Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2018 1:11:18 AM EDT
Mine arrived in a plastic bag inside a brown cardboard box without any kind of seal. The box was just a generic box (no Pelican logo) and totally came apart/opened when it arrived. There is a Pelican label on the box with Part # and WO#.
Doesn't legit Pelican cases come in Pelican boxes like in this video https://youtu.be/AGVV_x27IX4?t=54s
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 11:04:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Mine arrived in a plastic bag inside a brown cardboard box without any kind of seal. The box was just a generic box (no Pelican logo) and totally came apart/opened when it arrived. There is a Pelican label on the box with Part # and WO#.
Doesn't legit Pelican cases come in Pelican boxes like in this video https://youtu.be/AGVV_x27IX4?t=54s
View Quote
I'd be interested in this as well as recently on eBay I saw a listing for some of these that raised suspicion.  Inconsistencies in the ad between the title and description and a few other cues got me thinking someone is knocking off these cases.  I've only purchased one Pelican/Storm case and it came in a cardboard box with full graphics and product info all over the outside.  The plain box you describe is suspect.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 12:11:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought mine from Mile High and came the same way as yours but not torn up.  Plastic bag plain brown box.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 1:15:33 PM EDT
[#3]
The plain box might not mean it's counterfeit.  It might be a simplified packaging used for bulk orders or contract runs.  A lot of companies do this when they sell not-for-retail, such as when Magpul sells their grips and BUIS to firearm manufacturers for use as OEM parts on new builds, they just come bulk packed in plastic baggies.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The plain box might not mean it's counterfeit.  It might be a simplified packaging used for bulk orders or contract runs.  A lot of companies do this when they sell not-for-retail, such as when Magpul sells their grips and BUIS to firearm manufacturers for use as OEM parts on new builds, they just come bulk packed in plastic baggies.
View Quote
gunsmidwest claims the case does not come in a cardboard box, sounds like total BS to me.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 3:09:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Call Pelican and talk to them. They will quickly be able to tell you if its real or fake
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 3:14:37 PM EDT
[#6]
We've bought several IM3100 and IM3200 cases lately from a variety of sources. They all came in the same kind of packaging yours did.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top