Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2018 10:24:49 AM EDT
Where did they cut corners to make the GI the economicl alternative? I like that the GI comes with the steel lower but the term "economical" worries me. Other than the obvious furniture differences, what separates the GI from the other two PTR versions?

ETA: I received the info, used furniture and less expensive parkerized finish.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#1]
The A3R/S have a black powder coat finish applied after parkerizing. The furniture is surplus. Other than those two things, the G1/A3R/S are identical.
I'd love to see PTR offer finished, barreled receivers with paddles installed, and nothing else. It would be a great start for a buyer to decide what
variant to build.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:08:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 7:11:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:01:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I just got one of those a month ago. Very nice. It was exactly what I was looking for. The only change I'm going to make is adding a "tropical" wide handguard. I just like the look better. I also am trying to decide on an optic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top