Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 79
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buddy of mine just jumped into the NV game and picked up an extra setup so I can shoot with him . If I were going to spend $500 on a laser, should I jump on a Perst 4? I like the idea of having a vis laser too when not shooting under nods. Ivan has one of the green+ gen 2 in stock and I am thinking about jumping on it. Thoughts?
View Quote
Very good unit.

Unless you really need the Illuminator (running a clip on or something) perst 3 isn’t really needed for the style of shooting you will be doing. Perst 4 is great for what you want it for.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 10:15:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Buddy of mine just jumped into the NV game and picked up an extra setup so I can shoot with him . If I were going to spend $500 on a laser, should I jump on a Perst 4? I like the idea of having a vis laser too when not shooting under nods. Ivan has one of the green+ gen 2 in stock and I am thinking about jumping on it. Thoughts?
View Quote
My perst 4 just arrived, fucking bright. Feels solid. Very happy withit.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 10:24:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Very good unit.

Unless you really need the Illuminator (running a clip on or something) perst 3 isn't really needed for the style of shooting you will be doing. Perst 4 is great for what you want it for.
Cool. I was thinking about ordering it through zenitco on their eBay store (added buying protection, etc). I assume there would be no issues sending it back to zenitco for RMA if I were to have issues with it? From what I have read, Ivan and Black Phase seem to be good about it, just didn't see anyone who purchased through eBay say anything about it.

So if you had a choice between the perst 4 or, say, a used dbal in the same category, which would you go for? I know this is a perst thread so y'all may be biased
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 11:09:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Cool. I was thinking about ordering it through zenitco on their eBay store (added buying protection, etc). I assume there would be no issues sending it back to zenitco for RMA if I were to have issues with it? From what I have read, Ivan and Black Phase seem to be good about it, just didn't see anyone who purchased through eBay say anything about it.

So if you had a choice between the perst 4 or, say, a used dbal in the same category, which would you go for? I know this is a perst thread so y'all may be biased
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Very good unit.

Unless you really need the Illuminator (running a clip on or something) perst 3 isn't really needed for the style of shooting you will be doing. Perst 4 is great for what you want it for.

I found my Perst-4 second hand from a seller on ebay and it's what sold me on the Perst-3.

I purchased the 3 from the Zenitco Ebay store and got the red laser version. I don't really value the visible laser other than for zeroing and I don't regret getting it yet.

I made an excel spreadsheet from the link provided earlier that you can filter out the models based on the the features you need.

I would hands down prefer the Perst-4 over the Dbal. I compared the 4 to a friends real full power DBAL-i2 IR/IR illuminator and the IR laser on the Perst-4 appeared to be just as bright as his Dbal.

The Perst-3 illuminator will easily light up the tree line 500m away across the open field behind my house. I especially like the diffuser cap for close quarters illumination.

I'm sold hands down on the Perst lasers. I've used full power military issue PEQ-15s and I found it "meh" at best. I managed to break two of them on one deployment. One broke when I got blown up and another one when I went hands on with a bad guy. PEQ-15s do not make good blunt object weapons. But my experience with them is extremely limited also.

I am considering picking up one of the pistol lasers just for fun. The Perst line is a great value for the price. You just have to be patient with shipping.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 1:49:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Honesty people have been making huge deals about shipping and ordering from ivan for some reason. I’ve ordered off his website 6 times now and never had a problem other than forgetting about it and being happy when it got there a few weeks later.

Quoted:

I found my Perst-4 second hand from a seller on ebay and it's what sold me on the Perst-3.

I purchased the 3 from the Zenitco Ebay store and got the red laser version. I don't really value the visible laser other than for zeroing and I don't regret getting it yet.

I made an excel spreadsheet from the link provided earlier that you can filter out the models based on the the features you need.

I would hands down prefer the Perst-4 over the Dbal. I compared the 4 to a friends real full power DBAL-i2 IR/IR illuminator and the IR laser on the Perst-4 appeared to be just as bright as his Dbal.

The Perst-3 illuminator will easily light up the tree line 500m away across the open field behind my house. I especially like the diffuser cap for close quarters illumination.

I'm sold hands down on the Perst lasers. I've used full power military issue PEQ-15s and I found it "meh" at best. I managed to break two of them on one deployment. One broke when I got blown up and another one when I went hands on with a bad guy. PEQ-15s do not make good blunt object weapons. But my experience with them is extremely limited also.

