Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2018 5:51:48 PM EDT
Anyone else having issues with the finish on their PS90. I can take my finger nail and scratch it it off....
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone else having issues with the finish on their PS90. I can take my finger nail and scratch it it off....
View Quote
It is a bit brittle, but I had mine cerakoted soon after I bought it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#2]
The two flat spots inside the 'magazine well' of my PS90 flaked off the first week I had it.  I don't think they bother to prime/prep the aluminum.  If it ever starts doing that on the sides, I'll probably strip it, prep it and DuraCoat.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The two flat spots inside the 'magazine well' of my PS90 flaked off the first week I had it.  I don't think they bother to prime/prep the aluminum.  If it ever starts doing that on the sides, I'll probably strip it, prep it and DuraCoat.
View Quote
That small flat where the front of the mag seats is machined in the US to my understanding. They just slap a little paint on there to cover the machining.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 10:31:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 1:27:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't own one, but I think if I was going through the effort of refinishing, I would go ahead and remark it P90.
(Assuming it hadn't been SBR'd yet.)
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is what mine is doing. Any reason. Why FN would not cover this?

Link Posted: 3/28/2018 1:12:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Here is what mine is doing. Any reason. Why FN would not cover this?

https://s18.postimg.org/h48xxmnrd/20180328_112019.jpg
View Quote
Personally, I wouldn't bother with FN. you will end up with the same finish most likely. If not already a SBR and easy to dis-assemble, I'd just rattle can it if it's a concern. As little as that is I wouldn't even bother.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 8:25:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 11:33:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine is a SBR. Anyone know of a highly reputable place that can dissasemble, strip receiver, refinish, and reassemble?

And I don't mind the casting markings. The finish coming off bothers me badly however.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 12:12:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Mine is a SBR. Anyone know of a highly reputable place that can dissasemble, strip receiver, refinish, and reassemble?

And I don't mind the casting markings. The finish coming off bothers me badly however.
View Quote
Disassembly is super easy.  LTM refinishing did my cerakote job.

Link Posted: 3/29/2018 9:10:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 12:48:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That is the LAST outfit I'd ever use.

LINK
View Quote
Interesting. I've sent a number of pieces to them over the last couple of years without any issues.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 2:25:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 6:09:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Another one of my projects on the short list, the crappy casting has always bothered me, strip, sand (a lot) and then duracoat.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 9:49:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Sent my PS90 SBR to Capital Armory 5 weeks ago for Cerakote and got it back today. Looks great. Hope this finish holds up better than the factory did as that was pathetic.

Link Posted: 9/9/2018 2:07:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Here are a couple of examples of extremes on the PS90 receiver.

Here is a VERY CRAPPY casting....

The rest of these photos are of a heavily customized PS90 receiver where the top was removed and a Picatinny Rail was added on....
View Quote
What Picatinny Rail is that? Who makes or sell it?
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 9:29:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
CMMG makes them. Have one on each side. They screw in using the factory holes.

Or are you talking about the custom reciever which was cut?
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 2:39:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im talking about the custom receiver. Wondering where to buy one.

What part of the ps90 is registered?  Its that top reciever part right?

How hard is it to get that barrel detached?

If i sand down the ruff parts or cerakote it will the gun lose value? (I can cerakote it my self)

If it gets SBRed does it actually need to be engraved? I have read a lot of conflicting info on that. If it does where is the least visable place to do that? Does it even have to be visable? Or can it be on the underside of the reciever some where?

Thanks for all the help!
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 3:30:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Im talking about the custom receiver. Wondering where to buy one.

What part of the ps90 is registered?  Its that top reciever part right?

How hard is it to get that barrel detached?

If i sand down the ruff parts or cerakote it will the gun lose value? (I can cerakote it my self)

If it gets SBRed does it actually need to be engraved? I have read a lot of conflicting info on that. If it does where is the least visable place to do that? Does it even have to be visable? Or can it be on the underside of the reciever some where?

Thanks for all the help!
View Quote
Google PS90 receivers. There are a few places out there that will customize them.

The metal part, which is the receiver is the registered part. Not the plastic part.

Not hard at all to get the barrel detached. Google PS90 barrel change. Lots of info and pics out there on this.

If you have a good finish on yours I would not touch it. If not, then a good cerakote job will not cause it to loose vaule

Making the PS90 into a SBR will require you to engrave it. It does have to be visible without disassembly. My info is just below the caliber. No one ever notices it till I point it out as the ATF standard is very small, and I had mine blacked out to match finish.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 7:23:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top