Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2019 1:51:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Clean it real well? Inspect for broken parts etc.

Try that first and report back.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 2:27:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Check your roller retaining plate

I had one break and it wedged a roller locked

It made it a fuckin bear to charge when before it was so nice and smooth.

Took me a few times charging it and it getting wedged to realize what the problem was.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 3:18:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 4:55:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Probably 1000ish rounds through it now. Didn't use to be like this. Now it is extremely difficult to unlock the charging handle. Once unlocked pulling it back goes as expected. Remedy?
View Quote
first make sure you bolt gap is good then look at the gap in the cocking tube, it should be no more than the width of a dime, about .035"ish.

If the gap is too much its needs to be fixed.

If its too little (or none) it could have broken or bent the pin in the charging handle which you will have to take apart to inspect.

lastly how "springy" is the cocking handle. if the spring is weak it might not be getting the handle down in the correct position causing it the hit the pin and bend it. Charge the weapon and see its parallel when  closing or it hangs out.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 5:15:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Check to see if your firing pin is sticking forward after a dry fire.  Had this on my PTR K3P, pin was sticking and made pulling the handle out very hard.

Its easy to check, dry fire then remove stock and grip to see if pin is forward.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 10:16:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Buffer spring plastic end piece???
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 10:15:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buffer spring plastic end piece???
View Quote
If everything else looks good mentioned above Id look to see if the recoil spring is binding
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:53:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also take a look at the bolt head locking lever mechanism as well.  If it's dirty or binding in some way it can effect the cocking tube gap and bolt gap and make the gun a real bear to cock. It's one of those "oh shit" things people tend to overlook when diagnosing cocking problems.
View Quote
I'm not going to say its a "known" problem, but I replaced the springs/lever on mine after reading about the recommendation from a couple smiths on hkpro where people had problems
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top