I am considering picking up one of the pistol lasers just for fun. The Perst line is a great value for the price. You just have to be patient with shipping.
View Quote
Yea somewhat agree.

I run a few full power peq’s and from my experience I trust them more. Not that I’ve had a perst fail, just trust the qc and pedigree. Anything can fail when being used as a blunt instrument. Mine have been through the ringer. But I do wonder which would really win in a durability test. Someone with deeper pockets than me needs to do it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Honesty people have been making huge deals about shipping and ordering from ivan for some reason. I’ve ordered off his website 6 times now and never had a problem other than forgetting about it and being happy when it got there a few weeks later.

Yea somewhat agree.

I run a few full power peq’s and from my experience I trust them more. Not that I’ve had a perst fail, just trust the qc and pedigree. Anything can fail when being used as a blunt instrument. Mine have been through the ringer. But I do wonder which would really win in a durability test. Someone with deeper pockets than me needs to do it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea somewhat agree.

I've already done the end user QC on two PEQ-15s. Dont ever beat someone over the head with one while attached to the rail of an M-4, and don't let them be subjected to an IED blast.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:16:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I've already done the end user QC on two PEQ-15s. Dont ever beat someone over the head with one while attached to the rail of an M-4, and don't let them be subjected to an IED blast.
View Quote
I think the perst would be better if you went into it knowing you would be using it for beat downs. That can be it’s own category in the testing.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 12:00:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm loving the PERST-3 every time I play with it. I contacted the Ebay Zenitco store person about my Blue Indicator Light not working (I really don't care but wanted to see what they said) - "Dimitry" contacted me back and said he doesn't know the technical details on the LASER's and told me to contact Zentico.co.ru/english (not the exact URL) and let him know when I do, and he "will walk over and get them on it as a priority".

So I take it the Ebay store is either an official Zenitco operation with just an office guy running it, or It's unrelated officially, but the guy is literally right next door and has a relationship with them. FYI.

I personally would (did) take the chance on a PERST, over paying DOUBLE for a MAWL C1+ (can "we" even get full power MAWLs?) There are obviously some occasional problems with them (mine are almost unmentionable, I think KPOG has a pretty big problem though) but I don't recall too many more people in this thread having problems? Yea, the shipping time sucks if you need help - I'd almost say go Ivan Tactical over Ebay, as Ivan seems VERY good at support, and Zenitco Ebay's is unknown.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 1:00:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm loving the PERST-3 every time I play with it. I contacted the Ebay Zenitco store person about my Blue Indicator Light not working (I really don't care but wanted to see what they said) - "Dimitry" contacted me back and said he doesn't know the technical details on the LASER's and told me to contact Zentico.co.ru/english (not the exact URL) and let him know when I do, and he "will walk over and get them on it as a priority".

So I take it the Ebay store is either an official Zenitco operation with just an office guy running it, or It's unrelated officially, but the guy is literally right next door and has a relationship with them. FYI.

I personally would (did) take the chance on a PERST, over paying DOUBLE for a MAWL C1+ (can "we" even get full power MAWLs?) There are obviously some occasional problems with them (mine are almost unmentionable, I think KPOG has a pretty big problem though) but I don't recall too many more people in this thread having problems? Yea, the shipping time sucks if you need help - I'd almost say go Ivan Tactical over Ebay, as Ivan seems VERY good at support, and Zenitco Ebay's is unknown.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Saw this in the manual last night:

You can also adjust brightness of LED indicators by pressing and holding on/off button and pressing + or – buttons.
Did you try that?
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 1:24:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Saw this in the manual last night:

Did you try that?
View Quote
Yes - no joy. Blue is busted. But I can see/feel the BAS (Big Ass Switch) so I don't care. Like I said, minor annoyance, what needs to work, works WELL.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:45:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm having a lot of fun playing with mine. I'm impressed with the power these things have.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok about to pull the trigger on the perst 4 from zenitco on eBay. Should I pay the extra 20 for faster shipping? Have y'all seen a major difference? I know it comes into play when it gets stateside.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I didn’t pay for the faster shipping and got mine in 17 days. I didn’t think that was horrible. Waiting is the hardest part. YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I didn't pay for the faster shipping and got mine in 17 days. I didn't think that was horrible. Waiting is the hardest part. YMMV.
View Quote
Cool. I just did the cheaper shipping. Now the wait. Luckily I'm not in a huge rush for it.

Now I need to get a white/ir light and rig up a taps switch.

