Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2019 8:59:23 PM EDT
I attempted to do the SBR conversion on my PS90 and got the take down button stuck and can not get it to return. Any help or ideas to try before I contact customer support?
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 10:30:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/23/2019 11:23:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Is the bolt carrier in correctly? Ive done that. Was upsidedown
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 12:09:35 AM EDT
[#3]
currently it is just the receiver, no stock, charging handle, barrel, etc.  I also do not know how to take the button out to see if there is any damage.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 12:25:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 2:31:23 AM EDT
[#5]
The barrel goes through the button, so you should be able to get a tool in there to pry the button back up.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 12:51:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 12:22:24 AM EDT
[#7]
So gave FN CS a chance to be helpful and to all those that know FN CS is near worthless.  Anyone recommend someone to send the receiver to take a look at it and give a thumbs up or down on if it is useable at least or at best to determine what the issue is?
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 4:27:38 AM EDT
[#8]
How weird did the button feel when you depressed it the first time?

If it has any spring resistance at all, I'd attempt to center it in its hole using my thumb(s), since it looks like it's sitting slightly to the left in the pic you took.
(Perhaps it's just stuck under/against that left edge). This would be the forward (muzzle) edge relative to the receiver itself.

Failing that, I'd spray penetrating oil around the sides of the button, hold the receiver assembly upside-down, and tap the back of it with a non-marring hammer (or tap the receiver against a large stationary piece of wood) in an attempt to dislodge the button.

You can also go in there with a tool and push it up, but depending on how/why it's stuck, that may scratch or bend something.
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry, the button got freed and was just held in by friction.  Button will not go back in enough to insert a new barrel.  Ended up using a duck tapped screw driver and rubber mallet and gently tapped it out with many quick taps.  Once it was dislodged from where it was in the picture it progressively got easier.  Called FN and explained everything to the person over the phone whom had me send it in.  The person that unboxed it called me asking why I sent something in that they cannot even look at and sent it back.  I am unsure what exactly is the problem, the receiver the button, both?
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:17:30 PM EDT
[#10]
@speeddemon02 any update? I hope to soon embark on the same journey and would like to learn from your experience!

I'm very curious how your receiver came to be in this state - with no barrel and no spring, won't the button just naturally misposition itself?  Did you never use it with the original barrel? For less than shipping to FN, you could buy another button and see how it compares:
https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/F811270017
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 2:32:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I ended up sending it to Elite Ammo.  It was all original when I got it and I tried to do the barrel swap myself.  I was told the button was the issue as it was no longer square and just needed a button and spring replacement.  Just finished it up this past weekend and it is everything I hoped.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ended up sending it to Elite Ammo.  It was all original when I got it and I tried to do the barrel swap myself.  I was told the button was the issue as it was no longer square and just needed a button and spring replacement.  Just finished it up this past weekend and it is everything I hoped.
View Quote
How strange! Glad you got it all taken care of - and I'll be extra careful with my button!!!! Thanks for the follow-up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top