Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2021 1:23:08 PM EDT
My newest rifle is my most beautiful one.
Traditions .50 caliber flintlock Pennsylvania Long RifleAttachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 1:27:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations on the new flintlock!

Link Posted: 12/27/2021 1:39:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congratulations on the new flintlock!

View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 2:28:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 9:43:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Bring on that range report!
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 10:31:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice rifle! I really want one of those.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 6:17:42 PM EDT
[#6]
If you think that is beautiful, you should see what the originals, (and true clones) look like.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 10:56:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If you think that is beautiful, you should see what the originals, (and true clones) look like.
View Quote

I grew up and live where these were originally made. When I was young, they were still around at the big gun shows. Hindsight being 20/20, I should have bought everyone I saw!
There is also some very fine modern craftsmen of them near me, as well as lots of period museums. Dan'l Boone's homestead is 1/2 hour from me.
You are correct about them.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 11:02:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Bring on that range report!
View Quote

Won't happen for at least 3 weeks, maybe more.
I will be sure to post a report when I have completed working up a balanced load that is accurate and still powerful enough for whitetail, if I decide to hunt with it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I grew up and live where these were originally made. When I was young, they were still around at the big gun shows. Hindsight being 20/20, I should have bought everyone I saw!
There is also some very fine modern craftsmen of them near me, as well as lots of period museums. Dan'l Boone's homestead is 1/2 hour from me.
You are correct about them.
View Quote

They weren’t just made in Pennsylvania. They were made in many of the colonies and later states. Granted, I do find the Lancaster styles most pleasing to my eyes, but a well executed Virginia or North Carolina style can be eye popping as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top