Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2019 12:46:25 PM EDT
Currently running a PVS14 on a Wilcox G24 mount on top of a Ops-Core Fast Bump.

The dang thing sticks so far out, even fully adjusted, that the rubber eye cup for the PVS doesn't even touch my face/eye. There's a good gap between and it drives me nuts. It really affects field of view. My other rigs are fine using standard USGI mounts. Thoughts? What am I doing wrong here?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 3:37:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't use the rubber eye cup.

You want it away from your face a bit, if you run into something or fall, you don't want the PVS to slap into your eye or eye socket.

Maybe a pic would help, unless others have any ideas.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:39:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I've tried it further out I just can't get away from it feeling like a toilet paper tube i'm holding away from the eye. It shrinks the FOV a lot for me (which is already limited). I'll try to take some pics soon.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah I've tried it further out I just can't get away from it feeling like a toilet paper tube i'm holding away from the eye. It shrinks the FOV a lot for me (which is already limited). I'll try to take some pics soon.
View Quote
I have the exact same combination and know what you’re talking about.

I could get the PVS closer with the USGI Rhino Mount w/ J-arm on a TC-2002 shell.

Curious what people say. But I imagine it requires different mount / helmet.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 6:04:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Last time this came up it was deemed the helmet pads were pushing the unit too far from his face/eye
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#5]
the wilcox dovetail pvs14 arm with the on off switch was made to fix this problem. or maybe it wasn't made specifically to fix this issue, but it does
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 4:59:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top