Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2021 9:23:59 PM EDT
What are the differences in the Pedersoli flintlock pistol kit compared to the traditions flintlock pistol kits?

Regarding quality.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:31:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not seen either kit, but from owning a Pedersoli flintlock rifle, and seeing and handling a fewTraditions, the Pedersoli is much better quality, fit, and finish.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:47:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have not seen either kit, but from owning a Pedersoli flintlock rifle, and seeing and handling a fewTraditions, the Pedersoli is much better quality, fit, and finish.
View Quote

Perfect, all I’m looking for, thanks!
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:47:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I would say Pedersoli is better . They've been around for a long time and make good stuff and they back it up too .

Traditions just showed up after TC's Traditional guns and CVA disapeared . I havn't been too impressed with traditions from from what I've seen .

I just dont know about them . The barrels seemed roughly finished and the wood very plain .Probably very serviceable though .

What type of gun are you looking at ?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:42:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Looking for a new kit to work on.  I’m heavily leaning towards the Pedersoli Kentucky flintlock pistol kit.

Are there any companies/guys doing pistol kits, like Kibler does the rifles kits?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:08:34 PM EDT
[#5]
For factory made muzzleloaders Pedersoli is top of the line.  Traditions is near the bottom.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:51:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:19:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

Pedersoli just looks better but...

On a whim I bought this Traditions 50 cal flintlock pistol at a pawn shop over the summer.
After doing some research, I ordered a good French Amber Flints for it from:
http://www.heritage-products.com/Products_Flints_PP.html

Finally shot it for the 1st time a couple months ago. I didn't have the correct .490 diameter ball but shot it with double patched .454 diameter ball and 30gr of FFFg. Also primed with the same FFFg. Fired 20rds through it over the course of a couple hours.  18 of 20 fired without issue. 2 required recocking the hammer / re-firing.

Didn't hit any of my 25yd steel gongs but I sure had fun.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:24:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looking for a new kit to work on.  I’m heavily leaning towards the Pedersoli Kentucky flintlock pistol kit.

Are there any companies/guys doing pistol kits, like Kibler does the rifles kits?
View Quote

I have a pistol kit from this place: https://www.muzzleloaderbuilderssupply.com/europeanpistolsets.html

I wish I could tell you more but I'm currently out of state and won't be able to build it until July.  A Pedersoli kit should be fine, I just wanted a British Heavy Dragoon.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 2:28:36 PM EDT
[#9]
There is a company named Sitting Fox that sells their own kits .
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 9:03:34 AM EDT
[#10]
From my experience,  traditions makes great barrels.
They also make good percussion guns.   The flintlocks are okay for the money.  Just no that you will need to tinker a little.  The frozen spring is generally to strong and will need to be filed and the frozen foot honed and filed.   I’ve got a Traditions Kentucky,  it is not a Kibler,  but for $400 it’s not bad.  Honestly after some work it is a great light weight little flint rifle.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 11:14:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Pedersoli old Italian craftsmanship.

Traditions mass produced Spanish.

Think early 20th century .38 revolver Spanish clone versus actual S&W revolver of the era.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top