Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2018 2:40:23 PM EDT
I'm sure most of you already know this but I haven't seen a thread dedicated to it yet. @NVjunkie was kind enough to recommend the idea of adding night vision gear to an existing home insurance policy for cheap.

For example I only paid approximately $50 to add a $3,300 WP PVS-14 to my home policy. In my particular situation, this covers pretty much everything under the sun in regards to damage, theft, etc. It's an agreed upon value so if anything happens to it, I'm written a check for exactly that amount.

So call your home insurance provider today if you don't already have your gear covered!
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:02:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Got a check for $3500 last time I, or should I say my cat, goofed a pvs-14 up.

Can’t imagine not having that extra policy on my nv gear.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#2]
OK The coons stole or goofed up my loadout, I'm covered. But what about tax deductions for thermal and nv purchases?

How are you justifying thermal and nv purchases on your returns to get deductions?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:58:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OK The coons stole or goofed up my loadout, I'm covered. But what about tax deductions for thermal and nv purchases?

How are you justifying thermal and nv purchases on your returns to get deductions?
View Quote
I don't know that you can anymore since the trump tax plan removed the nonreimbursed business exemption thing.

That was my plan.  Write it off as a work expense (Since I was going to use it at work)

But consider this a tag for more info.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:16:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I have my NVGs insured with Collect Insure.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#5]
As a prior Insurance Agent for Allstate, Try to get a separate policy for your high dollar equipment.  If you put it under your homeowner's policy and have a single claim to an "Inland Marine" policy it would be the same policy increase as a complete fire burn down. BTW, Inland marine policy os the legal name for policies that protect items like this.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As a prior Insurance Agent for Allstate, Try to get a separate policy for your high dollar equipment.  If you put it under your homeowner's policy and have a single claim to an "Inland Marine" policy it would be the same policy increase as a complete fire burn down. BTW, Inland marine policy os the legal name for policies that protect items like this.
View Quote
Good info! Thank you very much, I'll definitely look into that
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top