Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2018 11:10:39 PM EDT
Picked up a set, and have some questions. It was built be a private individual.

1. The red IR Light, I see an LED in both Tubes, but only 1 comes on when the onboard IR is activated. Normal?

2. What's the difference between the generations of PVS-15A/B/C? ( Im going to assume the C version is the new 80 degree Field of view). Any real difference between A/B?

3. MX-10160WG. Never seen this designation before, usually U/V. Anyone have any Intel? Cage 55311

Also picked up a brand new G24 Mount. Despite my earnest attempts, I get alittle bit of play with the base plate and the shroud (break away enabled, or not, doesn't matter), normal? And use bungees?

Link Posted: 4/6/2018 4:05:52 AM EDT
[#1]
As far at the G24 that wobble looks normal to me. I put a little soft Velcro or gaffers tape on the back of mine to “tighten” it up on the mount.
And the bungees are there to help remove the wobble, use em.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 3:08:34 PM EDT
[#2]
When you fit several parts together, all made by different companies, with different coatings on them, getting rid of 100% of the wobble is a huge challenge.

On one of my helmets (Ops-Core shroud) I have a small section of mole skin that I slid in as a shim to eliminate some lateral play. The same mount (Adams SAM mount) on two other helmets has no slop in it. Most of the time I either don't hook up my bungees on my ground helmets or I forget that they are there due to habit.

I have used some issue mounts that have enough slop on my HGU-56 that it is very noticeable, when just turning my head, but I have never had any problem with image distortion secondary to vibrations. While there are ARC rails for the HGU-56, to the best of my knowledge bungees are not yet approved as an add on and with the need for goggles to fall free with a hard impact I doubt that they ever will be an option to reduce vibration in our goggles when flying.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 3:34:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Picked up a set, and have some questions. It was built be a private individual.

1. The red IR Light, I see an LED in both Tubes, but only 1 comes on when the onboard IR is activated. Normal?

2. What's the difference between the generations of PVS-15A/B/C? ( Im going to assume the C version is the new 80 degree Field of view). Any real difference between A/B?

3. MX-10160WG. Never seen this designation before, usually U/V. Anyone have any Intel? Cage 55311

Also picked up a brand new G24 Mount. Despite my earnest attempts, I get alittle bit of play with the base plate and the shroud (break away enabled, or not, doesn't matter), normal? And use bungees?

https://image.ibb.co/ehwePx/20180405_203104.jpg
View Quote
I've got one of those same tubes in my PVS-14. I like it a lot, supposedly the WG stands for weapons grade and has the ion barrier further away from the MCP to allow for recoil of a weapon. The downside to this is a larger halo. I don't mind, my city has a dark skies ordnance so we have no street lights and everyone has to turn their driveway and porch lights off at night so even when I'm walking around the neighborhood there's not very many point sources of light.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I was able to take a better look and the Tube itself. I was able to come up with more info?

I wasn't able to find anything with regards to L3 producing the tube. I did see this comment.

IMAGE INTENSIFIER,N – Martin Military Inc... Gen4? (it says MX-10160B, but this tube has a WG)

Looks like the Tube was made in 2009?

5855015489651 ASSY 245180-907 CAGE 55311
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top