Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2022 9:36:29 PM EDT

Originally posted in GD yesterday.

This is a PSA to all members of Arfcom that are looking for hardware for the unicorn M-14 E2 stock.
This is my personal experience. This is not a flame post on Sarco, I'm sure they sell some good things now and then, just an informational post regarding this set of hard to find items and a warning to buyers they may be thinking of ordering.
Against my better judgement, (I dealt with Sarco 20 years back and swore to never deal with them again, but that's another story....) I ordered a set of E2 parts.
I recently purchased a somewhat damaged E2 stock of GB that I believed, because of the description, to be salvageable.
Once I purchased it, I needed hardware for it.
Sarco, INC, offers an aftermarket parts lot set for a fixed price, plus shipping, plus insurance, and advertises it as this:
"Hard  to  find  metal  and  synthetic  parts   used in  the construction of the M14E2 stock,  all in one place! Because of the scarcity of these parts , we have had most of the parts manufactured to make this set. A few parts are original USGI. We currently have about 50 sets in stock and they are bound to go quickly.
Contains Buttplate assy., Butt pad, Pad plugs(2), Rear Swivel, Stock liner w/2 screws, Ferrule, Front swivel grip assy., and internal Rail as pictured."
I won't include a link, but if you search Sarco M14E2, you can find it.
The listing advertises ALL parts needed to finish.
This is what I received.
Attachment Attached File

Notice anything not in there? Like the flip up buttplate? They did include an extra short stock screw, so guess that made up for it.
And the quality! Hard to find items with such handcraftsmanship outside of Dehli, India!
Attachment Attached File

Notice the listing says "a few parts are USGI", not sure, but the front stock ferrule MAY BE USGI, more likely Korean, but the sling swivel, for sure NOT USGI.
Attachment Attached File

Most people would probably buy it for the folding front PG, this is what the unit I received looks like:
Attachment Attached File

The spring for the plunger probably most likely came from a Bic pen, it's so flimsy you can look at it hard and it falls down.
Overall, not impressed.
I did call and email Sarco on this, did not get a call back, but did receive an email that said they "would look into this" for me.
I really appreciate that.
Again, my experience, YMMV.
Edit: I did receive a call from Sarco today, 08/03, saying they would contact the shipping manager, but, as I had already sent an email, they might let that employee handle the issue.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:57:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Khyber pass E2 parts.  

Thanks for the heads up, as I’ve had my eye on the Sarco E2 reproductions.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I purchased a front grip assembly from them about one year ago. I received one in similar condition as the one posted above.

It is a very crude copy, which I have decided not to mount on an excellent condition walnut E2 stock.I have another birch E2 stock that needs some work, which my get this front grip as a beater stock.
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 6:20:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a e2 parts kit not too long ago. Parts looked way better than those. Needed to buy the short screws for the buttplate. I only needed the back parts, have an extra front folder now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top