Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2023 10:55:37 PM EDT

The one on the left is an 1840 US Flint musket cone in barrel conversion to percussion.
Linkage

The one on the right is an 1839 Tower Percussion conversion musket. It came from The Muzzleloader shop, ltd. located in Berryville, Arkansas.

http://www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com/1839tower.htm

The owner of Loyalist Arms recommends buying from The Muzzleloading Shop for now due to them having staffing issues still from the COVID crazies. From the time I sent the USPMO to Arkansas until the musket arrived here in Plano was 7 days. It took from August to yesterday to get the musket from Canada. Just be aware that the Arkansas shop doesn't have all the muskets in stock. Highly suggest you call to find stockage.

Nota bene: these are not N-SSA match approved since they're from India.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 8:59:28 AM EDT
[#1]
The Muzzleloader Shop website hasn't changed since the 1990s.

These have the fire channel drilled?
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 9:32:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Does one have to create a acct and login to see prices on the muzzleloader shop?
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 10:18:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Neat!

I recall reading horrible reviews on that company in the past.

Note to self, go for a visit:
The Muzzleloader Shop NW, at 612 Cedarvale Road, Berryville, Arkansas 72616  telephone:  (870) 929-6257

Googling it just now - It's a guy's house. I'll have to call em and see if they have a showroom in the house.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 2:44:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

yes,

Quoted:
Does one have to create an acct and login to see prices on the muzzleloader shop?
Not set up for prices. Either look at the main Loyalist Arms site or call them.  The operators of both shops have day jobs, best to call from 1630 to 2000. From my talking with them, they can totally do flintlocks; though, html code isn't their forte.

Quoted:
Neat!

I recall reading horrible reviews on that company in the past. << Middlesex Trading is the one I see the most negative reviews about. Not saying you didn't, just that Loyalist Arms has the best rep of the Indian imports.

The Muzzleloader Shop NW, at 612 Cedarvale Road, Berryville, Arkansas 72616  telephone:  (870) 929-6257

Googling it just now - It's a guy's house. I'll have to call em and see if they have a showroom in the house.
 When I talked to him, he said he worked a day job. Also, their website says no cartridge guns. May very well be to avoid having an FFL and its requirements.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 3:10:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Those look gorgeous against that gate and that grass.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 11:59:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
yes,

Not set up for prices. Either look at the main Loyalist Arms site or call them.  The operators of both shops have day jobs, best to call from 1630 to 2000. From my talking with them, they can totally do flintlocks; though, html code isn't their forte.

When I talked to him, he said he worked a day job. Also, their website says no cartridge guns. May very well be to avoid having an FFL and its requirements.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes,

Quoted:
Does one have to create an acct and login to see prices on the muzzleloader shop?

Quoted:
Neat!

I recall reading horrible reviews on that company in the past. << Middlesex Trading is the one I see the most negative reviews about. Not saying you didn't, just that Loyalist Arms has the best rep of the Indian imports.

Yep you're absolutely right that was Middlesex Trading with the horrible reviews.

I'm going to give the Muzzleloader shop a call in the afternoon and see when they are open for a visit. Good muzzle loading shops are hard to find.
A few years ago I visited Dixie Gun Works in TN. If you find yourself nearby stop in, it's worth it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 11:12:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A few years ago I visited Dixie Gun Works in TN. If you find yourself nearby stop in, it's worth it.
View Quote
Yep, definitely!
https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Dixie-Gun-Works/16-537733/
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:27:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Nice. I stopped in on the way home from Florida 2 years ago and walked out with this:

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top