Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2010 12:50:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cypher15]
how bout it guys?

trade tools, books, etc in this lil community without the clutter of EE or classifieds?

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 12:59:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 1:07:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By AeroE:

Originally Posted By Cypher15:

how bout it guys?

trade tools, books, etc in this lil community without the clutter of EE or classifieds?

Nope, can't happen.

All you can do is give your stuff away in this forum.

"pay it forward" thread then?

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 12:13:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 5:46:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gun_Crank] [#4]
Sure. I'll start.

I've got an old set of 6" parallels. They have nicks and dings in most of them, but can be stoned out and still be put to good use.

Going to Heatnbeat
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 8:33:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I could put those parallels to good use if you still have them.

I'll look around and see what I have to put in the pot.

Heatnbeat
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 8:53:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gun_Crank] [#6]
Originally Posted By Heatnbeat:

Heatnbeat

Cypher saw your post and told me they are yours.

IM me your info and I'll get them in the mail sometime this week.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 9:01:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cypher15] [#7]

Originally Posted By Gun_Crank:

Heatnbeat

Sorry. Cypher claimed them via IM.

What else could you use? I've got lots of stuff around here.
what about scrap material?  those spare mills u sent work nice.  actually, ive been wanting a flycutter.  boring bar would be useful too.  have any cheap DRO's lying around gathering dust?..lol  hey u asked

hell, shovel all of your unused tools into a box

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 9:20:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:

Originally Posted By Gun_Crank:

Heatnbeat

Sorry. Cypher claimed them via IM.

What else could you use? I've got lots of stuff around here.
what about scrap material?  those spare mills u sent work nice.  actually, ive been wanting a flycutter.  boring bar would be useful too.  have any cheap DRO's lying around gathering dust?..lol  hey u asked

hell, shovel all of your unused tools into a box

Scrap material? When I scrap it it usually isn't good for much else. You are welcome to make the drive and look through my scrap bucket.
I just sent a dozen endmills to get resharpened. Well see what they look like when I get them back.
Fly cutter? I think I sold them a couple years ago. I'll see if they're still here.
Link Posted: 10/15/2010 7:00:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a magnetic base for a dial indicator. It's just the base with the post and arm, no indicator. The magnet has always seemed a bit weak, but it works OK.

First "I'll take it" gets it. IM, Email, or post here.
Link Posted: 10/19/2010 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Heatnbeat

They are on the way.
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Many Thanks!!
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 8:45:36 PM EDT
[#12]
BTT to say that I opened the parallels today (after returning from vacation).  Very nice, THANK YOU!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2010 12:39:07 AM EDT
[#13]
No problem.
Link Posted: 11/7/2010 9:00:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I will take a look through my toolbox tomorrow and see what I don't want/need anymore.

Off the top of my head I think I have most (maybe all?) of a knock off indicol I don't use and a set of chinamese parallels that I bought along with a no name counrty of origin indeterminate set of gage blocks (36 pc.) when a coworker passed away a few years ago.

I'll also rummage around out in the shop. I'm fair certain I have at least one 6" Brown&Sharpe dial calipers that are worn on the faces and there might be an old mic or two out there also.

I don't need any of those things and would be willing to see them into a happy home.

However there is one qualification on this, I have to remember to do it.

I'm sorry but 5:00 am comes painfully early when you live 45 minutes away. My coworkers are lucky I remember to put my friggin pants on
Link Posted: 11/9/2010 7:05:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Pay It Forward for machinists ?
An awesome idea

Im on the road right now , but I'll look to see what Ive got at home when I get there .

As far as the extra stuff in my road-box at work , I've been giving that to a young kid who just started in our shop . He got my old Kennedy roll around and my old Mitutoyo 8" calipers .
Link Posted: 11/13/2010 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Ah hell, I was afriad I'd forget to do this and I did. I even stood there and stared at my toolbox today before I left thinking "I'm forgetting something" but couldn't place what it was so I left work.

I'll try to remember and if I get the stuff rounded up I'll post up pics so you can see what I'm giving away.
Link Posted: 11/13/2010 11:05:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Soylent:

snip

along with a no name counrty of origin indeterminate set of gauge blocks (36 pc.) when a coworker passed away a few years ago.

snip

Id really appreciate the gauge blocks , and would even gladly spring for the postage .

Im home now for a few days so I'll rummage through my stash and see what Ive got

Link Posted: 11/14/2010 2:11:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ultramagbrion:
Originally Posted By Soylent:

snip

along with a no name counrty of origin indeterminate set of gauge blocks (36 pc.) when a coworker passed away a few years ago.

snip

Id really appreciate the gauge blocks , and would even gladly spring for the postage .

Im home now for a few days so I'll rummage through my stash and see what Ive got

PM sent.

*Handgun not included

Link Posted: 11/15/2010 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Thank you very much Soylent.

I'm sending you some cash for sure .
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 8:10:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Soylent] [#20]
Originally Posted By ultramagbrion:

Thank you very much Soylent.

I'm sending you some cash for sure .

No worries. That set's just too small for what I'm trying to store up for, and if I kept it around it'd just frustrate me if I tried to make it all heppen with that. Now I have some motivation to save up for a couple other items.

I'll PM with the details when the wife gets it shipped. I'd do it myself but we're hammered at work right now and I no kidding haven't got the time to see it done. I think she's got wednesday off so they should go out tomorrow afternoon in a couple days (I'm so confused from the schedule lately I thought today was tuesday )
Link Posted: 11/20/2010 12:10:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ultramagbrion] [#21]
I received Soylent's gauge blocks yesterday . Very nice , I appreciate it very much .

I went rummaging through some stuff and came up with a new Mitutoyo metric indicator .
It's in almost perfect shape , a back plunge model No. 1159 and reads 0 - 130 - 0 in .02 mm increments ( .0008" )

The shank around the stem is standard 3/8" and it's got a tapped hole ( 6 x 1.0 ?) for a stem or what-not.

I've got quite a pile of indicators already , so this has been collecting dust for a few years .

Anyone need it ?

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PMCTLG=00&PMAKA=06254619&partnerURL=http://catalogs.shoplocal.com/mscdirect/index.aspxopagename=shopmainPcircularid=16558Pstoreid=1040626Ppagenumber=1443Pmode=
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top