Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2021 3:48:19 PM EDT
I have a few ar 15 barrel blanks I'm going to be parkerizing at some point.  They are not chrome lined and I'll be cutting a chamber in them.  The blanks are in the white and the barrel extensions are in the white.

Do people plug the bore, or do they parkerize the bore and chamber?  Do people prefer to park with the barrel extension installed or separately?  I know there's some barrels from big companies where people take off the FSB ad it's not parked under the legs, do companies install the FSB and extension and dunk the whole thing?  Please, knowledge dump on me!
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 6:23:53 PM EDT
[#1]
You're going to want to plug the bore.

Some surplus rifles had the bores parkerized. It wears off quickly, but take the few extra minutes to plug it up.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 1:46:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Definitely plug the bore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top