Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2022 3:00:56 PM EDT
On the continued search for my 1st PVS14, I have found a WP monocular with the following specs

FOM - 2643
Center Resolution - 72
SNR - 37.4
EBI - 1.4
Screen quality - clean

I would primarily be using this with a helmet for night time shooting in a rural area and general walk-around usage in a suburb.

From what I have found/researched, these specs would be good for this, but again this is my 1st adventure into night vision.

Any input would be great!
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#1]
EBI is a little higher than I like. I like to keep that under 1. What's the halo value? On just resolution and SNR it's a pretty slick tube. Even with a little bit high of EBI it'll be a pretty slick tube.
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 9:17:19 AM EDT
[#2]
When it comes to NV, you cant look at a tube's individual stats. Obviously FOM gives you a rough estimate of performance, but when you zero in on one stat you miss other stuff. For example, is your EBI high? Yeah, its on the higher side, but given that and the halo value, it might make up for the higher EBI more than a tube with a lower SNR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top