Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2018 9:59:23 PM EDT
Anyone else take advantage of this upper during the 4th of July sale? I purchased one and it arrived today.  My goal was for an inexpensive build for my first 5.56 SBR and I think I achieved it. If you have one of these uppers, how does yours run. Buffer weight?

Aimpoint H1 4moa w/ Laure mount
Magpul SL hand guards
GG&G BUIS
YHM 5.56 QD FH
YHM 5.56 QD
Toolcraft NIB BCG
Milspec CH

Lower
RRA SBR lower (I've had this lower almost 20 years)
Spikes H2 buffer w/ standard carbine spring
Magpul stock
Magpul grip
Standard FCG

As she arrived to me.

All prettied up.

Ready to get quiet.

Quiet.

Where she will live when fully tested for reliability.

Link Posted: 7/7/2018 7:12:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought one to put on my pfg lower whenever psa gets done with it.
I put it on my aero lower that is waiting on a stamp along with a sba3.
I found it over gassed with a h3 buffer and a recce 5. Only ejecting at 2 o'clock though so not too bad.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 9:43:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought one to put on my pfg lower whenever psa gets done with it.
I put it on my aero lower that is waiting on a stamp along with a sba3.
I found it over gassed with a h3 buffer and a recce 5. Only ejecting at 2 o'clock though so not too bad.
View Quote
I'm looking at one as well but the over gassing scares me a little
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 9:52:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

I’m following you around and posting this pic OP. Lol

Like I said in the other thread only a few hundred rounds or so thru mine. It has worked fine. Had it set up as a pistol with a kak brace. Shot it very little in that configuration. When the stamp came in added the stock and GA brake for my Optimus.

I sighted it in about 3 weeks ago and did not detect it being over gased. I did have the 30cal end on the Optimus.

I have a video of it being shot. Kinda poor quality. I will see if I can get it to post.

Also I paid about $230 for mine about 2 years ago. Just the upper no BCG.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 10:31:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Sexy ass beast! Both of them.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 9:52:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I put one on a Stag lower with a SBM4 pistol brace, cheap LPK, nothing special. I put a H1 buffer in it, ejected well at 3:30 or so, locked back every time. I'll be starting the paperwork to SBR it.

Its cheap, well built, and fun to shoot. Unbeatable value.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 11:40:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I have other psa uppers 10.5 nitride and 7.5 nitride, and this is my first time to get an over gassed upper.
I also have the others free floating so adjustable gas is an option on them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 9:58:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Friends came over to the house and shot today and buddy shot my sbr. The other was filing him on the iPhone and caught this.

Thought it was cool.

Same gun as previously posted. 10.5” PSA upper on sbr with no cycling issues suppressed or unsuppressed.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top