Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2018 10:01:16 PM EDT
I recently purchased a Crosman F4 nitro piston rifle. I bought a couple of cans of Crosman pointed pellets to break the rifle in, sight it in, and to play with.

I shot those pellets and was fairly happy with them, but wanted something a bit different.

When I was a kid, I used Beeman Silver Jet pellets for birds, small game and plinking. All my pump rifles loved them. Apparently they are no longer made.

It's been about 30 years since I played with air rifles, so I am way out of touch.

So, what do you all recommend for a general use pellet?
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 11:09:29 PM EDT
[#1]
JSB Diabolo Exacts.   Probably the best all around pellet made.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 11:26:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Try some domed pellets like JSB Exacts, RWS Superdomes or Crosman Premiers. They usually perform much better than pointed pellets.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 11:50:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll give both of those a try.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 8:48:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Most reviewers on YT say Crosman pellets shoot very well out of Crosman guns. The reviews I've seen show they shoot good out of most guns regardless of  rifle brand. I have 4 air riles, none are Crosman and they all shoot Crosman pellets as good or better than high end pellets, which is good for me because they are cheap and available locally.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 10:55:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Crosman pellets are what i bought with the rifle. They shot very well and accurately out to about 45 yds. Didn't try many beyond that distance.

I picked up another 1000 Crosman's today, just because they were available. Haven't found the others locally.

I'll probably get to Tucson this week sometime and check the fun shops for the others.
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 11:27:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I use Crosman, JSBs of varying weights and H&N.

Air guns are finicky and you’ll have to experiment to find the ones that shoot well for your set up.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 10:21:50 AM EDT
[#7]
If you don't want to buy entire tins go to straight shooters dot com and check out their pellet sample pacs....you get a hand full of 99% of the popular brands....great way to find out what your rifle likes.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Agreed! My guns love them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Agreed! My guys love them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agreed! My guys love them.
While I did say Crosmans are good, JSB's are better.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 10:38:25 PM EDT
[#10]
So I have an HW80 on the way. In .22.

A legendary air rifle. I’ve wanted one for a while and a looking to the R1 in .22 but i couldn’t find one and the R1 and HW80 are the same gun with a few cosmetic differences and the HW80 comes in a hundred bucks cheaper.

Anyone have one or had one with any thoughts to share?  Still trying to decide with what to scope it. I’m ditching the open sights and installing a standard Weilrach/Beeman muzzlebrake.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 1:26:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Nitro piston? You'll want something on the heavy side to tame it. I'm partial to JSB, although I have used H&N, Crosman and Eun Jin with success. It's all about your barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top