Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2018 8:19:21 AM EDT
I have always been a fan of HK roller lock guns especially the 51/53 PDW styles in addition to the MP5 of course.  So I have been eyeballing the PTR 32P for quite a while.  When I received the Atlantic Firearms flyer last month featuring the PTR32P I jumped in. I have owned many HK 91s and 93s over the years but I have never owned a PTR built rifle.

One of the first things I did when I received the pistol was to replace that 94 wide handguard with the correct 53 style.  To me, a 51/53 style PDW with a 94 hand guard looks awful. I really wish they would ship with the correct style handgaurd.

One of the things I really appreciate about this PTR pistol is the optic rail. As much as I like the HK 9X series, claw lock scopes mounts can be a PITA.

It shipped with a semi carrier and converted G3 trigger group.

Fit & Finish:  I must say, I am very impressed with the build quality. All welds look great, end cap fits beautifully to receiver and the carrier bolt group assembly travels the length of the receiver without a hitch.

A few pics showing welds

Pics of typical G3 trigger housing conversion with new semi spring.

In this picture you can barely see the weld (just inside red circled area) for the new pin to prevent over travel.  Nice job!

Modified G3 backplate/recoil rod assembly to accomadate the shorter PDW system.

I assume they are using surplus sling loop/front sight pins for the triple tree as this appears to be welded.  No big deal.

One big difference to a 91 receiver is obviously the mag well area required to accomadate AK style mags.  Mag that shipped with pistol rocks in and locks really nice. Here are a few pics.

Backside of magwell area. You can see a set screw here which is likely retaining mag release lever spring.

Rear sight seems to be dialed in pretty far off to the right hand side. We'll see how close it is at the range.  Not sure this is a big deal for me as I plan on taking full advantage of the optic rail.

Pic of the bolt face.

So I still need to get the feeler gauges out and measure the bolt gap before taking it to the range.  Pending a successful range trip, this is definitely going to be SBRd.  Looking forward to sending in that form 1.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 10:15:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice

Link Posted: 5/20/2018 5:32:13 PM EDT
[#2]
N_Parker,

Haven't talked with you for a bit! I hope all is well.

I just picked up a previous version of your gun (PTR PDW). It doesn't have the paddle mag release or the rail but looks equally good.

I plan on using it for a FA trigger pack host and am waiting on a return to the range. Loved it in semi and think it will be even better FA.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I just noticed your gun has an HK51/33 handguard, too. Did that come factory or did you have to pick that up later?
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi Jmack!
Hope all is well.  Unfortunately it shipped with 94 style wide hand guard.  I added the the 53 style handguard.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 10:27:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ve thought about getting one for a while.  One of these days, I will, because that looks really nice.

I just wish it came with an auto carrier.  Obnoxious to have to spend another $80-100 for the “upgrade” when it could just as easily ship with it anyway.  That’s just nitpicking, but important to guys with sears.
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 8:30:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top