Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2021 3:46:22 AM EDT
Does anybody have pictures of what patriot brown looks like to the eye in person? I'm seeing a lot of variance and some I like and some I don't.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 11:55:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Best look might be on a YouTube video. I wanted an LWRC DI in patriot brown. There's a few videos of those rifles on YouTube. I think hickok45 has a patriot brown rifle.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 12:04:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I really was set on patriot brown, but after seeing it in person, hard pass. I truly do think they were trying to mimic the color of dog shit. And why not? If it was easy to see, we wouldn’t have to clean it off our shoes so often.

75% dark bronze to 25% Magpul FDE got me what I was looking for. More of an earth brown that looks anodized versus the dark yellowish brown of patriot. I call it earth bronze. It does change a lot in lighting, and only the receivers are coated. The rail and light are anodized.

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:33:35 AM EDT
[#3]

I went for it. Rifle not finished yet, but it looks damn good. These pictures are about as close to the color that you actually see in person.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#4]
That two tone looks awesome!
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 9:25:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top