ETA: Going to go the TAPS Sync route. For now, I have a rail mount streamlight that I am going to outfit to accept a surefire end cap. Now the question is, which variant should I get? I was thinking Variant 2, and if I want white light only I could turn the laser off on the unit itself. I saw synyster06gates used a variant 1, and it too made sense. Just no momentary laser only without the white light. Not sure how big a deal that is/would be.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I didn't pay for the faster shipping and got mine in 17 days. I didn't think that was horrible. Waiting is the hardest part. YMMV.
View Quote
Yeah I'd not bother paying for expedited shipping again...
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#16]
My Perst 4 Green + arrived today.  I ordered it from Zenitco on Ebay Jan 22nd and paid for regular shipping.

Mine came with the upgraded software and matching switch as seen in the video below:

Perst-4 update: what was changed?

I haven't got to shoot it yet but the green laser is AMAZING and I can't wait for my nods to arrive to test the IR.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 6:41:27 PM EDT
[#17]
c'mon tax return! perst 4 is calling my name, or go big and get the 3. or both
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 8:20:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My Perst 4 Green + arrived today.  I ordered it from Zenitco on Ebay Jan 22nd and paid for regular shipping.

Mine came with the upgraded software and matching switch as seen in the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-b6BPgkl1c

I haven't got to shoot it yet but the green laser is AMAZING and I can't wait for my nods to arrive to test the IR.
View Quote
Noice! I got a shipping notification this morning at 2am, so it has begun its journey.

I ordered from the same place and I expect it to be the latest generation as you've got. Super pumped.

I am rearranging my rifle tonight to make room for it
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Noice! I got a shipping notification this morning at 2am, so it has begun its journey.

I ordered from the same place and I expect it to be the latest generation as you've got. Super pumped.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-b6BPgkl1c

I ordered mine on the 8th and got a shipping notification that day... so I probably have a day or two lead on you. I'll let you know when it arrives
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:08:10 PM EDT
[#20]
My Perst 3 has cleared ISC and it is in the Queens facility... so hopefully just a few days and I'll have it in my hands!
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 1:31:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Just finished my night gun and PERST 3 fits perfectly! I love the switch as it gives very good tactile feel when switching on and off and the "lock" to prevent accidentally actuating it when you don't want to works amazing. The buttons on the top and rear of the unit itself overrides the switch lock too and this setup allows me to have a more rearward grip for when I use a finger forward grip and if I want to extend my arm a bit further out I can C clamp the unit and my thumb naturally lands on the top button.

Eotech combo is on a .5" riser which clears the PERST perfectly, laser and light can be actuated with both left and right hands very well. Only thing not ambi is the offset BUIS.

Cables are held well by the front buis, flipped up or down and by the larue index clips + the wraps.

Went with an SF3P over a warcomp as I wanted as much flash suppression as possible and went with the Socom model just in case I ever go to a state that allows suppressors

Link Posted: 2/12/2020 7:55:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just finished my night gun and PERST 3 fits perfectly! I love the switch as it gives very good tactile feel when switching on and off and the "lock" to prevent accidentally actuating it when you don't want to works amazing. The buttons on the top and rear of the unit itself overrides the switch lock too and this setup allows me to have a more rearward grip for when I use a finger forward grip and if I want to extend my arm a bit further out I can C clamp the unit and my thumb naturally lands on the top button.

Eotech combo is on a .5" riser which clears the PERST perfectly, laser and light can be actuated with both left and right hands very well. Only thing not ambi is the offset BUIS.

Cables are held well by the front buis, flipped up or down and by the larue index clips + the wraps.

Went with an SF3P over a warcomp as I wanted as much flash suppression as possible and went with the Socom model just in case I ever go to a state that allows suppressors

https://i.imgur.com/UBifR9Cl.jpg?1https://i.imgur.com/n2RQ9SQl.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/SzmQ2VAl.jpg?1https://i.imgur.com/4RtQ7uVl.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/iIe40Vpl.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/ZnF4sqRl.jpg?1
View Quote
Nice! I have mine setup the same except my white light being on the other side.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#23]
I’m now a member of the Perst 3 super race!

Ordered mine from Black Phase Tactical on 1/4 and received it on 2/10 but since it needed a signature I had to send the wife down today to pick up the package.

Played with it for just a moment and mounted on my rifle for grins, space is going to be tight for sure but I’ll play with it this weekend.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 9:58:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I’m now a member of the Perst 3 super race!

