.

Just depends if you want it all in one unit or don't mind going with sepwrate light and separate laser but using one pressure switch for both.
View Quote
I suspect those gen 1 units are gone. They used to be listed but out of stock. Since the last run, the listing has been removed completely from the site.

Which makes sense. It's not like they are going to keep making gen 1 units AND gen 2.

Hope I'm wrong. I'd pay 900 for one, but 1200+ is probably beyond my level of interest. I was hoping to catch another gen 1 sale.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I use Full power peq 15’s now along with a 15-a (dbal a2)

The perst is great and I do like the controls. They are simple and easy to mess with in the dark.

The available switchology on the peq’s give you a lot though. Aka the ability to run the taps or whatever your switch of choice is along with your surefire.

I have a few of the gen 1 perst plugs and they seem fragile. My gen 2 plugs seem better, but not great. Of course I haven’t had one fail so I guess it’s just a feeling so far.
View Quote
The cable wire type connector vs the QD gen2?

What concerns do you have besides your feelings?
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 1:28:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I suspect those gen 1 units are gone. They used to be listed but out of stock. Since the last run, the listing has been removed completely from the site.

Which makes sense. It's not like they are going to keep making gen 1 units AND gen 2.

Hope I'm wrong. I'd pay 900 for one, but 1200+ is probably beyond my level of interest. I was hoping to catch another gen 1 sale.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That makes sense about the gen 1. Haven't followed them since I got mine a few months back when they were popping up fairly regularly. Too bad as they were a solid buy for the $890.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 1:40:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

The cable wire type connector vs the QD gen2?

What concerns do you have besides your feelings?
View Quote
As I stated no real reason, just seem frail.

Seems to bend a lot. Makes me be careful how I lay a side mounted perst 3 down. Pressure on the cord itself will make the connector end bend in a kind of scary way.

again, haven’t had one break, but I can see it happening easily. Not in a rush to find out though.
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top