Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2023 10:45:59 AM EDT
Looking at upgrading the smoke pole for an out west hunt.

Anyone have an opinion on these two rifles?

Internet says Pro is top dog, but lr-x is almost as good.

LR-X  is $600, Pro is $1800.  

Is it worth 3 times as much?

Or in arf fashion should I buy 3 lr-x's?

Link Posted: 4/8/2023 8:07:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I've not shot a paramount pro, but have had years of excellent service from an older Accura V2 with a lot of dead deer to show for it. That extra 1200 bucks can get you a lot of powder and bullets to practice with and some real nice glass to put on top. Neither is going to get you out to centerfire long range distances but you already know that. The new MR-X/LR-X line look like a lot of rifle for the money.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 8:58:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Buddy has both, both kill deer and are accurate.

Depends on exactly what you want to do with it and how crazy you want to go.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've not shot a paramount pro, but have had years of excellent service from an older Accura V2 with a lot of dead deer to show for it. That extra 1200 bucks can get you a lot of powder and bullets to practice with and some real nice glass to put on top. Neither is going to get you out to centerfire long range distances but you already know that. The new MR-X/LR-X line look like a lot of rifle for the money.
View Quote

Dunno about that.  My buddy is running 45 cal 275gr monster bullets with 65gr of N-120 behind it to run 'em out at 2500fps and smackin steel at up to 400 yards...

Not my cup of tea as far as muzzle loading goes, but if it is what you want to do, go for it.

I'd hit the forums over at modern muzzle loader  - I think most of the front stuffer stuff around here is more traditional oriented....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top