Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2018 12:20:40 AM EDT
I've been one of the vocal naysayers here when folks ask about buying MSARs today.  However I know there are still some owners out there - and I'm wondering what the secondary market is for parts.  I was offered the opportunity to buy an MSAR, which appears to be a Gen IV gun - and appears to have only been factory-fired judging from the gas regulator, stiffness of barrel release and stock takedown.  Gun has no magazines, box, or other accessories and the top optic rail rather than the integrated optic.  Frankly there's an optic as part of the package that I'd kind of like to get, and wondering if there's enough value in selling off the parts to make the hassle worthwhile.

Are any of the Gen IV MSAR parts particularly sought-after or should I just abandon the whole twisted idea?
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 1:04:27 AM EDT
[#1]
What's the optic?
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 10:03:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's the optic?
View Quote
One of the mini-ACOGs.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 11:11:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Depending on what you are paying, maybe. I have parted out two, I sold the stripped stocks (non-E4), the receivers and mags, clearing 2/3 of what I paid for each rifle. I kept all the internal parts, an optic, a top rail and both barrels with grips for my MSAR. I now have a nice parts stash for the future. A number of people were asking if I would sell one or both barrel.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 11:46:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an early one, have 2 firing pins, 2 bolts as spare. Took off the 1.5 and boxed it up(nothing wrong with it) and found a rail on Ebay and mounted a scope.
Since I have other guns I don't see shooting the piss out of it but just in case I do have spare stuff, if I ever sell it, having spare internals does make it easier to
get a decent price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top