Ordered mine from Black Phase Tactical on 1/4 and received it on 2/10 but since it needed a signature I had to send the wife down today to pick up the package.

Played with it for just a moment and mounted on my rifle for grins, space is going to be tight for sure but I’ll play with it this weekend.
View Quote
Congrats. Moving the Illuminator to be centered over the designator/pointer is the only PITA thing to do, but it's easy with the included long Allen wrench. I set mine to produce a 6ft circle at 50 yards.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 3:38:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Is there any way to fire the white light on the perst 2 without moving the switch? Ie does it have a vis overide port or a separate button on the unit to fire the white light regardless of what setting it’s on
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 3:55:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Just got my Perst 1. Shipping from Russia was smoother than using USPS to ship something across my own damned country.

The unit is very robust. There is a bit of bloom at close range, but the IR laser beam is well-defined after five or eight yards.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 4:21:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Is there any way to fire the white light on the perst 2 without moving the switch? Ie does it have a vis overide port or a separate button on the unit to fire the white light regardless of what setting it’s on
View Quote
Have you checked the two videos here?

Anastasia
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:49:52 PM EDT
[#28]
My Perst 3 made it to Russia yesterday.

Let’s see how the warranty goes.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

My Perst 3 made it to Russia yesterday.

Let’s see how the warranty goes.
View Quote
What was the issue with yours?
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 3:20:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

What was the issue with yours?
View Quote
Controls freaked out. It was on a SCAR 17.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 2:51:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Damn. One whole minute to clear Russian customs?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 4:39:07 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote
You ordered after me but appear to be winning. I haven't had an update since the 10th, which was "Your item has been processed through a facility in MOSKVA PCI-8 EMS, RUSSIAN FEDERATION on February 10, 2020 at 10:57 am. "
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#33]
My PERST-3+ arrived! Ordered on the 30th and arrived at the P.O. yesterday, and I picked it up this afternoon. This thing feels solid, and the visible green laser was visible through the woods, shining down from my deck to the creek about 300' away at about 5 pm. Haven't played with the IR functions yet, but so far I like what I see...
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 11:08:22 AM EDT
[#34]
"Released from Russia17 February 2020, 07:06 102972, Moskva"

So far so good. I assume this is where is disappears for a couple weeks before it shows up in NYC.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 11:36:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
"Released from Russia17 February 2020, 07:06 102972, Moskva"

So far so good. I assume this is where is disappears for a couple weeks before it shows up in NYC.
View Quote
You just gotta hope it's not an American gun owning captain on the freighter. They have an atrocious record of boating accidents.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Anyone else having issues with the perst4+ model visible laser cutting out during recoil?

Started cutting out every now and then to every shot now. Haven’t tried it under nv yet to see if the or laser does it’s well. I have put in new batteries and that don’t fix the issue.

I emailed black phase tactical where the sight was purchased (6/2019) to see what my options are. Just curious if anyone else experienced this issue.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 3:17:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Anyone else having issues with the perst4+ model visible laser cutting out during recoil?

Started cutting out every now and then to every shot now. Haven’t tried it under nv yet to see if the or laser does it’s well. I have put in new batteries and that don’t fix the issue.

I emailed black phase tactical where the sight was purchased (6/2019) to see what my options are. Just curious if anyone else experienced this issue.
View Quote
I don't own a PERST, but it sounds like a battery contact problem. I'd start with cleaning the contacts points with contact or brake cleaner, then see if the spring is compressed and to make sure it's seated properly.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Just got my PERST-4.  Has anyone figured out a way to rig a dual pressure switch to fire the Perst and a Surefire?

I saw THIS but of course it has the wrong flashlight connector
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Just got my PERST-4.  Has anyone figured out a way to rig a dual pressure switch to fire the Perst and a Surefire?

View Quote
There is a user in this thread that cut up a unity taps sync switch. Idk what page it is on, but it works.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 4:01:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Was emailing with Ivan Tactical about switches because I'm not wild about the big one, even with the added functionality. Here's a picture he sent me. Left to right: KV-8P, KV-1P, KV-5P. They will all be available with Gen 2 plug compatibility next week.

Link Posted: 2/18/2020 4:09:03 PM EDT
[#41]
FYI (I just figured this out, sorry if it's been stated before) but my PERST 3 w/ gen 1 plug has a momentary on feature. Instead of just tapping the switch (which enables constant on) I just hold it down.

