Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2017 9:25:10 AM EDT
So what's your favorite gun to build from parts kits available today?  Looking for a few.  Nothing in particular.  The cheaper the better, but I won't rule out $500 for something interesting.

ETA:
AR's don't count.  I've done a lot, 80%'s into 9mm, 308 and the standards.  I even did a 0%.  I have an 80% 1911 frame awaiting time and $.  Same with some AK flats and Polymer80 Glock frames.

On the interesting side, I was thinking, Sten, PPSH or Galil.   I do have a Suomi kit I haven't touched yet.

Attachment Attached File

Also, I don't have a TIG welder yet, but will soon.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#1]
An AR 15, I can pretty much build it without getting my hands dirty.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 3:02:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 4:23:48 AM EDT
[#3]
FAL, headspacing is rather simple with the right tools as well as barrel torque and timing. Don't even need a chart anymore to put one together.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 12:48:45 PM EDT
[#4]
OP, why don't you go ahead with the Suomi build since you already have the kit?

They are a challenging build for a beginner, and a ton of fun when finished.

I annealed my bolt and milled and drilled it to fit an AR firing pin, and added an AR fcg to the trigger group to make the Semi conversion.

Since I'm not a great welder, I turned a new receiver on the lathe in two pieces and milled the ports and lugs.

Lots of people do re-welds on the receiver's though if you are good with the TIG, there's plenty of info on how to make a Jig out there.

A little inspiration for you:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top