Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2020 11:50:15 PM EDT
I thought it would be a fun project to build an AR our of miss matched parts that I have laying around. The goal for this rifle is to build as close to 100% as possible from spare parts that I have accumulated over the years and make this a somewhat fun gun to shoot.

I have not taken any pictures in the begining. However this is where I am:
Some junk 80% lower (functions well) with random parts for the LPK.
Old school grip < who knows where I got it. I have a few dozens to choose from, I liked this one the most for this build.
Some old ACE rifle stock that I bought 8+ years ago.
Old FNH upper < Tan,black,mill Finnish..
PSA Bolt that I bought for super cheap. I think I placed an order for a dozen of them at one time. Still have a few laying around.
Badger CH. Not sure where I got it.
Unknown manufacturer 5.56 16" mid length barrel. I don't think that I paid more than $90 for it when it was brand new.
Strike hand guard that I beat the shit of with a 10lb sledge a few years back trying to take it off. < still works.
Still need to pick an optic or a rear sight out of the parts bin, install the gas block/tube and install the flashider.
More pics to come. So far $0 spent on parts for this build.

Attachment Attached File

Show me yours!

Link Posted: 4/26/2020 11:06:12 PM EDT
[#1]
My parts bin isn't quite as evenly stocked.  I have some Sabre Defense branded Cav15 lowers ready for uppers, however the rest of the parts are in the form of spare grips, M4 stocks, stock trigger guards, various length slip on hand guards and small parts (springs and pins.)

Looking at all the parts it reminds me of an old kids game called Cooties.  I could probably build one with grips for feet, an A2 hand guard for a body, and trigger guards as antenna.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top