Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2018 2:02:00 AM EDT
Anyone run either of these setups pros/cons?

Edit: I'm not trying to fuse the images of thermal/i2, If I where to use them on a bridge is to flip the thermal out of the way and use my RDS passively with my LAM as primary. Also seem latley that the whole buzz of the Breach has died down significantly.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 2:30:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I don’t have them but the talk is that your brain won’t fuse the two images.

If you are running them on a bridge, plan on viewing individually.

I’m sure someone that is more in the know will tune in shortly.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 11:05:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Im wondering the same thing as you I haven’t pulled the trigger yet but I’m planning on buying the mod armory bridge
You can swap in a Pvs-14 or a breach if you buy an extra arm

https://www.modarmory.com/product/integrated-components-night-vision-helmet-mount-d-14-dual-pvs-14-mounting-system/
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 11:12:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im wondering the same thing as you I haven’t pulled the trigger yet but I’m planning on buying the mod armory bridge
You can swap in a Pvs-14 or a breach if you buy an extra arm

https://www.modarmory.com/product/integrated-components-night-vision-helmet-mount-d-14-dual-pvs-14-mounting-system/
View Quote
I have the bridge already and the nice thing is they now make it for the light weight version as well as the detach model.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I have the bridge already and the nice thing is they now make it for the light weight version as well as the detach model.
View Quote
I thought the FLIR breach arm only worked for the detach model?

This is what they state on their website
“Adapter shown on IC/D-14 Dual Mount with QD arms, and does not work with the light weight version. Price is for adapter only”
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 11:28:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I thought the FLIR breach arm only worked for the detach model?

This is what they state on their website
“Adapter shown on IC/D-14 Dual Mount with QD arms, and does not work with the light weight version. Price is for adapter only”
View Quote
Yup I seen that, but on their FB page states they make it/works for both models. Also look at the example pics closely it's mounted on the light weight model. Not only that the reason I bought the quick detach model for 200+ more was for the well "quick detach" option. The one pictured is a solid mount .
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 11:40:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yup I seen that, but on their FB page states they make it/works for both models. Also look at the example pics closely it's mounted on the light weight model. Not only that the reason I bought the quick detach model for 200+ more was for the well "quick detach" option. The one pictured is a solid mount .
View Quote
Yeah the breach arm is defiantly not quick detach you have to use tools wich kind of sucks. I saw the pic on there FB with the lightweight version now I’m confused ?????
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a set of Mod 3 Binos as well as the RQE bridge setup using one of my mod 3 units and the breach.  The images do not fuse, but I do not get the headaches that some speak of.  You basically focus on one image or the other.  I do a lot of stalk hunting, so for that, it works well.  I do find that I spend a significant more amount of time focused on scanning with the Breach.  I kinda work under the thought that if I don't know it's there, I can't really stalk it.  But I feel if I were to use them in any type of dynamic environment, forcing my eyes to switch back and forth under pressure would not be ideal.  When you have time, such as while hunting, its doable.  But under pressure, it is easy to get tripped up and find yourself focusing on the wrong image when trying to aim with an IR Laser as an example.  Best move there is to flip the breach up out of the way.

I'll admit that I have considered going back to running binos and then having the Breach on a lanyard, but when running on the bridge helmet mounted, I see SO much more than the guys with me that are all running Weapon mounted Thermals.  I feel like I would miss a lot as well if I only scanned intermittently because I went to a lanyard hung Breach or carried it in my pocket.  There have been many times where Animals have dashed out of the treeline, cut across a path, etc. that no one but me would see while stalking.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 2:10:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a set of Mod 3 Binos as well as the RQE bridge setup using one of my mod 3 units and the breach.  The images do not fuse, but I do not get the headaches that some speak of.  You basically focus on one image or the other.  I do a lot of stalk hunting, so for that, it works well.  I do find that I spend a significant more amount of time focused on scanning with the Breach.  I kinda work under the thought that if I don't know it's there, I can't really stalk it.  But I feel if I were to use them in any type of dynamic environment, forcing my eyes to switch back and forth under pressure would not be ideal.  When you have time, such as while hunting, its doable.  But under pressure, it is easy to get tripped up and find yourself focusing on the wrong image when trying to aim with an IR Laser as an example.  Best move there is to flip the breach up out of the way.

I'll admit that I have considered going back to running binos and then having the Breach on a lanyard, but when running on the bridge helmet mounted, I see SO much more than the guys with me that are all running Weapon mounted Thermals.  I feel like I would miss a lot as well if I only scanned intermittently because I went to a lanyard hung Breach or carried it in my pocket.  There have been many times where Animals have dashed out of the treeline, cut across a path, etc. that no one but me would see while stalking.
View Quote
Great post thanks. I think this is the way I want to go but I really wish Mod Armory made the mount with a dovetail disconnect. I see how things can get confusing on which image to focus on and my first thought would be to close your eye your for the image your not using but under a stressful situation and daylight hunts/ops could develop into a bad habbit.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 10:55:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Great post thanks. I think this is the way I want to go but I really wish Mod Armory made the mount with a dovetail disconnect. I see how things can get confusing on which image to focus on and my first thought would be to close your eye your for the image your not using but under a stressful situation and daylight hunts/ops could develop into a bad habbit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You bring up a great point regarding the closing of one eye.  Sometimes when I find myself struggling focusing on the wrong image, I shut that eye to force my brain to use the other eye and that image.  This most of the time is when using IR aiming laser to engage pigs and I keep focusing on the thermal image rather than the I2.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#10]
The other night I wounded a coyote.  I had a general idea of where he was laid up in the brush, but wasn't completely sure.  Couldn't find him in my XP50 scope.  So I donned my 2600 FOM PVS-14, got my RDS pistol ready, and started circling the brush.

I couldn't see shit with the NV.  What I ended up doing was holding my rifle-mounted XP50 up to my right eye sideways while still being able to see through the -14 with my left eye. I could see EVERYTHING with the thermal: rabbits, a bird in the bush, and eventually the yote.

I wish Pulsar would make a Breach equivalent.  I would buy it in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:00:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Daily reminder that FLIR could make a bucket of cash if they made a competitor to the COTI at a more approachable price.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Daily reminder that FLIR could make a bucket of cash if they made a competitor to the COTI at a more approachable price.
View Quote
+1000000
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 4:25:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top