So the 3 modes are:
Single tap = constant on
Double tap = strobe
Tap and hold = momentary

After accidentally figuring this out I can now say my life is complete... after I get some BNVD-ULs..
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 4:09:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
https://www.reddit.com/r/NightVision/comments/eyazd7/russian_collusion/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 4:25:38 PM EDT
[#43]
The closing line "slick little setup" made me laugh when talking about a gun with 2 Modlites on extended mounts, a IR/VIS laser and TAPS switch. There's probably 20 ounces in lighting related gear out at the end of that handguard and it looks like a pitchfork.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 8:05:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:12:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#46]
I am about to buy one, but have some newbie questions:

How do you keep from blinding yourself and team mates while using a full power IR laser.

What doe the .mil do?

For training how can you be sure that the russian switch that puts it in an eye safe power mode is really doing that?

what is the Minimum safe distance for eye damage with a 20mw IR laser?
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:18:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I am about to buy one, but have some newbie questions:

How do you keep from blinding yourself and team mates while using a full power IR laser.

What doe the .mil do?

For training how can you be sure that the russian switch that puts it in an eye safe power mode is really doing that?

what is the Minimum safe distance for eye damage with a 20mw IR laser?
View Quote
Don't point it at them. Don't fire the laser at a close reflective surface. Never assume it's eye safe. I'd never point my civvie power laser at my own or someone else's eye, partially because that would be pointing a gun at them too. But even "safe" IR isn't actually safe to stare at.

IR NDs with full power are a real danger. You need to make sure to safe the laser. Accidentally leaving it on or letting the pressure switch get depressed when putting it in a rack or against a wall is a major concern. With full power IR it's even more critical to use it in momentary mode rather than locked on.

In summary, don't be a dumbass.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#48]
How waterproof are the perst 3/4 lasers?
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 5:20:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Don't point it at them. Don't fire the laser at a close reflective surface. Never assume it's eye safe. I'd never point my civvie power laser at my own or someone else's eye, partially because that would be pointing a gun at them too. But even "safe" IR isn't actually safe to stare at.

IR NDs with full power are a real danger. You need to make sure to safe the laser. Accidentally leaving it on or letting the pressure switch get depressed when putting it in a rack or against a wall is a major concern. With full power IR it's even more critical to use it in momentary mode rather than locked on.

In summary, don't be a dumbass.
View Quote
Right. Treat it like a weapon. Don’t point it at anything you don’t want to shoot. Don’t point it at anything that can reflect back.

Don’t be a dumb ass.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 5:27:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Wanted to give an update as I've had my PERST 3 for nearly a year now.

I had to send it back to Moscow a few months back as the illuminator stopped working, VIS and IR lasers still functional. One of my friends has an 07 SOT so we did a night machine gun shoot out in the desert and I put my upper on one of his FA lowers. Don't know if that caused just the illuminator to stop working but its the only thing I can think of. Since I bought my 3 from Zenitco on ebay I talked to Dimitry, he was slow to respond to my messages but he took care of me. Got the "Russian Flashlight" back within a month so good CS. Didn't even have to rezero it when I reinstalled it so it seems like the mount does RTZ.

I've been doing alot more night shooting lately and my 3 is still serving me well. My only complaints now is the illuminator flood level is fixed, lowering the power just dims it instead of adjusting spill. It doesn't want to stay centered with my laser, annoying but I can live it as I use the laser more than the illuminator anyway.

Added a PERST 4 green + to my collection from Ivan Tactical when they were right about $400 this past Black Friday. Got out of Russia and cleared customs just as fast as my 3 did about a year ago. Haven't mounted it to anything yet as I am debating if I want to mount it to my BCM midlenght that I rarely even shoot anymore or spend the money on a Zenitco railed handguard for my SAM7SF so I have an AK I can use at night as well.

Last night I brought my still in the aluminum can PERST 4 and my Holosun LS321G for comparison and to see if the 4 also has the same circular streak artifacts around the laser like the 3 does. Yes the 4 does it as well, but both will disappear when I turn on the IR light on my now helmet mounted Fenix TK-25IR, or have Illum+Laser on. Not a big deal when it doesn't obstruct my view but worth mentioning. The Holosun is a reliable and capable unit but of course being civilian power pales in comparison to the PERST units. It will be on the EE soon as I'd like to buy another PERST 4, or hopefully they come out with a PERST 5 that improves on the 3.

For eye safety, I was able to find green Laser Toric lenses for my Oakley M Frame Alphas off ebay which I now wear whenever I do any night shooting.
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top