Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2020 2:48:05 PM EDT
I bought a PU sniper from SOG several years ago . . . .

Was wondering if anyone could provide some insight in the optic that came with it.  Looks like an original that has been arsenal refurbished at some point ?

Link Posted: 2/10/2020 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#1]
The Plant was NKV No297, Mid 1943- Mid 1944 as it lacking the year stamp, and has the strait knurl.
The Square with an x is a referb mark, 2nd GRAU Arsenal.

If you really want to dive in to the rabbit hole check out
M91/30 rifles and M38/M44 carbines in 1941-1945, accessories and devices (Model 1891/1930 rifle) by Alexander Yuschenko.
The English translation physical copies are near impossible to obtain, but the author is nice and has a digital version on amazon for $10.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 5:16:13 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the info
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:52:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's a good book, I have a autographed copy.  Alex is a really great guy and hangs around Gunboards, and on Facebook as well.
View Quote
I agree, Alex is a great guy who's expanded the knowledge we have on Mosin history substantially in the last few years. I also have a autographed copy of his book since one of my rifles is pictured in it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 2:27:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I agree, Alex is a great guy who's expanded the knowledge we have on Mosin history substantially in the last few years. I also have a autographed copy of his book since one of my rifles is pictured in it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/106484/1945_mosin_jpg-1272859.JPG
View Quote
dang that's awesome.  Ill have to grab a copy.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 6:54:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
dang that's awesome.  Ill have to grab a copy.
View Quote
The book listed above is Alexanders first Mosin book and is the only one currently in English, he has another more expanded version that's been released in Russian but the English edition is still in the works apparently. Hard copies of the first book are pretty hard to find since only 500 were printed but Alexander made a Ebook version that's available on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/rifles-carbines-1941-1945-accessories-devices-ebook/dp/B07PBQD932/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=yuschenko&qid=1581634235&sr=8-1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top