Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2020 12:25:11 PM EDT
Waiting in my IOI interview to get scheduled,  and looking at bound books.

I'd like one with larger vs smaller cells.

Anyone have any favorites?
There are a bunch on amazon. Anyone have a favorite?
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 2:32:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I never could find one that I liked and ended up making my own in Excel (followed example in the CFR).  Made nice covers, printed on 11x17 paper then used a binding machine.  I could put 500 guns in one book (10/page).  Plenty of room to write and make corrections if needed.  Never had a problem during compliance inspections.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 2:54:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Amazon ones are nice, but Brownells is waaay cheaper.
$6.50 for one, ten pack for $49.99
https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/shop-accessories-supplies/firearms-records-books/firearms-record-book-10-pack-prod87583.aspx

I've used the Brownells for eleven years.

If you foresee doing hundreds of entries a month, go electronic.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 1:09:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Too expensive for me.
I do 2000 guns a year and that book, while nice, would run me over $200 a year. Brownells does exactly the same "job" for MUCH LESS.
A ten pack of Brownells books is a whopping $49.99 and enough for over 3,000 entries.
I keep two books one for Title I, one for NFA.

Brownells style, being 3ring compatible makes storing and use pretty easy.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 4:35:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Too expensive for me.
I do 2000 guns a year and that book, while nice, would run me over $200 a year. Brownells does exactly the same "job" for MUCH LESS.
A ten pack of Brownells books is a whopping $49.99 and enough for over 3,000 entries.

View Quote
I actually graduated to EZArmsKeeper and ditched paper. TX doesn't allow electronic BBs?
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 6:21:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I actually graduated to EZArmsKeeper and ditched paper. TX doesn't allow electronic BBs?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too expensive for me.

I'm happy with keeping paper books and am cheap. Texas doesn't regulate gun dealers, therefore doesn't care whether I use paper or electronic.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 6:28:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Make sure to match it to your License type. 01/07/10/etc do not use the same books.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 10:15:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys. I'm liking the looks of that book factory one.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks guys. I'm liking the looks of that book factory one.
View Quote
It's the same one I use
There are some quirks with it, as with any of the available options
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's the same one I use
There are some quirks with it, as with any of the available options
View Quote
Thanks. That's the one I ordered. Out of curiosity, what quirks do you find with it?

IOI interview tomorrow! WooHoo!
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 8:48:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks. That's the one I ordered. Out of curiosity, what quirks do you find with it?

IOI interview tomorrow! WooHoo!
View Quote
I guess only that none of the bound books have everything just the way I would like it.
That one's fairly clean looking, but some of the fields should be bigger. I know that space limits that, but I don't have the biggest print in the world and I run out of space to write stuff on a regular basis
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top